Tigatron2002's collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by Fenrys, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    someone over in the wfc appreciation thread said I should throw up a thread here, so here it is. if anyone would like better shots of any specific parts of the collection just let me know, I've got official, 3p and custom figures in it, not all transformers, but mostly. most of the shelves are broken up by season/year or by specific teams

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 22
  2. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow! :eek:  That’s amazing! I’m jealous of the Gen Goshooter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Thanks :)  That one is a custom using a ko/factory reject w/ la carzap head, and adapter from shapeways and the Takara goshooter headmaster that came with their wheelie. Got seriously lucky in finding that one

• Like Like x 1
  4. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Awesome!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fenrys

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    Amazing collection @tigatron2002 and it’s always a joy to see your wreckers :) 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Thanks :)  my cross continuity g1 wreckers are coming along nicely, the 3h ones are my absolute favorites though. Got a few customs in the works for my g1 wreckers, namely pyro and rotorstorm, though with pyro I’ll have to get a new inferno since I’m using potp inferno for that custom

• Like Like x 1
  8. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man I really dig this collection. What really tickles me too is how you and I arrived independently at the same decisions on chosen figures, how and what we're displaying. Here goes!

(1) I've wanted that Botcon Tigatron exclusive for YEARS. Great to see.
    (2) Loving the botcon shelfs. Oh man you have Catscan. Another high on the list of "always wanted, never got". That mold looks best in those colors.
    (3) I like the bottom shelf with PotP Optimal Optimus in it. You do the kind of new/old mold merge thing I do (in my case, I have no air razor, use TFCC Depthcharge, and Legends Lioconvo). How is that Dinobot mold? Worth getting?

(4) I like your Beast Wars Neo-ish shelf there. That longrack is better than the original release.

(5) Big fan of the green Scoop. Really wish I picked that up.

(6) I have a shelf very similar to your Headmasters Decepticon shelf. I like what you have here. A few questions. I was thinking of having that done with my Energon Scorponok. Think still worth doing? Also who is that Thundercracker+Titanmaster at right supposed to be? What Titan master is that?

(7) I LOVE the use of the KO Grand Maximus on your Masterforce Shelf. Brilliant. Is Energon Landmine standing in for somebody?

(8) Haha, I gave my PotP Nemesis prime inner robot a Dark Saber for a time too.

(9) Ah yes, putting a cape on Alpha Trion. I need to pick up that inferno mold. What Warpath is that? I had a Season 2 shelf like this for a long time before I moved my Female Autobots (with Alpha trion) to their own shelf.

(10) Your 1985 autobot shelf I really liked. We came to some of the same decisions on mold / release choices! I use that 3p Huffer and Cliffjumper, and took the dive for Legends Brawn too. I suggest you get that new 3p Gears that came out. It really works with CHUG.

(11) Your 1984ish Decepticon shelf I also really digged. Namely continuing to use the Transformers Adventure Frenzy and Rumble. I got the TR / Bumblebee movie releases of them just to have, but even once they release the Siege mold, I think I'll still use the TAV release. I see you also got Legends Kickback. Yeah the Hasbro release just didn't do it for me.

(12) Same as above, I like your choices for your 1986 / movie Autobot shelf. Love the use of Legends Kup and Legends Wheelie> I took the dive for them for likely the same reasons. We got the same Pipes (it's just a really good 3P mold). What headswap did you do with Wreck-gar in the back left there?

(13) Your 1986 Decepticon shelf is cool. I too use Legends Scoruge as Scourge and TR as sweeps, and used the amazing Mania King mold for a long time. I like the "Cyclonus + Armada" thing going on. Terradive is one of my favorite molds... head swapping him for Jhihaxus is brilliant. The chest shape is perfect. It's a far better choice than what Hasbro did for T30.

(14) I got a big kick out of Deaths head II being on your shelf. He's such an obscure marvel character... so quintiseentially 90s... I barely remember him besides what he looked like and it made an impression for some reason. So when Legends put out a release, I just haed to pick him up too. I thought I'd be the only person to care that they made a figure of him haha. Who is that red Autobot next to him supposed to be? What parts are those?

Overall, I really dig your collection. My collection is principally CHUG too and I really got a kick out of how we came to the same decisions on what the "best mold" to use is. Well done!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wow,.....REALLY COOL collection here. Now if i could finish mine right but I'm at a mess at the moment. I really dig what you did with the figures in different years of transformers figures. I like the separation you have with them in a little space to grow in different parts of the cases.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Thanks for the love :)  let’s see if I can answer 1 by 1

1:tigatron is my favorite character and I definitely needed him, got him when he was still regularly $250
    2: catscan was a lucky purchase last year, only paid $20 for him on eBay
    3: that dinobot is the ko of the 3d printed one, I think it’s a decent mold and worth the price, definitely better than the official alternatives for a generations collection (if you look close my prime Leo prime also has a renderform head)
    4:agreed on Longrack
    5: I originally only got him to give his targetmaster to someone else haha wish he came with both
    6:scorponok is definitely worth it, unless you prefer a titan for him, though doing the mods can be pricey. The green king kit (claws and headmaster adapter) cost me $50 and I got the perfect effect death stalker headmaster. As for thundercracker, that’s the overboard titanmaster, not a standin for anyone, more or less a new character in my collection
    7:landmine had his energon body in some of the idw comics so he’s pretty much an official repurpose for g1 landmine
    8:I was thinking of the devastation game when I did that :p 
    9:warpath is iron factory burning slug
    10:I had thought about that gears, but ultimately preferred the option of a toy head on the maketoys gears, not begrudging anyone that likes the mft version, just didn’t like the head haha
    11:yea tav rumble and frenzy won’t be replaced by the siege mold, the siege ones will sit in soundwave and soundblasters chest for eternity haha. I actually only got legends kickback for the double dealer head to mod my t30 double dealer
    12:legends wheelie was mainly gotten for the goshooter head, again for a masterforce mod. My wreck-gar head swaps are with tr ram horn (non removable, the body’s neck joint fits in the titanmaster) and potp snarl. Kup was just more accurate and had his targetmaster. Sad I missed out on legends blurr
    13:agreed on jhiaxus. My sharkticons will soon be replaced/added to with some of the larger cyberverse gnaws. Also figured if I was gonna give the sweeps their legends sweep heads I might as well get a 2nd Cyclonus for the armada
    14:the red autobot is flame, a psychotic bot from the marvel run. He was made using the single pack scattershot, a custom head from repro.man on eBay and silverbolt limbs

It’s been a labor of love picking and choosing some gigs, especially when it comes to my customs as I try to maintain a factory look and suck at painting haha

Yea gotta leave some room for growth :)  as far as I’m concerned, as long as cool stuff gets put out I’ll never be done

• Like Like x 2
  11. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

Very impressive and eclectic collection. Love the displays. You are a true connoisseur my friend.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    That's quite a collection. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fenrys

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Loving everything! Especially the Megaman X.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fenrys

News Credits:
    thanks! Megaman X was my game series growing up so it holds a special place for me

• Like Like x 1
  16. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    Same here, I am a big closeted megaman fan, I own 4 copies of the Legacy on different platforms. Played almost everygame, beat the first 10, working on the X then Zero series.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fenrys

News Credits:
    i cant wait for the zero/zx collection. have you heard of 20XX? its a mmx clone that is pretty fun

• Like Like x 1
  18. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    yes, I have been meaning to get it for nintendo switch, forgot to get around too it when the X collection came out.

Have you heard of the Rockman Dash 66 line?

19. Fenrys

News Credits:
    i have not

20. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    3.75 megaman line
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also
    [​IMG]

All on BBTS

They are mostly good, Classic Megaman and Battle Network are TRASH. But X:
    20190912_180428.jpg
    Is one of the best things in my collection

I really want to get the Vile as he comes with a glass of Gin from the X manga.