Thundercats are Go!!!! NEW SERIES ANNOUNCED...and moreprimeland got it canceLed?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Sideswipe1954, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  2. Xabungle

Xabungle Well-Known Member

I don't like how skinny Mumm-Ra and Slithe look. Besides that minor thing, it looks pretty epic.

3. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Well ol' Mumm-Ra was always skinny in his mummified form, but when he transforms he should be a bulky kinda dude.

I agree, this looks FUCKING EPIC
    :D :jawdropper: 

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    WOW that is definitely shaping up to be a must watch.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Epic!!!!!!! wish like hell i still got Cartoon network, I'll have to catch the episodes on youtube.

6. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Oh I can't wait to see what this looks like in HD. So far I loving the setup of the series.

7. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Dude was that the original voice of Lion-O voicing the king there?

8. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Too bad about the anime look.

9. Keroshino

Keroshino Lovable Clod!

News Credits:
    Yes!

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

anime look?

anime WISHES it looked this good, wtf are you talking about? this is better animation then anime look, just saying! lol

awesome to see the thundercats in action, and i like that we will see the thundercats war with the mutants instead of their planet just blowing up lol.

and this also means maybe we will have tons of wonderful thundercat new characters, both good and evil.

i like hearing the original liono voice there, though it makes me wonder why he is not voicing liono! :lol 

but oh well. this cartoon looks amazing, it's like the way clone wars should of been animated, 2d gorgeousness! :) 

11. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    One extreme....

And another, all within three posts of each other, that was quick.

The animation quality here is fantastic, and while there are anime-esque touches, it still stands as a good example of Western Animation, especially since it is destined to be a merchanise driven franchise.

Appreciate it for what it is; and note this, Japanese Anime might be guilty of some stylistic and storytelling sins, but the fact is that the Japanese Anime being imported is keeping your homegrown crews honest. It is a shame the reverse is not true though.

12. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Frakkin Sweet. A definite must see TV for me

13. Razorclaw

The animation style of this new TC cartoon is nice, but too reminiscent of Sword of the Stranger and Seirei no Moribito, which is basically a blend between anime and western animation styles. Which I found refreshing in the case of the latter animes, but kinda bugs me with TC.

Can't western animation studio have their own distinct animation styles? I'm not talking about cheap-o CN "comic" style, but something more in the vein of cartoons from late '90s - early '00s.

Animation style notwithstanding I can't wait for this series. I hope they do a similar thing as was done with The Last Airbender - meaning the cartoon doesn't give an impression it was made for kids or teens, not being sappy, cheesy, or too over the top, but with comedy, tragedy, character development and everything else that made TLA such a blast to watch.

14. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This series is looking great! My only worry is that CN will cut it after 2 seasons.

15. Razorclaw

I won't care about how many seasons the show will have, as long as the whole story is presented and finished, without any "short-short versions" as the show has to be canceled.

16. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I think it looks fantastic and it was great hearing the original Lion-O's voice again in Claudus. On the whole, it looks like Thundercats and Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings had a beautiful baby. I can't wait to see it.

17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Well that's always been Western Animation's greatest strenght: variation. The only ones I remember having much in way of consistant style was DCAU, starting with Batman, then moving on to Superman and then Justice League/Unlimited. Animals of Farthing Wood was in no way similar to X-Men, as both are animated very differently yet wrangle heavy themes.

Anime is usually about the story, or the visuals, but the style is always similar outside some recognised animators (see: Studio Ghibli).

Both crews borrow from each other heavily, and as they say, immitation is the highest form of flattery.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Dude. The Animation is done by the Studio 4.c the same people who animated Transformers Animated.

This looks amazing. This show totally blows the original series out of the water.

19. Dolza_Khyron

i don't see the similarities between this show, and the two animes you have mentioned, in fact i see two entirely DIFFERENT animation styles.

i see this, and i think the animation is much closer to avatar, rather then anime. and avatar had, while it was obviously influenced by anime, it had it's own, neat, unique look to it.

saying that something looks like anime today, to me is just people saying that if it's detailed or looks amazing at all, that it's copying anime lol

and that is a real big shame.

from what i can see, this has got to be the best 2d animation ever made for television.

the backgrounds are gorgeous, the characters remind me more of a fantasy era characters, like lord of the rings. heck the lizards remind me of the older lord of the rings animated movies.

and i am liking that they are skipping the holicost of the race and just making thundera as a kingdom on third earth.

also i like that cat's lair is there! ;) 

20. Dolza_Khyron

wow just think about what animated could of looked like with a higher budget now! :lol