Til All Are One Annual

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by maku098, Dec 20, 2017.

1. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Windblade isn't a new character anymore- she's been around the comics four years and appeared in two shows. It's like, if Drift was announced captain of the Lost Light at the start of MTMTE, we'd be pissed. If it was announced now? Not so much! Same deal.

After First Strike and OP 13-14. FS is before the latest two OPs, so I think there's a few weeks between Strike and this.

Which would leave them with no jailers!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

Search for people in your area who read comics. Make friends with them. Get to know them. Offer to do them a favour in return for lending you their comics or sending you their digital copy. Then you've made a new pal or two as well as getting to read the comic for free.

Alternatively, ask local libraries if they're planning to order in the latest Transformers trade paperbacks or if there's anything you can do to convince them to do so.

3. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    this was a great read...a great way to tie up lose ends in TAAO and a great way to set up the future.

the art was fantastic as well...some of the best in transformers comics at the moment (except shining armor...milne is kinda god) this has me wanting to return to TAAO badly. i feel the optimus book is going nowhere. it should be renamed 'transformers' and follow optimus on earth and windblade on cybertron. 6 issues each so we cover both storylines. everything on cybertron is such a big deal and i see no book ready to cover it which is a damn shame

• Like Like x 2
  4. night18mare

night18mare Member

I don't post about IDW transformers in any board, I prefer to sit back and read through most discussion boards to see how people feel about what today's transformers comics have become.

Some people's opinion I agree with, some I disagree with, and some I don't think will be able to understand their opinion, but I don't say my piece because my opinion is unnecessary and unneeded.

I say this because whatever I say about IDW transformers, it won't change anything, I won't wake up tomorrow and see all the things that I find personally distasteful and/or wrong about the comic changed into something different and interesting, my opinion won't stop it from continuing.

However, I feel a great desire to share with this board my feelings towards this comic annual.

I love it.

I flip-flop-pity, hop-tactically love it.

I love it because it brought a hope inside me since things began to fall apart when RID became EX-RID, but my irritations started after that, Windblade 1-4 was my starting point in IDW, never read primacy, autocracy, monstrosity, chaos theory, Dark Cybertron or any other comics before Windblade.

Never even heard of IDW Transformers comics until after dark cybertron.
    Now your might be wondering, why did I get into IDW, well one word really or one name exactly.

Windblade.

When I was in High school browsing pinterest in my spare time looking up concept art, I found pictures of windblade in a art style that was just so beautiful, the work of Sarash Stone (man I miss her work) I had to find more, and I did, I found a website that uploaded comics and Read windblade 1-4 and after reading it, I thought to myself, Your to good for this world windblade, I wish your were the leader of cybertron, someone with no history would help a lot, and then I thought, WHY IN THE FLYING BAGEL ROLL ON SWISH CHEESE IS STARSCREAM LEADER OF CYBERTRON AND HOW?!

So I looked up more Transformers comics on the site, I read for days, in and out of high school, I read until it was all I could think about, I researched the tfwiki to understood parts and pieces I could find, how the order of the story went, how things worked.

When I did finally catch up, I toke a break to process everything.

My first thoughts about IDW was this is awesome finally a dark and interesting transformers story, then me and my brother started to talk about it, and love doing so, but then the bliss started to fade rereading some of the comics, then it started to stared to become boring, then annoying, then infuriating, then heartbreaking and finally bad.

By that time I realized somethings, IDW is all over the place, the art is all over the place,the writers, the characters, the story, the concepts, the ideas, the universe, the crossovers, the world, the universe, but why.

Maybe because of Hasbro, Maybe it's IDW themselves, both or some other third thing, I don't know, but what I do know is it was pushing me and my brother away and it did.

Then we started to looking at other people perspective and realized, IDW transformers universe is dark and fucked up, and not in a good way.
    Even thou we check in every now and again we keep our standers low.

So now today's another day checking in on IDW, and I was happy as a bat on Halloween night, when I read this, I was jumping with joy when
    windblade won the election
    , for so long I was hurt and sad to see what windblade had to go through with...well everything and still want do good for a hopeless cybertron and now shes
    leader of cybertron
    I hope to see more of this in the future and I wish windblade all my luck.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for listening to my feelings, have a nice night.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Brawl and his Cybertini is the best thing.

Also, I didn't read the original Windblade mini, so I didn't realize she had a thing about going to bars for information before I wrote my story about her.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Its amazing how much this book turned around and how much better it is the winblade vol 1 &2

Its up there with early mtmte, wreckers and furmans run imo

Sad to see it go

• Like Like x 2
  7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is my favorite TF comic since...well since #11 in the series.

Just triumphant.

8. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Uh, no. They get no money from that and such sites are unaffiliated with them. If you thought reading there was a way to support the comic... you're wrong, that's not how it works, and they do not turn to illicit 3rd party sites to gauge interest.

They work with Comixology, Comics Cavalcade, comic stores, etc., not with whatever scanilation site is posting them.

The people profiting from that aren't IDW.

• Like Like x 10
  9. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Seriously, people, stop advocating piracy and telling people where to check it. It is not good for IDW and if you can't afford it? Then don't read it/stick to the summery.

• Like Like x 5
  10. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Plus it's against the rules to even do these kind of things on here.

TFW2005 Rules

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  11. Triceradon

Triceradon Well-Known Member

I'm not one to get misty-eyed over comics, least of all Transformers comics, but this annual struck something in me.

I'm going to miss this series so much.

12. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

That's awesome. Sucks you can't have pop culture while doing so, but that's... Life?

You're not entitled to any particular
    You keep on justifying your shitty behavior.

13. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Remember guys, crystal clear:

4. No Illegal / Bootlegged Materials
    Do not sell, share, link to, offer or ask for copyrighted materials. This includes movies, music, games, roms, comics, programs, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  14. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    I liked the book for the most part but the ending once again feels like IDW's painting themselves in a corner with how they're doing away with "bad guys" (Megatron, Shockwave, DJD, Galvatron and now Starscream to only name a few). I mean Seekers playing with dogs now are the norm while Trypticon runs a damn daycare...

So I guess Windblade will be the new Optimus to Elita's "Megatron" moving forward. Beyond that it just doesn't feel like they won't do Leige, Scorponok, Deathsaurus, Onyx, Quintessons(?) or Unicron any justice. Most of them will just end up being arc villains of the month despite waiting years for them.

8.5/10

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Hmm....You think Starscream also confessed to killing Metalhawk to?

16. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    Well, whaddayaknow, the Chosen One did unite Cybertron... by pulling a LeLouche.

Well played, Starscream.
    I think murder for political gain falls under "all crimes"
    Piracy for something under $10 is still not allowed on this forum. Reported.

17. goudan

goudan Bumblebee all the way

News Credits:
    Another three weeks before the book comes to me. Why can't IDW just make a online shop for Android users in China:( 

18. kmc

kmc Well-Known Member

What's with the 3 weeks delay? Shipping time for a real copy?

19. goudan

goudan Bumblebee all the way

News Credits:
    Yeah, cause we can't buy the digital version if we are not iPhone or iPad users.

20. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Damn that was a bitter sweet comic. Glad it got a proper wrap up.

• Like Like x 3