2D Artwork: ThunderDestron's Sketch Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by ThunderDestron, Aug 30, 2020.

1. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

View attachment 28849517 Welcome to my sketch/ art/ miscellaneous drawing thread! This is a placeholder/ title post so I can update the thumbnail!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
  2. ThunderDestron

This post is a dump of previous work just for the sake of having everything all in one place!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  3. ThunderDestron

New take on Tracks (possibly for a new continuity!) This version of the character is no longer a "card carrying memeber of the 70s preservation society" and is now more similar to a character like Cybertron Hotshot. The transformation is also a new one I came up with that I don't think has been used before. Essentially, the rear hatch becomes the chest while the sides of the car acordian out to for the arms. The front of the car swings down and rotates the fenders and tires to form the lower half of the legs. Color edit coming soon!
    20200830_125152.jpg

[COLOR EDIT]
    95C73566-B89E-4053-9464-755F634BA0A1.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  4. ThunderDestron

Soundwave head, Colored version
    1522B937-9A2A-46F4-8E12-4A63F6FB1B41.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  5. The Fallen

The Fallen Retired Collector

I said before, and I'll say it again, that Soundwave is wicked cool.

All of this is really good, but my favorite is that Optimus Prime you did. I really like the proportions on him, and the headlights in robot mode is something I never knew could make for a good look.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ThunderDestron

The funny thing about Prime is that it started of as a doodle and slowly crept into being a full drawing but with terrible proportions and bad perspective. I had to redraw the legs and resize all the limbs (benefit of doing digital drawings). Then I colored it and added text later for Independence Day because, MURICA!

• Like Like x 1
  7. ThunderDestron

Here is a recolor of my Tracks drawing from the other day. Cybertron HotShot! Because I based my version of Tracks off of Cybertron HotShot I decided to do that color scheme too!
    DF3E7347-5E10-45DC-AEB0-FF02108E03E4.jpeg
    Just in time to race the locals!

when I was drawing this initially I almost made it Blurr but decided Tracks was cooler and Blurr would just be multiple shades of blue. I might post a Blurr coloration of this but if anyone wants to color in the line art to make one that would be cool with me since I hate coloring!

• Like Like x 4
  8. sladeprime

sladeprime MS Paint Transformer artist

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  9. The Fallen

As much as I love Tracks (Especially that sleek 'Vette mode), this fits Hot Shot a lot more.

I might take a stab at it. I'm no good myself, but hey, it's worth a try. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  10. ThunderDestron

Thanks Y’all!

• Like Like x 2
  11. ThunderDestron

I have some new drawings to post but they aren’t all edited for contrast yet and none of them are colored! They are some redesigns of classic Autobots. I don’t know if they will end up with a universe to go in or not but they fit with Tracks and Hot Shot. Until I can post them, here is some ASCII art!

____________________________________________||____________||
    |______________....autobots roll out....................|...||____________||____
    |____________....\__________________________|...||___|__|_\_____\____\
    |......................\____________________________|...||===============
    |_________________________________________|__||______ |oo||||||||||oo|
    /.....\\\/.....\\\......................../.....\\\/.....\\\ ((___((_)/.....\___|___________|
    \___///\___///.......................\___///\___///..............\___///.............\___///...............

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  12. The Fallen

That ASCII art is amazing. Nice work on that!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    There is a lot of talent on display here. My favourites have definitely got to be your Tracks/Hot Shot design, your Bludgeon, and your Soundwave head. You’ve put a lot of thought into how Tracks/Hot Shot transforms without sacrificing the sleek look of the robot mode, which is admirable. The same goes for the amount of detail you’ve put into Soundwave, who is still well recognizeable as the character but with a realistic degree of detail to make him look truly mechanical.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ThunderDestron

Thanks! Tracks/Hotshot is my favorite so far. My intention is to make them look like functioning machines but still fit the personality aspect that makes transformers interesting. As far as the transformations, they are almost always the first thing I think of when designing a character. I try to make kibble as integrated as possible but not just magically move somewhere that wouldn’t be mechanically feasible. I have 3 more Autobot redesigns to post that still need colored, so I might post them later today.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ThunderDestron

...or the next day. Whatever. Here they are. Uncolored as of right now. Also these characters have very distinct color schemes in most continuities so I'm going to try some newer variations for some of them.

ARNHIDE!
    20200903_190851.jpg
    This version of Ironhide is pretty much the sunbow Ironhide personality-wise but looks based off if the movies. Also figuring out how to make the legs transform was a pain since a truck bed is pretty much hollow, so big tires!

Sideswipe..
    20200903_190909.jpg
    ...Doesnt actually turn into an Acura NSX, the parts just ended up like that on the chest. This version of sideswipe is inspired by universe 2006, RID2015, the movies, and (dont kill me) ARMADA!!!! Sideswipe is pretty much a new transfer to the autobot unit that would be central to whatever story this would be in and is inexperienced but has some skills. That was long winded!

20200903_190829.jpg
    Sunstreaker is backwards sideswipe like the universe 2006 version, except the sides of the car front also fold up for the shoulders (which means I can do a recolor of punch/ counterpunch aswell). As far as characterization goes, sunstreaker is kinda the opposite of sideswipe: experienced, but bad at stuff! Yeah its lazy but I did just say ironhide is just sunbow Arnhide!

• Like Like x 6
  16. The Fallen

I'm really digging all of these. Ol' Arnhide is my favorite of this batch, but the two car brothers are also neat. The bull horns on Ironhide are a neat touch, as is the way you put his back wheels as his shins. The face shield and visor on Sideswipe are also different and work really well.

• Like Like x 2
  17. sladeprime

sladeprime MS Paint Transformer artist

News Credits:
    I love the placement of Ironhide's vehicle parts. Looks exciting

• Like Like x 2
  18. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Just noticed the little horns on Ironhide. I love it, especially the degrees of influence from other versions of these characters put into their Transformations and overall looks.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ThunderDestron

Thanks y'all! Ironhide's leg was kind of a design challenge because I wanted it all to feasibly work for truck mode. The cab doors are actually on the back of the leg! The cattlehorns were an afterthought just for fun and I almost erased them but then I was like "those actually look kinda cool!". Also Sideswipe's mask was actually inspired by armada blurr because I thought it fit the wheel feet better!

• Like Like x 2
  20. ThunderDestron

I want to
    Getaway!
    (Another redesign)
    (Another uncolored redesign)
    20200906_134817.jpg
    Notes time! Ideally I would have made the chest look like sunstreaker's but it doesn't for several reasons. The first reason being that it already looks similar to sunstreaker so I wanted it to have some differences. Another reason is that fhe alt mode was heavily based on a Ferrari 488, which has a round windsheild! Also the transformation consists of the legs folding in on themselves, the roof spinning around, and then the arms folding up to make the rest of the greenhouse. The rear quaterpanels abd wheels are folded onto the back. Hopefully I will have time to color this one ince it's mainly white.

EDIT!!!
    Color version!
    37C63351-EACE-44BC-BE59-43040B525A8C.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 5