Threezero - Transformers: RoTB - DLX Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by iOnlyEatEnergon, Jul 12, 2023.

1. VVa

VVa If you don't Booyah back I want you dead.

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Head's the right size. The BBM OP skeleton just beefed him up.
    And the MDLX's gun is obscenely small for the DLX.

2. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

Haha. Yeah, it’s a bit small. Good to know on the head.
    No question though, for anyone on the fence because of how he looks in the movie - he looks way better than that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Believe me, I made several posts not shutting up about how much better the figure improved upon the actual CGI model. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

I’m tempted to get him because overall he’s way better than I thought he’d look compared to the CGI model, but I can’t get over that weird grey midsection that looks like megatron zapped him and took his armor bits.

I like everything else, but that midsection is just something I wished carried over from the BBM model to add a bit more color and filling.
    upload_2024-4-24_13-47-32.jpeg
    You don’t suppose there’s a market for 3D Printing specific parts for something like this? Knowing the stock percentage of Threezero’s products, this may be the best and last chance I may ever have to experiment.

• Like Like x 1
  5. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My copy was delayed to June from hasbro pulse, unfortunately

6. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wow. Classic Hasblow Pulse. :/

7. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    BOOYAH. Amazon pushed up the release of ROTB Prime to May 8th, with the original release being May 22nd!
    IMG_1042.jpeg IMG_1043.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
  9. OrionMagnus

OrionMagnus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    YouTube (Handle):
    Wait whaaa? Why???

10. Throway

Throway You'll never stop at one...

News Credits:
    I had my pre order for the December batch, and they kept pushing it back before canning it.

11. Trenton227

Trenton227 Well-Known Member

This is why I rarely try to pre-order from Amazon. They are notorious for canceling pre-orders.

12. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    We'll see in a week's time if Amazon decides to fuck my ass, too.

13. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Honestly not a clue what's going on with this guy's distribution at all. Wotafa recently uploaded a video of his tour around threezero HQ and they were drowning in shippers of this figure.

It's a shame there's been such a delay following Prime's release because it's right up there with their very best and if you've had any sort of experience with this gear, you're in for a real treat when he finally puts in an appearance. @VVa is spot on with his observations in how it deviates from the CGI in the good way. Only bugbear of mine now is the unmasked sculpt being disappointing, but I've got the stunning looking EMP head upgrade coming. I'll then be rearranging the collection and he'll be dominant within it.

Huge backlog of figures and photos to sort, looking forward to getting on top of it all.

14. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    From what I've researched, Amazon always got ThreeZero figures months after other TZ themselves. So, I'm somewhat confident it won't be canceled!

And the masked head sculpt did seem off, but personally, I'm gonna keep him unmasked and pretend he's the proper "evasion mode" Optimus. I just didn't like Optimus in ROTB. A shame.
    Also thanks for agreeing with my points.;) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Napalm

News Credits:
    That's a good shout, I like your thinking.

16. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks! My feelings regarding ROTB Optimus are too ranty for any one to really give a shit about, but the bottom line is the only way I can really enjoy this design is if I ignore the way he was in the movie and pretend he's the other guy. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Napalm

News Credits:
    Fair one. There was a decent story to be told with him there and as much as I enjoyed the film, the best parts of Prime definitely got left on the cutting room floor.

• Like Like x 1
  18. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Right there with ya. I also enjoy the film, and find it a lot of fun, but they really fumbled Optimus. They tried to do the arc AOE Optimus went through but forgot to give him a good reason to be the way he is, and made him unreasonably rude.

This is the first Optimus I genuinely don't think I can say I like. Even with the deleted scenes, it brings up more questions...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Napalm

News Credits:
    Y'know, if they had adapted the Transit scene to have it end with Prime being attacked by a covert agency, and conversation within the Autobot team let us know that this wasn't the first time - and that they had sustained injury/losses from these altercations - not only would it perfectly explain Prime's disdain for humans, it would also organically lead into the GI JOE cameo at the end.

Setting up both tension and excitement at the prospect of how their alliance would come together, as it's Cobra who are revealed to have been picking off the Autobots, utilising the tech of fallen Decepticon assassins..

The fuck do I know about easy wins for everyone though?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  20. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You're right on the mark! With the way the movie plays out, Optimus just seems like an old prick, going on to basically tell Bumblebee to shut up after he tries to defend his stance on humans. That's the last thing Bee heard before he died. That's awful.

But back to the Transit scene - even with its inclusion, and the way THAT played out. Optimus says "knowing the humans will hunt the last of the remaining Autobots, we remain hidden". WHY does he come to this conclusion? Has Bumblebee already told him about his experience on Earth, and Optimus already once before ignored the positive points Bee brought up? Fuck knows, they already didn't wanna tell us how Prime escaped Cybertron.

But right, your point about improving the scene would fix a lot of the issues with Prime's characterization.

It's crazy how millions of years fighting on Cybertron, he seemed very hopeful about finding Earth and congratulating Bumblebee on protecting the planet, but 7 years on Earth is what suddenly turns him into an angry prick.

Even the more aggressive Optimus Primes, such as TFP and Bayverse OPs, never got that grumpy after being stranded on Earth for years.

Plus, Optimus wanted to go home so damn bad but conveniently forgot that Cybertron is under complete Decepticon control, so his plan was go back, and get gunned down?? He got heavily nerfed from BBM and his crew of five Autobots struggled fighting 3 Cons in ROTB.

Oh, I'm...sorry. I said I wouldn't rant but I did...

• Like Like x 1