THS-02 Convoy Shortage - Preorders Being Cancelled

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DrawerDemon, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I ordered it the second BBTS put up the pre-order (wel, that day at least), so I damn well better get one. I'd hate to have to go to Ebay, although I would for this guy.

2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thankfully my preorder wasn't cancelled. :rock  This sucks for everyone else though. :( 

edit: How the heck did I get knocked down to 4 posts? I know it's been awhile since I last posted, but damn!! :redface2: 

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just did another check with my import shops and yup...orders are being cut, left-right-centre. Some as high as 60%! Demand for this little bugger is through the roof.

Hmmm, what's the attraction of this Prime? Sure he looks good in robot mode but he's small in size and his truck mode looks kind of "off" - that's why I didn't pre-order him.

4. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After seeing this news post I went straight to ebay and bought him for $49.99 at $23.75 shipping from Hong Kong. Anyway, I always wanted him but figured he would be like the GF Hybrid Prime and be plentiful, that I probably would be able to get him cheaper later. Shyeah right!! The MP Starscream flyer made me want him more, but I didn't order because of that. So all in all, I hope I get mine even though I'm a late buyer. Right now there are less than 20 for sale on ebay. Watch in the next week or so that number jumps way up with lots of them at way inflated prices.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just heard from them...they expect no problems.

6. mag_jr.

mag_jr. <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B> Veteran

I was on the fence for this one and used the money for Laser Magnus instead. (Yeah, I know, but I collect Magnus toys, so I needed to fill the gap.) Now I wish I'd done the opposite, but it's too late to do anything about it now. At least I'm not one of the poor souls who got their preoder cancelled, or I'd be seriously ticked off.

Oh, well. Maybe Hasbro will consider making this one available, although I doubt it.

7. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

Curt from TFSource just got back to me and said even though the shipment hasnt been confirmed, they were confirmed to receive all enough units to receive all preorders. So if you got a preorder number from TFSource, you should be in the clear, but heres hoping anyway. :thumbs2: 

EDIT: My latest message from TFSource:

Now lets all pray. :D 

8. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Me too. I would think we're safe. :huh

9. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Never underestimate the buying power of the Kawamori fanboy.

10. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    So here's some weirdness.

Last night, I checked the price at Digital Toys. It was $44.95. It went up to $54.95 overnight. I just placed my pre-order. Out of curiosity, I refreshed the order page a few minutes later to see if it read SOLD OUT. It didn't, but the price had gone up AGAIN, to $59.95 - not 5 minutes after my order. That's a total of $15 price increase in 24 hours! I understand supply and demand, but if Digital doesn't anticipate any problems with shortages, then they're just taking advantage of the situation.

11. JPrime

This is the reason that I hope Im one of the lucky people to get one off the first boat, because trust me, DT wont be the only company looking to take advantage. :mad  (stares at BBTS :sly2: )

12. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    It's not like this is the first time a figure gets an overinflated price, remember how much MP-01 Convoy went for? Supply and Demand, or to put it another way, if you build it, they will come :D 

13. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
    BBTS does this all the time.

Primus was $90, then jacked up to $115 on the release day.
    TFSource and BBTS both raised their THS-02 price to $55 on Sunday.

If I'm running D-T ... the market price has been set at $55, I'm not going to stick around at $45.

14. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    I'm not too fussed about it. I didn't like the looks of it enough to freak out about the situation. This does remind me a lot of the New Year's Convoy fiasco years ago. Anybody remember that one?

15. keitaro

keitaro Geekinator

The law of supply and demand... yes, it holds true. So if you really want it bad, best to be prepared to pay lots for it. I won't be surprised to see any e-stores marking it up due to high demand. But that's what we have to deal with if there's a limited run. Need examples? Look at Xbox 360 on launch day and Nintendo DS Lite on launch day (twice for that matter!).

Again, I hope those who are in the hunt find it for a good price. Otherwise, it's a tough road up ahead for those who had plans to wait.

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

"I'm not too fussed about it. I didn't like the looks of it enough to freak out about the situation. This does remind me a lot of the New Year's Convoy fiasco years ago. Anybody remember that one?"

sure do .... i preordered from BBTS....they told me I wasnt going to get one so I ordered another off of ebay from HK.WHile the one from HK was in transit...it took about two weeks to get here...a mysterious package appeared on my doorstep ....now I had not ordered anything else so i initially thought it was the one from HK.....But i was from BBTS...it was my new years convoy they told me I wasnt getting! Man was i pissed....they were not cheap either...i think they were over $100....memeory is a little foggy on the price....THis happened to me with primus recently as well...I ordered from digital toys and they did not get enough stock to fill their orders and I thought I was SOL because BBTS was sold out...thank goodness for Tfsource....however this time they wont be able to save me if I get Axed from ths convy because I think everyone is sold out now.

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

IT seems like they are producing less of the figures ... maybe because they just want to get it out before they start their break from TFs?

18. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
    I think they're doing it to create that limited feel again. Let's face it ... the last few releases that were supposed to be great, and were, are still flooding the market

- Star Convoy
    - Purple Galvatron
    - Pepsi Prime
    - TFC20

Primus was short shipped ... sold out. TFC02 was short shipped ... sold out. Expect the same thing with TwinCast.

19. JPrime

I think it has alot to do with production costs as well. Gotta cut corners somehow. :( 

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    if you sell it, you can't say production costs, because the sale price is higher than the production costs... besides the more times you stamp that mold, the higher the profit margine gets. there's no good reason for them not to spit out some more, especially if they couldn't even meet PREorders.

Andy