'TILL ALL ARE ONE - What does it mean?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by batfan007, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

It's a mantra that hopes for a unified Cybertron, either in peace on this plane, or all within the AllSpark one day.

That's my fanon anyway. I think that in the sense of the movie it probably meant peace.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I always took "til all are one" to mean that one day the civil war would be over, and Autobot and Decepticon would be at peace. It's Optimus looking forward with hope, even at the moment of his death.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always thought Optimus meant something along the lines of "Untill all our souls are one in the matrix/afterlife".

• Like Like x 1
  4. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Till all (Transformers) are one (united group).

• Like Like x 1
  5. ReximusPrime

ReximusPrime Well-Known Member

How is 'Live Long and Prosper' more popular a geek term than 'Till All Are One' :'(

It's a mantra that's just as applicable to a bunch of warring sentient robots as it is to us tiny warring flesh creatures

• Like Like x 2
  6. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

because there are far more trek geeks then tf geeks

• Like Like x 1
  7. Altered Prime

it was marvel, and the matrix was already corrupted by the time thunderwing got his hands on it.

im not sure what you are speaking of here
    in the marvel us books, the dark matrix did not force anyone into creating anything or any object that could destroy a world

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  8. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus

News Credits:
    Clearly it refers to the day when the Enigma of Combination is unleashed on all Cybertronians, making them all into one giant combiner - when all are one. Except for Windblade, who would still be able to defeat such a giant.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    So it would be Chaos but with Windblade instead of Megatron and a Transformergod instead of a Deceptigod :lol 

10. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    Corrupted by what? Did another Decepticon get to it before him. Prime mentions specifically it was corrupted, after it merged with Thunderwing. I'll take another look at those issues and see if I missed something.

EDIT: did you mean this creature thing?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It gets more confusing later when whatever entity is in the matrix (or if its just meant to be an evil version of the matrix sentience) manifests and takes over Thunderwing. It's not clear whether it's related to that creature, or something that preceded it.
    It starts to feel a bit lord of the rings / smegel in that story.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  11. Altered Prime

in short, life without a prime

nope

no he doesnt, in fact prime tells thunderwing that the matrix is controlling him

ok

nope, not that either

i never found it confusing.

when optimus his fellow autobots sent his body into space to bury it
    but they thought the matrix was a program, not A PHYSICAL living OBJECT INSIDE HIS CHEST, so the matrix was sent out with the body

basically buried alive.
    over some time and wanting to experience life again, the matrix was slowly Corrupted by a number of different life forms it encountered in space

12. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Much like The McFeely, I always felt it would be when Autobots and Decepticons stood united as one against whatever's causing their darkest hour. Unicron's giant ass certainly fit the bill, and if you had taken the movie by itself, and ignored what came after, the whole set-up kinda fit the bill. Autobots and Decepticons did fight against Unicron together. They didn't live in harmony afterwards, though.

But, yes, "till all are one in the afterlife", "and I'll tell you all about it when I see you again".

It would be a wicked, delicious twist. I actually did come up with a treatment for an alternate version of Prime where
    in the season two finale at the Omega Lock, the gang discovers that the Primes were actually huge xenophobes and assholes and sought to expand Cybertronian rule and domination by force. Kinda like IDW Sentinel and Nova, and it's revealed Optimus himself is a bigot as well and seeks to continue their mission since he's the last Prime (though I'd intended for it to be slightly ambiguous, as in since TFP Optimus is a reincarnation of an Optimus Prime, I'd leave room for interpretation as to whether the current Optimus really is a bigot or his past life's feelings have completely taken over by now). "Till all are one"... under Cybertron's perfect rule. Also like Beast Machines Megs.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  13. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

One Cybertron, no warring factions.

14. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:

That must be earlier in the stories then, before the stuff with the creature and Thunderwing. I'll take another look, I read like all 80 issues or whatever back to back so I forget bits.