Till All Are One #5 iBooks preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sockie, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
  2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    I love Obsidian, and Ironhides a great guy. But why I do I feel we are getting another combiner?

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Writing seems okay, art is not great, coloring is a bit bland, lettering is freaking awful. Pass.

4. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Looks every bit as good as when we left it. :) 

5. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    I plan on purchasing the Titans Return trade and the 1st 4 issue trade of this. Might keep getting TAAO trades if the stories are good. REALLY REALLY hoping the references to Revolution are limited to the one panel here so I can ignore that it happened...

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Titans Return was DIRE. Do not go into it thinking it's going to be any good at all.

The Barber side was...okay, but the MTMTE side was so phoned-in on all levels. I have never been so disappointed by a TF comic. I mean, I understand Roberts is contemptuous of events and doesn't want to be distracted from telling the story he's already telling. Or maybe he hates to be dictated to. But there was an opportunity to do something really great here, and instead, it was almost like he was purposely telling the worst story he was capable of, in hopes they'd never ask him to do another event again. Never mind the jobber artist on the MTMTE issues, who gave no sense of scale to the Titans for the tiny amount of time they did appear. Drab, boring, not dynamic in the slightest.

I've been so into the Titans Return toyline and was hoping beyond hope for at least a halfway decent tie-in story to enjoy in the comics, so I didn't wait for TPB -- I bought all the single issues on iBooks, and they were just a massive, massive disappointment.

That's why I look at a bland preview like this one, and I don't try to trick myself that maybe the rest of the comic will somehow be better, or maybe the comic will read better when taken as a whole.

7. fishpop

fishpop Squishy

Ebay:
    I\'m not really bothered if the plotlines are a bit poop. I\'m gonna read all IDW comics anyway.
    I just need to get the Phase 1 books. Hopefully The Definitive Collection won\'t be a waste of my time.

8. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

well to be honest Roberts had already given due space to Titans, and in a much more captivating narrative than titan returns/revolution junk. The titan graveyard tyrest had was intriguing mysterious etc etc... The best titan part in titan returns was the Mondrian metrotitan.. thats it..

Also more importantly, Hasbro is making a mess with IDWs target audience approaches.
    We have (had..) 3 comics directed at three different audiences. RID for youngers ones, Transformers for early teens and Roberts (/Roche) for a older audience.
    Hasbro has now (after three very crap uniting events) dumbed down all three products for a younger single audience. If I were roberts YES I'd focus on finishing his damn good story as to get out of there ASAP.
    And as much as I admit that I wouldn't follow him (cos im more of a tf geek than a Roberts fan) I can't but think thats the best thing for him. Can I blame him? No not after he gave me the best TF read in ages (LSotW) and a damn good series that had a good thing going (until dark energon).

9. kyPRIME

kyPRIME Banned

YouTube:
    well, the bad art is a negative, but it\'s not made in any aspect by James Roberts so that\'s always a positive to any comic in my book

10. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

I'm having a hard time believing that Rattrap is actually getting away with his stunt.

11. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    The worst MTMTE issue is always much better than the worst RiD issue.

12. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    So Titan's Return stumbles towards a conclusion. The time between that last issue of MTMTE and this had me wondering if Titans Return had been abruptly swept under the rug. Well handled IDW.

13. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    It better be Optimus Maximus or Betatron. Seriously, you make the former combiner show up only once and the other one is nowhere to be seen. They can't do Computron at least bring in his stunt double.

14. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    I'm honestly hoping for Ruination. I could see Ironhide creating him to be a a part of his security force.

15. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    That'd be interesting. Maybe the Commandos could be parodies of the Combaticons. Where as the the latter are a successful military unit the former is a bankrupt mercenary team with a history of failure. In other words RiD gets it's own version of the MTMTE Scavengers.

16. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    You mean TAAO. This isn't (ex)RiD.

17. RobotKnight95

News Credits:
    Oh. My mistake. I havent been paying much attention to Transformers as of late. But yes, I mean TAAO.