Thundercats!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by VictoryLeo19, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Bumblebee3

Bumblebee3 Autobot

News Credits:
    My complete Panthro ;) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i've opened all of them:
    LIZARD CANNON WITH LIZARD is legendary, that toy is fantastic

4 inch lion-o, he decent, he's nothing to write home about, and i vastly perfer the 6 inch one, but he is a neat little figure

4 inch cheetara is better than i expected. her posability is a bit useless in the thighs, but she looks great, and mine has no problems standing and so far i've managed to keep her bowstaff straight

3. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Stopped by TRU tonight and got all excited when I saw from a distance what I thought would be my second LIZARD CANNON WITH LIZARD, only to get closer and realize that someone had cut a slit in the package and removed LIZARD, leaving only the LIZARD CANNON. Bastards.

Then I spotted a 6" Panthro, one figure I haven't bought yet as every one I've seen has been derp-eyed. This one was the derpiest of all, one eye being crooked and the other being barely painted at all. So I am still Panthro-less.

Didn't leave empty handed though, I grabbed a Thundertank even though I don't typically buy large vehicles. Got home just in time for Thundercats to start and watched it while I built the Thundertank. Good times.

The Thundertank looks great, and is very sold. I was hoping different figures would activate different sounds, but so far every figure just makes it say, "Thundertank, FIRE!", which is pretty boring. The magnetic trunk is cool - the perfect place to store all of the accessories I've amassed so far. The Snarf figure is kind of lame. I don't understand what they were going for with the pose he's sculpted in, nor why they even bothered to give him articulated arms and legs as he can't really be put in any other pose. But it's cool to have Snarf, even if he does look way to big with the 4" figures.

4. Xanis

Xanis Plastic Belt Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Impatience got the best of me and I picked up a ThunderTank and Lizard Cannon from Wal-Mart.

I pop it out of the box and all is well except for the cockpit door thing. It doesn't seem to want to snap on to the little bumps on the tank, and the door/hatch looks like it might be just a smidge too wide to snap on. Anyone have similar experiences? Or did I just get a faulty lid?

5. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

I've got this feeling that Target won't be carrying the line, or at least not initially:

"Not sold in stores".

Also, if you click the "Where to buy" button on Bandai's Thundercats site, only TRU, Walmart & Kmart come up.

Anyway, I got Classic Lion-O tonight at TRU:

[​IMG]

I'm still not all that interested in the 6" line (though I'll most likely pick up the 4" figures,) but this one's a standalone exception. Great figure.

6. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Yup, the same on my Thunder Tank, the door kept falling off! I added some Krazy Glue to thicken up the connection, now it's not AS loose, but not super secure either. :( 

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    could anyone who has most of the 4" figures post a pic of them standing side-by-side for a height comparison pic? and if possible, with the 6" guys next to them? I'm stuck on which size class to get. thanks!

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

cheetara complete with "reference"

:lol 

9. Demonicon

Demonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The new episode made me want to start collecting the 4" line on that off chance we get a fuckin' Mumm-Tank.

10. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Just got Lizard Cannon with Lizard today. This toy is fantastic and I could easily see myself getting a army of these now. My Lizard didn't come with eyes? Do some come with and some without? Finally opened my Amazon order with 6inc Lion-O, Pantro and MummRa and I got say these are awesome. No complains here, great job Bandai.

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I need my 6" Cheetara.

12. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    We all do.

14. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After seeing last nights episode, I hope Bandai comes out with Mumm Ra's tank!

15. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    if you give me a little bit i can do a comparison of the lion-os

also, now i wished the 6 inch mumm-ra came with wings, he has the holes for it in his back but they put pieces of plastic to cover it up

edit: here cktiger

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the 4 inch is a very decent little figure, but i can not recommend the 6 inch one enough, it is a fantastic figure and everyone should get one, but that doesn't say the 4 inch one is bad by and stretch

16. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

So far between BBTS and Ebay I have secured:

4inch:
    Lion-o
    Cheetara
    Deluxe Grune
    The Thunderkittens
    Mummy Mumm-ra
    Tygra

Cant wait for them to arrive. I finally caught up in the series, Im loving it so far. I can't wait to get the Thundertank and infamous Lizard Cannon with Lizard. I dunno which Mumm-ra to get though. The 6inch comes with the sword of Plun-darr but I love the 4inch with the wings for show accuracy. I might end up with both. Differently my next round of toys will be Panthro, Thundertank and one Mumm-ra.

17. daytimeninja

News Credits:
    Can't believe Grune is going for upwards of 20$ on ebay. I'm going to wait until my Walmart gets him in. I also regret passing on Lizard Cannon with Lizard the other day. Damn. Oh well. They'll show up eventually!

I'm also really debating on getting the 8" Classics. I really hope they put out more than just Lion-O and Tygra. I would love to see atleast the original main cast.

18. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Crap thats sucks if target does not get these. Didnt someone here say that target will get these around christmas time?

19. daytimeninja

News Credits:
    Target has already done their Christmas reset. I doubt Target gets them at all, but at the earliest I would say sometime around early 2012.

20. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Nabbed 6" Panthro and Mumm-Ra from WM last night, fun figs. Also nabbed the Lizard Cannon w/Lizard off of Amazon (and to put it up to free shipping, a WM Fearswoop set I forgot to get from WM back when). Now I just need the 2 8" figs (saw 8" Tygra, just got the 6") and 6" Lion-O (They had multiples at WM, not in a rush), and a Tower of Omens.

And Grune.

What's with Grune? Why is he $30 on Amazon, and impossible to find in stores? Is he chase? Preview fig of a future wave? Exclusive? what?