Customs: THS-01 mods?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Chaos Incarnate, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    I'm getting a THS-01 soon and I've recently heard about mods that may need to be done to it. I know that some people had issues with the cannons staying in the correct position in the vehicle 'flight' mode, but I haven't found any threads that mention the mods it may need. I did a search for "THS-01" in the Kitbash forum, but came up empty. Anyone know what I may need to do?

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the only mod I recall was to make the guns line up straight in flight mode(vehicle), but it seemed to cause problems, basically you were trading one for the other, and it wasn't worth it. If you don't display him in flightmode, you'll never see a problem with the canons really. I personally think flight mode looks silly unless you wanna paint it up as a winnebago ;) 

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the only mod I recall was to make the guns line up straight in flight mode(vehicle), but it seemed to cause problems, basically you were trading one for the other, and it wasn't worth it. If you don't display him in flightmode, you'll never see a problem with the canons really. I personally think flight mode looks silly unless you wanna paint it up as a winnebago ;) 

4. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

This mod also allows for the guns to be stored flipped up behind the wings. I'll try to walk you through it.

1: Take apart the gun mounts.
    2: Remove the springs completely.(yes, you lose the spring loaded action for this mod, but I think it's worth it)
    3: On each gun, there is a tab that prevents the gun from flipping up. You need to shave that tab off.
    4: Re-assemble the guns into the gun mounts, without the springs. You now need to hold the black button down when moving the guns through their range of motion, but the abscence of the springs means you can place them wherever you want, including fully forward in "jet" mode and behind the wings in super robot mode.

I think that there was another mod that was kicking around that didn't involve removing the spring, but it had to do with cutting away one of the teeth from the little black wheel inside the gun mount assembly, and it was too complicated for me.

5. MECHADOOM

This mod also allows for the guns to be stored flipped up behind the wings. I'll try to walk you through it.

1: Take apart the gun mounts.
    2: Remove the springs completely.(yes, you lose the spring loaded action for this mod, but I think it's worth it)
    3: On each gun, there is a tab that prevents the gun from flipping up. You need to shave that tab off.
    4: Re-assemble the guns into the gun mounts, without the springs. You now need to hold the black button down when moving the guns through their range of motion, but the abscence of the springs means you can place them wherever you want, including fully forward in "jet" mode and behind the wings in super robot mode.

I think that there was another mod that was kicking around that didn't involve removing the spring, but it had to do with cutting away one of the teeth from the little black wheel inside the gun mount assembly, and it was too complicated for me.

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I might try that... I for one love the flight mode.

7. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I might try that... I for one love the flight mode.

8. Chaos Incarnate

News Credits:
    It doesn't do the guns behind the wings automatically? Yeah, that's gotta change. That's my #1 super mode pose.

What is the spring gimmick? I haven't heard of this. There is no thread for THS-01 in the Feedback forum.

9. Chaos Incarnate

News Credits:
    It doesn't do the guns behind the wings automatically? Yeah, that's gotta change. That's my #1 super mode pose.

What is the spring gimmick? I haven't heard of this. There is no thread for THS-01 in the Feedback forum.

10. MECHADOOM

The springs are there to have the guns automatically flip up... from being pointed straight down. Which makes no sense, because he can't even stand with them like that. Trust me, do the mod, it's worth it.

11. MECHADOOM

The springs are there to have the guns automatically flip up... from being pointed straight down. Which makes no sense, because he can't even stand with them like that. Trust me, do the mod, it's worth it.

12. Chaos Incarnate

News Credits:
    ANy places that have pictures of this mod in progress? I just want to be prepped properly for this procedure.

13. Chaos Incarnate

News Credits:
    ANy places that have pictures of this mod in progress? I just want to be prepped properly for this procedure.