ThreeZero Shattered Glass Dlx Optimus Prime (Bumblebee) Limited edition

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by MrDipnSlip, Jul 24, 2020.

1. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

I'm getting really fucking sick of these scalpers.

2. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely disgraceful. I understand a reasonable up-charge but 250% is disgusting.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SeahawkSpeed

SeahawkSpeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    One of them is a comic shop too...

4. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    That would make an awesome backstory for a returning character instead of new ones just popping up out of nowhere. Him being put together from multiple robots would help explain maybe why he’d have multiple personalities too.

And as much as I like your idea, it’s unfortunate that we’re all expecting movie characters to be shallow. They’d never put that much story into a character.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Modulater 09

Modulater 09 Banned

I think the purple needs to be a little darker

6. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    I like this. Yeah it doesn’t make sense but so doesn’t transforming robots. Something like this could work in live action it just depends how you light and film it.

The same thing with flat nose semi’s. Sure they were pretty common place in the 70s and 80s but those original designs became iconic. You don’t mess with icons. You don’t radically change icons, or they no longer are the same thing. And I’m not beating the G1 only drum.

Things have to be updated and refreshed over time. But to the kids who played with those original versions, whether they moved on from the series as they got older or not, they would recognize Optimus Prime or Bumblebee or one of the others if they saw the likes of in the real world, they would recognize them as the mainstream audience in a film.

7. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

I\'m just curious who this was made for? Bayverse fans who are particular with getting color scheme right with the G1 names? 

8. GPA

GPA Active Member

Why ask this? The figure sold out pretty fast, and there are still many people who want it, so there is clearly a market for them. But to clarify, it's for collectors who appreciate the throw back to G1 Blitzwing because throw back colors are cool. Also series completionists and people who just like to have exclusives.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Looks amaze.  I wish he WAS these colors in the film to avoid all the Starscream confusion in the beginning.
    To think he also prob had a tank mode all that time.

10. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    The one in the movie looked better than this version imo but yeah, I do agree Blitzwing should have had his own design instead of a generic seeker body.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MehWave

MehWave Well-Known Member

So lemme get this straight ... a toy company managed to give this design the G1 color scheme in a way that looks inspired and appropriate ... But the producers and CGI folks who actually MADE the movie couldn\'t figure this out?

Guess I must just be confused.

12. Peacefather

Peacefather Munky not Trukk

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    They probably just wanted to make the jet have normal colors

13. Richard Hunslet

Richard Hunslet Active Member

I guess they made Blitzwing look like a borderline G1 Starscream-lookalike for the Bee-film just as fan-service, because originally there were no Cybertronian scenes and therefor no other Seekers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The original script, it WAS Starscream. Then they wanted to connect it to the Bayverse. But the scenes were already rendered.

15. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    How was it Starscream if we clearly saw him get disintegrated? Even the head and torso were disintegrated. I think it was just a fan service to have a Starscream lookalike

16. Peacefather

Peacefather Munky not Trukk

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    That's the point, they called him Blitzwing for that reason

17. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The big reason was broken continuity once they decided to link the story with Bay movies. Another big reason is the it didn't focus test well in the slightest.

That said, no where in the film is the character named. Maybe the credits but I'll have to look, it's been a while since I've watched it. But no where is the character's name spoken. Just toys.

In the end, after reshooting the entire beginning of the film, Burns and team were not training but on an active hunt for BB and this is also why the Humvees alreadt have anti cybertronian harpoons, they (Knight and writers) decided to reedit the film to leave it opened to a reboot.

So... first it WAS a reboot. Then it was a strict prequel. Last and final it was a soft reboot / soft prequel. Given all the rewrites and reshoots, I'm surprised it turned out to be a good movie. It IS a good movie.

But, yeah.... Blitzwing was originally supposed to be Starscream and they did am his CG shots and then changed the story :) 

18. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Dude, you are straight up confused. There has been absolutely no indication that this was a reboot first and then a prequel (and reboot later). This was a prequel first and reboot later. All of the CGI art—some of which started in 2017—indicate it was a prequel at beginning. I'm not sure where you got the idea it was a reboot. Blitzwing looks like the way he looks because they just wanted to have a character that homages G1 Starscream but without making him Starscream because you know, Bayverse Starscream looked completely different. The name Blitzwing is irrelevant. It's just a random name they chose out of a hat later on in production.

19. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My contacts at ILM say different. But, whatever.

20. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Yeah! Another shattered glass Optimus with wrong coloured head,hands legs and feet!:confused: