Tim Burton’s Batman discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by QLRformer, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

Or, you're really bad at making yourself clear.

It doesn't matter where he drops the bombs. They hit those guys. They're most likely all dead. That's just how bombs work. Unless you're using magic bombs that don't kill people when they explode. You say this is man misses on purpose. When he later attempts to punch Joker off the bell tower in the face. You're not helping him by saying he's missing on purpose. In fact, I think you make him sound like an even worse person.

At least if he's missing because he's a bad aim, at least then, he's making an attempt to stop the bad-person attempting to kill 1000's people right then and right there. Missing on purpose just gave him a chance to get away. And, perhaps kill more people.

And, in this part of the conversation, YOU are the one who brought up those versions. This isn't those versions. This is Tim Burton's version of Batman. He's clearly a different Batman than the others. He's an awkward, nerdy man, who wears reading glasses. Glasses, that he doesn't wear as Batman. Which may actually explain why he missed. He missed, because he missed.

If he misses on purpose, he's both an idiot, and incompetent.

2. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

If we were talking about one ir two examples I might give that possibility some thought, but I repeated it several times and they were quite clear enough

It doe matter where he drops the bombs because as I also said several times, I don’t deny he killed just about everyone in the factory, maybe even some civilians bring forced to work in the factory , but your characterzation and memory of his actions are far from what we actually got

Im not trying to save Batman, but if you are going to accuse him of done thing be sure to accuse him of something he actually did

Don’t say he shot someone dead with a gun when he never actually see him hit Anyone deliberately
    Do you read the comics?

Have you ever read the dark Knight returns?Batman asked himself that same question

No
    YOU DID with this question

Abd I found nothing “nerdy or awkward” about this man and I found the reading glasses to be nothing more then the persona of Bruce Wayne he was putting forth, more about his image and less about bad eyesight......Not much different than the idea of him walking around with Ginger ale pretending it’s champagne so that he could blend in as a playboy

And either way that doesn’t explain how the auto guns would’ve had bad targeting, He missed, because he intended to miss, because he wanted to do things up close and personal, not kill from a distance

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I don't go blocking people on the internet for disagreeing with me because I'm not 7. My point is you are bogging down this entire topic because you are purposely responding to every post with your disdainful opinion.

You've made your points, people have countered you with facts as to why you are wrong, and you blatantly ignore them all to continue an argument. Sometimes you just gotta be like Obiwan and take the high ground. Don't be a Vader.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dolza_Khyron

No, no you're really not making yourself clear at all.

So, he kills only the goons, but spares the big old mastermind. Why?

As for the glasses, and nerdiness.

Idk, why would Batman need to wear the glasses in the Batcave if it's just part of his persona.

1_vTxaDw9W5eWjVg00EZUvQA.jpeg EGaS1DIWkAAmOzJ.jpg Michael-Keaton-to-Don-the-Cowl-Once-More-as-Batman-.jpg

These are all him sitting at his computer in the Batcave with nobody else around except his butler. Yet, he's wearing the glasses.

He comes off as very awkward in this. Screen Junkies describes him as a 'billionaire math teacher who dresses up as a bat, and beats up poor people.' Screen Junkies outright calls him a serial killer. In which, I agree. I don't need to read the comics to know that his version of Batman is a serial killer.

And, that is what this conversation has been about. Whether or not he murders people. Which he does. He does intend to murder people. With those Gatling guns.

Even Screen Junkies agrees.

I forgot about the guy he roasts.

There is no denying it. Batman in 89' and Returns is a straight up serial killing mad-man, who dresses up as a bat, and beats up poor people. The intent to murder people is very clear.

5. Primeultra

no I made myself very clear

He didn’t Directly shoot/kill anyone in that scene useing the plane

And he kills the joker by the films end, so he wasn’t spared
    Some would say it’s psychological, but I don’t deny you raised a good point

But those glasses don’t look like they are of thr prescription Variety, Personally I blame this one on the record but like I said you raised a good point

Sorry still don’t see it nor do I see the whimsical description of a math teacher and how the character was portrayed

Which that comment was more about his Physical appearance anyway

Then what you need to do is learn what the true description of a serial killer is

A Serial killer is a person who derives some form of a perverse psychological pleasure from the killing of others, For the sole purpose of killing alone,Which we see absolutely none of in the film
    No, This conversation was not whether or not he kills but how you depicted those killings

And if you had you been paying attention and reading carefully you would’ve seen that

Since we saw no one die from those Gatlin guns you failed to prove this
    And I didn’t, and that’s certainly something that’s Survivable
    Total and complete nonsense

There’s no denying he kills people but he was certainly no serial killer Who’s only intent is to kill for pleasure

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  6. Dolza_Khyron

Okay, we're done here. Now that you're just making up your own definitions of words. But, not that it matters.

Being that he is very much taking pleasure in the fact that he just murdered this man. So, there you have it. He fits your description too.

7. Primeultra

I am making up my own definitions?Are you seriously that ignorant and uninformed Of the terms and words you use?

Look up the history if you want to of the actions and behaviors of most serial killers
    Guy wasn’t exactly dead yet was he lol

And even with that, the actions of a vigilante antihero is a far cry from that of a serial killer

Perhaps looking into these terms before you use them in a debate is something you might want to try doing Before you end up throwing around words/terns you obviously don’t seem to have a full understanding of

8. Dolza_Khyron

Perhaps, read your own definition:

Usually.

As in, not always.

But, like I said, we're done here. Especially now that you've resulted to insults.

9. Primeultra

I did ,do you realky understand the definition of the word usually?.... or are you trying to argue the exception over the general rule

Usually.
    As in “more often than not”
    As in “9 out of 10”

Beside look at your own definition

• a person who commits a series of murders, often with no apparent motive and typically following a characteristic, predictable behavior pattern.
    Batman in no way followed a “characteristic predictable behavior Pattern“

stop trying to use words/terms fit conditions you don’t fully understand

10. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot Too Much Horror Business TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Why don’t you point out where I’m wrong chief because it never happened. Quite the contrary I already proved why 1989 deviates from the established character and fundamentally undermines the story. You choose to ignore it because dynamite down the pants, asinine antics and a story loosely based on “Batman” vs. Jack Nicholson (as himself) is good for you. But hey that’s pretty much what I expect out of you. You don’t want to read my comments, don’t read ‘em and don’t respond. Either way I don’t give a fuck.

11. Dolza_Khyron

This is the most accurate description of this film:

NLvAovS.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    Sorry not in the Batman serial killer argument. And Batman killing people in the Burton movies is way down on the list of things wrong with these movies.

13. Dolza_Khyron

No, I was discussing that THIS, 'not-Batman' is a serial killer. Not that Batman himself is. Just this one.

And, I actually listed this as a plus in my original post of why I like this movie. I like that he's a crazy man in this one. But, yea, he is just as much Batman, as the drawing is. (Shown above.)

It's a plus to me because unlike other movie versions of this character. This one made the consistent choice of whether to have guns or to not have guns. (Or murder people.) Where as in other versions they want it to be the best of both worlds. Where Batman murders people, by letting them die. Oh, and having guns on all his vehicles.

I have no problem with the guns, nor the killing. As long as it is consistent.

14. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    So you like that Batman is grinning doofus you shoves dynamite down a Carnie’s pants and blows him up? I LOVE the fans of this particular franchise.

I found an extended cut enjoy.

15. Dolza_Khyron

No, I like that Not-Batman is a grinning doofus. I like it, mainly because I like the actors, the set designs, and the special effects. It's an entertaining film. None of the reasons you mention subtract from my enjoyment.

They only add to it.

Anything that adds to my enjoyment is welcome.

But, like I said before. I do not see him as Batman. I see him as this guy:

But, I also think you need to keep in mind, that one, I don't read the comic books. (Much anyways.) And, two, my favorite on-screen/live action version of Batman is this guy:

tenor (5).gif

My entire view of Batman has come from the movies and TV shows. Same with the majority of the rest of the DC characters. And, I know very much that these aren't anything like their DC counterparts. And, I'm cool with that, as long as I find it entertaining.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    Well that’s one way to make it work. Apologies I wasn’t reading the whole conversation. I never thought of pretending it’s something else. I mentioned to my wife how much I hate these movies and she said, “Really I didn’t know anything about Batman when I saw them.” And that made me sad....that people are out in the world and this garbage is what they know as Batman. Fucking tragic.

17. Dolza_Khyron

No no, this is how I see Batman.

giphy (3).gif

I've tried getting into comics, but quite frankly, I don't make a lot of money. And, I have no idea where to even start with the DC stuff. So, I just pick up random issues from bargain bins. Usually, less than a dollar each. And, that's my exposure to DC, Marvel, and other comic book heroes. Random issues, and trades/collections.

So, yea, Batman 89 and Returns, does not work as a Batman film at all. But, you call him Rodent-Man, and just pretend it has nothing to do with Batman, it is quite an entertaining movie.

And, no worries. It wasn't a very good conversation, anyways. lol

• Like Like x 2
  18. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    The Animated Series is in my opinion the definitive Batman. It’s perfectly balanced and dense. PM me your address and I’ll fix your lack of Batman books. I’ll mail you a selection of trades, on me.

19. Dolza_Khyron

Thanks for the offer, but I am low on space right now. Plus, I have probably 100 random comics I have yet to read myself. I've probably picked up two to three hundred just random issues in the last 10 years. If I were to get into a DC book right now, I think I'd like to read the rest of the Cassandra Cain Batgirl books. I picked up the first 6 issues, and fell in love with that series. Just the original run. But, I'll get to that later. Once I have a job again, and this pandemic is over. I think it was like 72 issues or something like that. I recall finding someone selling them online (Full set. Most likely Ebay.) for two dollars each or something.

That's my plan right now. But, perhaps you can PM the titles of those trades, and, why I should read them, so I can look them up myself. I'll look for them when/if I actually get into comics. I'd get into comics now, but I'm still mostly an animation guy.

What I love most about the Batman animated series is that they took the overall look of the 89' series, and gave it proper writing. Made characters like Penguin far more respectable villains. Where in Returns, he's just a little more than Penguin in the Adam West show. I love the animated series. Well, until the re-draws. Not too keen on the redraws. Although, I do like that Barbara is in it more often in the final season.

I like the animated stuff more than the movies. The Super Powers show (My original introduction to the character, in the 80's. The one with Adam West voicing Batman.), the Animated series from the 90's, the Batman (From the early 00's.) series, even that direct to target movie I saw, I like better than the live action movies. It was JLA and two heroes from the future accidentally thaw out Lex Luthor. Brave and The Bold. Those are what I think of when I think Batman. Or, DC heroes in general. Not these live action movies. Live action movies, if they're entertaining, they're good enough.

The point of all this, is I prefer Batman, and most of these super heroes in animation form. As I do with most things. Since these live action versions have nothing to do with the animated ones, I generally don't get mad if they're not very good. Or, if they're terrible representations of these characters.

Because my mind says it's better if it's animated. I don't know why, I just prefer things animated. I'd be more angry if they were doing this things in animation form. Because that is the thing I like more.

20. Primeultra

Well you made a good choice there
    I completely agree with you there, and with the way the character has been handled by some comic writers in recent years I’ve come to think of that cartoon as the best iteration of Batman ever

• Like Like x 3