Thrustinator!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SaberPrime, May 22, 2014.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

So I just found out about this Thrustinator repaint of the BW2 retool of Waspinator. There's a new head which looks amazing. I never thought of using that mold to combine Waspinator and Thrust though I have thought of it as sort of a TM2 Waspinator.

So... why stop there? The Transmetal Rhinox mold was already sort of a tank. I could totally picture that in a mixture of the original Rhinox colors and Tankor's colors. Giving him the same sort of new head treatment to make him look like this weird blend of both Rhinox and Tankor. I kind of have an idea for it too. Basically a mostly Rhinox head with half of Tankor's lower jaw covering half of his face and Tankor's eye. (I don't know why, I just really like that Cylon eye design and I'm not even a fan of Battle Star Galactica.)

I'd also really like to see this sort of thing for Silverbolt/Jetstorm except I can't actually think of any existing mold that you could just repaint and put a new head onto. I guess you could use the Max-B but it would require a bit more retooling than just a new head. Like actually putting wings on him. Maybe one Silverbolt wing and one Jetstorm wing. (Though I doubt it would look like it could actually fly it fits the asymmetrical design.) Retooling the front legs so he has Silverbolt's bird feet. And giving him and entirely new tail. I'm picturing Silverbolt's bird feathers with a couple of Jetstorm's tail fins just sticking up between some of the feathers.

Of course given the choices available this means that Rhinox is the only one who doesn't feature an asymmetrical design and does feature a third mode. But short of giving his original or Generations figures extensive retoolings the TM Rhinox mold is the best one to fit in with these other two.

2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I really like these cyber beast retools and I'd like to see some of the others get repaints as well.

Hellscream I think would look great in Sky-Byte's colors. That was the original version of Cybershark which Sky-Byte was already a repaint of the TM2 mold. Except the Cybershark version was actually a hammer head shark which really makes no sense. The retool got rid of the hammer head and I think looks a hell of a lot better than the original version. (and that pun WAS intended.)

The Thrustor I think the organic parts should be repainted into show accurate Dinobot colors while the robotic parts get repainted into Dinobot2 colors. Making him a mash up of Dinobot's two forms.

And these two don't even necessarily need new head molds. They can just be straight repaints. It'd be nice to have a new head at least for Hellscream to Sky-Byte but it's not necessary.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    That Tankor idea is brilliant. So is Silverbolt, but I doubt he'd ever officially be retooled that much, if a fan maybe tried it... You could even his wings out by having his bird wing folded at the same angle as his Jetstorm wing.

4. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thrustinator (as if if Thrust alone and Nexus Maximus weren't bad enough) is the only TFSS 2.0 figure I'm interested in.

Now I just need his buddy Heinrad.

5. IceCreamCyborg

IceCreamCyborg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Rhinox/Tankor idea is pretty cool. I think for a Silverbolt/Jetstorm toy Beast Hunters Dreadwing would get the job done.

6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

He does have bird feet and is a jet but other than that he doesn't really look like Jetstorm or Silverbolt. And he's not a cyber beast. They probably wouldn't retool the Max-B mold that much but even if they only gave him a new head I still think it'd work. I mean Silverbolt was originally half wolf half falcon and then he was just a falcon so why not have a version of him that's just a wolf? Besides you could also probably use that claw gimmick he has as wings if you don't deploy them all the way and just glue them in place. That wouldn't take a lot of retooling.

As for that Rhinox/Tankor idea... My only problem with my own idea was that he doesn't have the same sort of asymmetrical design as a normal cyberbeast since it's actually a Transmetal mold However I was just messing with my Armada Rhinox (I don't have the original version of the mold but the Armada repaint works just as well) and I've discovered that you can kind of half transform him. It's a little difficult to get all his legs to sit flat since it wasn't intended to work that way but you can get it to work. So one hind leg could be painted in Rhinox colors and have the leg deployed while the other leg gets painted in Tankor colors and transformed into the tread mode. The front lets like wise would have one leg painted Rhinox and the other painted Tankor. Both legs and treads could still be available should you wish to use them for his original 3 modes or you could mistransform him to give him that asymmetrical half robotic cyber beast look that the others have without the need to remold anything. (except the head) It also gives people options since they can decide if they want to display it half transformed just to add to the aesthetic of the Cyber Beasts or just keep it as it was originally intended. I kinda like the idea of having it half transformed but I don't think everyone will want to display him that way.

7. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    There's exceptionally little motorcycle to Thrustinator.

So with that in mind, and continuing the cyborg beast trend, why not use Max B for a Silverstorm/Jetbolt hybrid?

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Exactly!

This started out as just a discussion but given the feed back I actually want to photoshop what these might end up looking like.

If I can find some decent pictures of Rhinox, Tankor, Silverbolt, and Jetstorm, I'd actually like to at least photoshop their blended head designs. Like I said in my first post I already have an idea for Tanox/Rhinkor but I haven't got a clue what to do with Silverbolt/Jetstorm. So I'll probably have one posted in the Fan Art thread before I get around to playing around with the other one. I'll try and digibash the TM Rhinox and Max-B toys once I can get the heads done.

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

You know I just realized something else that's kinda funny...

BW2 Dirge was used for Dawn of Future's Past Waspinator and now Dirgegun is being used for Thrustinator. (which itself was already a retool of Waspinator.)

So what's next, are they going to start repainting Waspinator's original mold, generations mold, TM mold, BM Thrust mold, and Motorcyle Drone mold in Dirge/Dirgegun colors? They've run out of versions of him to repaint as Waspinator so the only thing left is to start repainting Waspinator as him. (Unless they start taking other characters who share the name Dirge and repainting them into Waspinator.)

10. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Conehead Waspinator?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!