Thundercats are Go!!!! NEW SERIES ANNOUNCED...and moreprimeland got it canceLed?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Sideswipe1954, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Sweet, thanks!
    I freely admit that the love triangle is what's currently commanding my interest, although I'm also quite itching to see what scheme Mumm-Ra's going to attempt next. The new generals pique my curiosity, too - did they pose much of a challenge? Sorry for all the questions; I'm just agog with excitement at the prospect of new Thundercats episodes. :p 

2. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    :eek:  A new episode?! And it sounds really cool too (thanks Airspeed :D )

3. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I may have gotten the two new generals names mixed up. As they only mentioned their names once.
    Lion-O was really using that new Spirit Stone a lot to create an energy shield too.

4. Airspeed

News Credits:
    Episode this morning is called

Called "Trials Of Lion-O Part 1"

Definitely new, Panthro has his Robot Arms

5. Airspeed

News Credits:
    Atticus is the monkey, Kaynar the Jackalman

Episode Summary in spoilers

An annoyed Lion-O leads the group up a mountain pass, they all want to stop, but he doesn't. He thinks they are doing anything they can to go against him, suddenly they are attacked by Slithe, Atticus and Kaynar. They are all captured, they take the Sword Of Omens and demand Lion-O give them the gauntlet or else they will kill WilyKit, Lion-O is knocked off the cliff in the struggle and falls into a river, he is trapped under huge rocks and dies !
    The Spirit Stone activates and Lion-O comes before the Spirit of Jaga who confirms that Lion-O is dead and that the Spirit Stone is giving him a 2nd chance at life. Jaga tells him to go through a portal to do some Trials and if he passes them he will be given a second shot at life.
    The first trial is to get a key from the spirits of WilyKit and WilkKat, (the trial just took a form Lion-o knew) trying to show hi that he always runs headlong into things and needs to think more, after some failed attempts he uses his sense of smell to locate the key getting past the duplicate kids. Meanwhile The rest of the group believes Lion-O dead and Tygra is now Lord Of The Thundercats.
    The second Trial is a race against Cheetara to get to another key in the middle of a maze, to show him that there is always more than 1 way to get things done. Cheetara calls him out for being stubborn and tells him to try a different path, he sees a bird in the sky and it fly's down to him and this is his new path to get through the maze, he flies over the maze into the middle and grabs the key just in time.
    Tygra insults his captors and provokes them to attack him, meanwhile Kit and Kat pick the locks holding themselves, Panthro and Cheetara and the group fight the new generals. They get the upper hand and the 3 generals escape with the Sword Of Omens, the cats decide to go after the sword.
    Cheetara tells Lion-O he is only halfway through the trials and he dives through another portal.

Attached is the episode title picture I took

Attached Files:

• TOLO.jpg
      TOLO.jpg
      File size:
      196.9 KB
      Views:
  6. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

When is Thundercats airing? I haven't seen any episodes on Friday night on cartoon network since episode 13.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Better Question is.......When Will Canada get this show?

8. UPrimeT

UPrimeT Active Member

???

The orginal title was lost causes. There was no lost causes and did they explain why cheetara followed lion-o? MJ said they would explain this.

There was no alliance for the TC? The title is lost causes.

Cheetara is really OOC then, she has lead lion-o from the begining.

9. UPrimeT

UPrimeT Active Member

So cheetara is not distraught over lion-o being dead? Why did they go after the SoO, tygra can't use it and their mission is over.

This sounds like tygra's show and not lion-os.

10. Airspeed

News Credits:
    They were sad over the loss of Lion-O but they are the adults in the group they obviously had to keep strong for the kids and also because they were captured.

They went after the Sword because it is important, and has one of the Gems (I think). Why would they not go after it.
    Plus the episode focused on Lion-O's trials in the "Spirit World"
    -
    As for your questions about the previous episode, I am not sure what the name of that episode was as I missed the first 5 minutes.

I am not sure what you mean about Cheetara leading Lion-O, the title is not always a good judge of an episode, it may have referred to Cheetaras and LIon-O's romantic relationship as a lost cause.

11. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When is this airing in the US? Oh and the new 6inch Cheetara rocks!

12. chique

chique Member

Still sounds pretty Lion-O centric to me. At the end of the day, Cheetara is a soldier. Sure, she and Lion-O are close, but her feelings for him should not take precedence over her job as a servant to the crown.

At least, I would hope not.

Sad yes, but weeping uncontrollably ? Sobbing hysterically? No. Besides, I think she has better control over her emotions then the average person.

Are we really going to recycle the "she lead him on " argument? She never told him she had romantic feelings for him. So how could she lead him on? He misread her. Happens all of the time. Open and shut.

Even if Tygra cant use the sword, they still need to take down Mumm-Ra and his forces. In the event of Lion-O's death, what would you suggest they do? Sit around and wait to become Lizard dinners ? Just give up, and hide out?

Dont worry bro. The spoilers suggest that Lion-O is still taking up 95% of the screen time. Tygra and the rest of them are still getting tiny bits of dialog, and a couple of hits during the fights.

Man oh man. Is there anyone who can leak this online ? We still have no word about a US airdate, and no promo material to suggest that its coming back soon.

13. UPrimeT

UPrimeT Active Member

When does 16 come out for you guys and gals?

Tygra can't use the SoO only lion-o can, they won't be able to beat mummra.

Thanks.

I was the War Stone in it, tyga can't use it like lion-o.

Sorry for asking, how was cheetara's face when lion-o storms off? How did pantro act to the T/C.

So are you T/C fans?

14. UPrimeT

UPrimeT Active Member

We shall see.

15. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
  16. Airspeed

News Credits:
    I would probably side more with Lion-O/Cheetara over Tygra/Cheetara, but that may just be because we really only know Lion-O as a character as he has gotten all the development so far.

16 Judging by Rte 2's schedule should be on Saturday Morning with 17 on Sunday Morning, I will check if there is any mid-week stuff :) 

I know Tygra cannot use it, but to him I take it he thinks of it as a family treasure, it is what his "Fallen" brother would want, for him to get the Sword back, just to not let it fall into Mumm Ra's hands.

Cheetara's face when he stormed off, it was a mix of that she knew that she must have given the impression that she was leading him on and that she wished he could just accept her relationship with Tygra.

Panthro was never really the focus, not his character anyway his participation in these episodes was more to show off his new arms and that he is friends with the Berbils. He seemed fine especially once he got used to the arms (which can extend)

As mentioned above Lion-O was the focus, with the rest not much of a focus.

EDIT/ I did attempt to record the episode (Trials Part 1), but it literally is just my camera pointed at the tv and my TV is dreadful, I could put it on youtube if anyone wants, though that would probably be illegal.

17. UPrimeT

UPrimeT Active Member

Thanks.

I wouldn't post it.

18. UPrimeT

UPrimeT Active Member

Could you post 16 and 17 when you watch. Please please??????

19. Airspeed

News Credits:
    A few little bits from Trials part 1 that I missed regarding stuff people seem interested in

After Lion-O's "Death" WilyKit was crying, Kat calmed her down and then Cheetara said "There will be time for mourning once we get out" (Paraphrase) once they evaded their captors. So there was no real time for them to discuss his death much as he fell as they were all captured and afterwards they were trying not to get themselves killed among 3 very unstable characters especially Atticus and Kaynar who are quite brutal and mad.

and Spirit Cheetara kissed Lion-o on the cheek after giving him some advice, don't know what this suggests for the future of that ship, perhaps since it is Lion-o's trial it is Cheetara as Lion-O sees her.

Overall the episodes are good, I would like to see more focus on the other characters as Lion-O has been the focus of pretty much every episode.

20. Airspeed

News Credits:
    Do you mean Post episode Summaries or record and upload the episodes ?

I will definitely do summaries if people want them :)