thrustinator? really?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Crazy Ramjetty, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

as you have heard, the new tcc subscription service figure will be a combination of thrust and waspinator thus creating thrustinator and they appear to be using a retooled waspinator toy back from the 90's. I have two questions

1. why not just go with the upcoming generations waspinator figure

2. did NOBODY think that a name like THRUSTINATOR would give people the wrong idea as to what kind of toy they'd be buying? his name is worse than nexus maximus or big daddy for crying out loud!

sorry about the little rant but I just can't comprehend that hasbro, who removed derpy's name from the dialogue would allow something like this

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Mold-wise I don't think the TFCC can release a mold till it's been used at retail for at least six months...or something along those lines. As for the name, I think it's funny, and didn't find anything slightly perverted about it. Now that you point it out, I get what you mean, but I still don't see an issue with it.

3. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Even if they could use the gen mold, to retool it would be far too cost prohibitive for the club to do. Say Hasbro/Takara had the remold in mind already and all that was needed was to produce the figs, the club still wouldn't be able to use it since it hasn't been released yet.

I don't see what the deal is with his name. It's just a fusion of Thrust and Waspinator. Even if you did see something in it so what. It's just a name. It means nothing unless you really think about it and even then it's not that big of a deal. Thrusting does not immediate make it dirty. Derpy on the other hand can have negative meanings depending on how it's used.

4. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Does he come with a tickler - I mean minicon?

5. maku098

maku098 indeed a wise choice

News Credits:
    Generations Waspinator isn't even out yet, obviously. Even if it was out, isn't there a requirement for the mold to be like 6 months old? Plus, it would cost alot to retool it.
    I don't really have a problem with the name. Like what NemiMonkey said, it's just a combination of Thrust and Waspinator. Plus, the Dirgegun version of Waspinator works well with it.

6. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Ohhh that's where the name comes from.

1. Because that's boring. I'm down for the robot mashup.

2. It totally does but who cares really. I had a good laugh when I saw it.

7. Jotaro Kujo

Jotaro Kujo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do the people saying, "it has to be six months old" really think it's going to come out before June of 2014, (assuming at the latest, Waspinator comes out in December) judging from what happened with this year's sub figures?

I mean to be honest it would be in poor taste for them to take anyone's money for the second sub before they've put out at least 5 of the previous figures, I think, so Waspinator has plenty of time to hit that six months before Thrustinator comes out.

Let's be really honest. Why did they use the old mold? Because it was cheaper.

8. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Maybe they did it because Thrustinator's a bangin' name.

(lol)

9. CyberQuill

CyberQuill Active Member

I think he looks cool. Reminds me of the last episode of Beast Machines. It would be neat if this figure represented a continuation of that timeline, showing Waspy's further adventures.

The name, I mean, I see where someone can get the wrong idea, but in order to even think that way you have to make that jump yourself. And, this is a toy based on a kids' show after all, I think the naming intentions were probably innocent.

10. deltagod

deltagod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would.

And they will.

Otherwise they wouldn't have done the reveal so quickly (IMO).

The TFCC SS 1.0 signed was launched on August 17th (through Sept 10), meaning those who signed up for the club simply to purchase the subscription service have memberships which just expired - and there is really little reason (at least for me) to renew at this point. They're going to launch payment/signup for the new TFCC SS very shortly I would imagine to begin driving those renewals.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Erector's lookin' good now. :) 

12. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Erector will be the bonus 7th figure. Who could possibly go more perfectly with Thrustinator?

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Thrustinator was coined by Bob Skir in a Beast Machines DVD commentary track.

I think the idea is cool, but the figure has no place in my collection.

14. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Yeah it was cheaper, if they tried to give us that fig off the new tooling it would had hundreds of $ to the cost of the set, its kinda why the club does only minimal re tools cos that shit is expensive.

I mean sure they could have gone with a different fig altogether but really I think its nice to see some use of the cyborg beasts out side of japan and it fits the character/story well.

Also we don't know the exact rules but it seem clubs only get a tooling a 6 months to a year after it is sent to retail, given the production should start before that and the time it takes to engineer a new head would make using the new wasp mold totally impossible for even the clubs very lose time frame.

15. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Guess they could of went with Wasprust, but it doesn't sound as cool.

16. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All the while I thought it was a name coined up from that nemesis of Perry the Platypus in Phineas and Ferb.

Behold! The Thrustinator!

Never thought it would fall under the category of Nexus Maximus.

17. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

1. Because the damn toy isn't even out yet. They cannot have access to the molds while the toy is still in production. They were able to use Dreadwing because the toy had been out for six months and they were given the OK at the last minute. There is no way in hell they'd be able to use the mold for a toy that won't be out for another month.

2. To be honest, when I read "Thrustinator" I had no idea what to expect, but it made perfect sense after I saw the toy. I don't know how that would give anyone the "wrong idea." Besides, that's exactly what a Thrust/Waspinator fusion would name itself.

Yeah, it's a totally ridiculous concept. But if you don't like it, someone else will buy it. I think it's silly and a rather impressive move for the Club, and it's hell of a lot better than another Shattered Glass toy. Above all else, it's unique, creative, and clever, which are three concepts I haven't seen in the TFSS yet.

18. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Frankly, anyone who's part of the TFCC and doesn't want this guy... you could just give him to me. Cause I'd like him. Alot. :) 

This guy is silly beyond belief. And that's just the way I like it. I don't even care that they used the Dirgegun mold for this instead of the new Generations one. Frankly, using that would have meant an absurd amount of retooling to get this idea to work. And he's just fine the way he is, if the concept stuff we're seeing right now is to be believed.

Yeah, I'm not a TFCC member, but I totally want this guy. I love me a good Waspinator, and this guy certainly seems like an odd specimen of the species, to be sure.

19. HairyDawg

HairyDawg UGA - Go Dawgs!

My wife, who is generally quite accepting of my plastic addiction and doesn't say a word when I pretend the boxes showing up on our porch every week are for our boys, gave me crap about that name!

If anything this shows the folks at TFCC have a sense of humor!

20. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe I don't have a gutter mind but the first thing I think of when I hear Thrustinator is something related to the conehead seeker or something Terminator related. Maybe Thrust is going to make copies & Rob Sneider is in the same room. "Thrustinator, making copies!"