times you got out of the Franchise and back in

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Maximus Danz, Jun 28, 2019.

1. ErickCruz

ErickCruz Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I guess I should amend my previous post and mention I did "come back" when the first live action movie came out. But as far as the hobby of collecting the toys that was early last year.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Got out after G1 cartoon and Marvel comic ended .
    Been back with the franchise ever since 2007 movie and since then been catching up with what i missed .

• Like Like x 3
  3. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Evil Warrior of Talking

News Credits:
    So I had a funny conversation of my mom when we were talking about sleepovers I had, I told her one where I and a friend stayed up till about 3:30 am Playing my two copies of WFC for the DS (both additions). At this moment she said, "Wow, you always really did like this stuff..." AND THEN she realized it was all her fault because she showed me G1 S1, TFA, and Energon when I was 4, and took me to all the movies.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Marvelboy1974

Marvelboy1974 Well-Known Member

During the Beast Wars era. I thought the toys were cool but I didn’t appreciate the animation until years later.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    There's on and off periods where I don't buy the toys for practical reasons, but the only long term out I had of the franchise was from the end of the G1 era to about mid-way through Beast Wars original airing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KrazyKraang

KrazyKraang Krazed Kraang

Yea nah yeah. I kind of stopped watching Transformers and buying toys when I moved to Australia for about 1 and a half to 2 years. Once I was settled I started watching guys like EMGO316's
    toy reviews and thinking"Da da da da da........Why am I not being a big man child and owning these toys?"
    So yep. Here I am.

7. ArcanielRE3

ArcanielRE3 Honorary Autobot

Aside from Prime, I wasn't really that big on Transformers growing up. I tried getting into other parts of the franchise after I finished Prime, such as G1, Beast Wars, and Bayformers, but none of them really captured my interest the same way Prime did. I never even owned more than five Transformers figures when I was a kid!

It wasn't until Bumblebee came out back in December, when I decided to fully immerse myself in the franchise and became a big fan.

• Like Like x 2
  8. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Ride ze Shoopuf?

My story is very similar to many of the G1ers here.

I was 8 when G1 came out, and I stuck with it until around 1989-90, when I decided I was too old (I was 13-14 years old).
    Then around 1995-96 my friend told me about a new Transformers show, called Beast Wars. I ended up buying some of the toys, and then I discovered the internet and the alt.toys.transformers Usenet group (I went by the usernames bubbafan2 and Smokescreen on there). Been in the game ever since.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Grimlock King

Grimlock King ME KING!

Ebay:
    80’s kid so I grew up on G1. Lost interest on TF when it wasn’t on TV. Peeked into Beast Wars, Energon and RID but for me it didn’t quite have that same feeling. I was Hooked into Transformers Animated for some reason. I loved the caricatures of my favorite G1 Transformers. And again I’m out of love with the franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper green

News Credits:
    After age of extinction I lost intresting tried watching RID 2015 and lost intresting early on then didn't watch prime wars trilogy till later on
    Came back with the last knight the lost intresting and came back with cyberverse and bumblebee and so I've been back ever since

• Like Like x 1
  11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 died, here, for me around the time they switched to Action Masters. Micromasters back then didn't do much for me, and I could never get into the groove with their transforming bases, so it was around that period that I began signing off, then the line died completely in the US, so I was literally forced out.

TMNT was there to pick up the pieces and let me tell you, Playmates knew how to throw down a real playset back then. They were basically Hasbro's Black Series Star Wars before such a thing ever existed. They just made the figures because the characters were easy money. Not like now where it's taken them decades to do a character at all or do it properly.

Then Batman Returns came along and was all like "Move over, Kenner's gon' show ya, dey ain't the only playsets people in town." Quick Change Bruce Wayne, Batmissile Batmobile, Batskiboat? Aww, yeah, y'all!

G2 popped in and rekindled the flame and gave me a chance to own figures I had never had before, but the embers were dying and video games were taking hold a good bit. SegaCD, anyone? Season 2 of Beast Wars kicked the door open and said "Guess what? We're back!" and then Car Robots came along as well as reissues and I said "I'm out! Bye Turtles, Bye Batman, go back to Eldar Zordon, my childhood has returned!

And I've never really looked back... I do collect PR again, little oddities outside of those, as well. TF will always be my first love.

• Like Like x 3
  12. mtkinley

mtkinley Well-Known Member

Got out of it sometime after Prime, and got interested again after I saw what they were doing with the Siege figures

13. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Left when I was 12 years old - mostly because no one else was playing with them. Also, I wasn't all that interested in post-Diaclone era figures.

G2 brought me and a couple friends back to playing with the toys with all-new story ideas in a post-Marvel comicbook world.

14. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    First time I started slowing down on buying TFs was around the end of G1 when Hasbro introduced Action Masters. The idea of characters that didn't transform just turned me off. I then I got back into collecting when Generation 2 hit and I could rebuy some of the G1 figures I lost without having to pay flea market prices and stuck with them until the end of G2.

When Beast Wars came out, I still bought a few TFs here and there but not as many as I used to. Admittedly, the realistic beast modes were not my thing. I did buy a few more BW figures when Transmetals came out and I bought alot of Machine Wars but I stopped with Beast Machines. Then when RID 2001 was announced with the return of the Autobots to the main line, I was hooked again and I have been collecting TFs ever since.

15. StrangeAeons

StrangeAeons Well-Known Member

Transformers has been the one franchise ive returned to multiple times thru the coarse of my life since watching the original cartoon run in 1984 and although the live action movies really put me off, they are separate from G1, Beast Wars, The War Within and the WfC and FoC games and i can ignore that part of the franchise

16. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was out of the series from 2013 - 2014 and 2014 - 2017.

After Transformers Prime ended, I was under the impression that that was the end of the show and aside from Animated, it didn’t dawn on me at the time that there was going to be a follow up show, Robots in Disguise (2015), and that there were other incarnations of Transformers that exists, i.e. G1, Robots in Disguise (2001) and the Unicron Trilogy.

The only other iteration of Transformers that I knew were the films. As a result, I was out off loop regarding the ending of Transformers Prime season 3 (I didn't watch Preadcons Rising until much later) and and when Age Of Extinction came out.

After being disappointed with the film, I was out of loop again, as I decided never to see another Transformers film again unless it was different.

When I decided to re-watch Transformers Prime in 2017, I decided to look up on Wikipedia, and I found out the show had a follow up, Robots in Disguise (2015), so I decided to watch all of the newest episodes, and I liked it enough for me to regenerate my interest in the franchise. Surprisingly, it was this show that led me to this website, and ultimately helped me towards having a greater understanding of this franchise, and now holding it close to my heart, so I guess things worked out in the end.

17. StapDLambs

StapDLambs Well-Known Member

I have always been a G1 kid, fell away in the late 80’s. Piranacon was my last Transformer. I came back for a bit when TFA came out, but was back for good with CW.

18. Marvelboy1974

Marvelboy1974 Well-Known Member

I stopped at Beast Wars and got back in during Armada. Then I really got into it again with Classics and MP.

Years later, I’ve gotten rid of most of my 2000’s collection and only have MP’s, siege compatible figures, and G1 reissues.

19. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

Well, I watched the original show in 1984. Good fun. That was when I was a child.

And then I became an adult and I never thought about Transformers. Not for many many years.

It wasn't until around 2003 when Masterpiece Convoy and Binaltech Smokescreen showed up that I got in any way interested in the franchise again, and then my job got the G1 license to make games, so I had to research and re-watched the whole show, and that was around the time Masterpiece Soundwave's prototype got shown. That's what I went down the rabbit hole. That's over 20 years of downtime with no TFs.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Saberblade

Saberblade Seek and Destroy

Ebay:
    I got out after the 86...I didn’t even know there was a movie. I found out when I moved to Europe and stopped in a toy store so I can buy some figures, I remember the person told me after I asked him where all the other figure, that they were discontinued since they got killed off in the movie. The only S3 figure I ended buying was Metroplex, cause I at the time and still think Wow a giant transformer!! Then that was it.

When I came back to Canada in 1989, transformers were an afterthought. I got into BW but didn’t like it a lot. Not until I saw the 86 movie for the first time on tv back in 2007 that I slowly getting back. It was when I watched a G1 cartoon on YouTube that lured me back officially in 2009.