Tiny Little Optimus Weapon Nitpick

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by zimattack23, Dec 6, 2016.

?

Does it bother you?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. zimattack23

zimattack23 Peaceful Debater

Does it bother anyone else how inconsistent Prime's weapons are? First movie, arm mounted heat blade, same with second, then he carries his heat blade with a heated axe, then it's arm mounted head blade again with the knightsword, and now for some reason an unheated arm blade and the knightsword. Does this bother anyone else or am I crazy?

2. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No because Megs has also had a different Cannon/gun in every movie he's been in.

3. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

IMG_4799.JPG That's a similar weapon to an assassination blade that used to worn under gauntlets in medieval times...they just keeping it real bro

• Like Like x 2
  4. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

Ebay:
    No becuase other Autobots in the movies have had random weapons pop up before. Ratchets rocket launcher, Sideswipes back gun, Bee's shoulder cannons etc.

5. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I'd like him to have kept his gun from the first movie.

6. zimattack23

It just kinda leaves me wondering how many blades can one arm have in it? His current body has at least 2 in each now. His arm is a damn swiss army knife lol.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    If I remember correctly, it was once stated that Transformers in the movies can just kinda create weapons because of how they're made. That's why Ratchet had that 'one and done' drill or Bumblebee had those Rocket launchers

8. zimattack23

Oh damn I completely didn't remember that, that actually would make sense especially after seeing transformium's(ugh, why not Cybermatter or whatever it was in TFP) potential in AoE.

9. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

no i like how they switch it up however i do enjoy when the weapons transform out of their body as opposed to megatron's shotgun, etc.

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Not really. He had the same energon blades until he found the sword in the Knight's Temenos. The hand-held blade from DOTM seemed to be his wrist-mounted one from the previous two films. When he's about to fight Sentinel in Chicago, it emerges from his wrist, and precedent for them being removable was set in ROTF, when he threw one at Grindor. Sure, he also had a bunch of extra weapons in DOTM, but it makes sense the 'Bots would've had more weapons made at that point. They had Que to make them. Heck, that's likely how he got his Hooks from ROTF, considering it's implied the ROTF and DOTM 'Bots arrived at the same time. It is weird that Oprimus now has an all metal wrist blade in this upcoming film, but considering we've gotten explanations for all his other weapons, I don't see why the same won't happen for this one. Or it might be something he gained when his body changed, while removing the sword. That seems to be how he got his rocket boots.

11. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    It's the least of my worries

12. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me too. I think I recall his DOTM gun getting tossed the first time he fought Lockdown in AOE. I wonder if anyone found it amongst those abandoned warehouses?

edit: also one of his arm mounted blades got crushed by that grinder hole in Galvatron's chest.

13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Oh c'mon, this thread is useless

14. zimattack23

Very good point