ThreeZero DLX Soundwave & Ravage (Bumblebee Movie)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Balzari, Dec 19, 2019.

1. DaveTheCave

DaveTheCave Well-Known Member

I'm in love with this figure. It's worth it. Though I do miss having a transformation, but not having to worry about parts breaking and how absolutely gorgeous and articulated he is makes up for it.

Couple more pics I took today.

IMG_20210421_140444.jpg

IMG_20210421_143541.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy Metasuchus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He looks phenomenal! If I can find him at a decent price, I’ll surely buy this.

3. Grimlock212

Grimlock212 Well-Known Member

I decided to go all-in on this line. Ordered Deluxe Soundwave, Deluxe Bumblebee, Deluxe Prime, deluxe Blitzwing, two Deluxe Goldbugs, two Deluxe Siege Nemesis Primes, Premium Bumblebee, Premium Optimus Prime, and the Premium Blitzwing all from Sideshow (except Nemesis who was pre-ordered on Amazon).

I am totally new to this line, so we’ll see how I like it when the arrive in a few days. The bulk of my collecting has been in Hot Toys recently, since I can’t just see spending the money Takara is asking for Masterpiece figures these days. ThreeZero offers way more bang for the buck for me and it’s a more “premium” product. Heck, Deluxe Prime costs less than the recent Masterpiece Prime, right? That’s nuts!

Hopefully I like these as much as I think I will based on the videos I’ve been watch on these pretty much non-stop for a week.

is there a good place to track new announcements/releases on these?

• Like Like x 1
  4. SeahawkSpeed

SeahawkSpeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Welcome to the carnival. I’ve got 2x of each Deluxe release, and Premium TLK Megs & OP. These are way better than Hot Toys, as far as quality is concerned (I am mainly an HT/MP collector now, and these are my favorite pieces in the collection).

This site and Threezero’s Facebook are the best to track releases and drops. Be weary of the super limited ones like G1 Blitzwing... if you aren’t up to date, it’ll drop and you won’t even know you missed it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Grimlock212

Cool, thanks for the tips. And yeah, I am tempted to go back and buy some of the past limited edition releases. I’ll wait until I get the regular versions in-hand prior to deciding that. Based on videos I’ve seen, I think Nemesis Prime would be the lowest priority because it seems that the dark paint scheme hides some of the details and I’m not sure it will stand out in a display. No doubt I’d want it as MSRP, but I’m not sold (yet) on paying scalper prices for it.

I’m not a fan of Bayverse, so I am not tempted to go back and buy any of the older Premium scale figures. That said, despite thinking Jetfire looks super dumb, I am slightly tempted to get that Jetpower Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SeahawkSpeed

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Funny, Nemesis was my highest priority. It’s the only one where I didn’t get him at MSRP. I got one on Pulse, and one on eBay China (during pre-release) for $350. I was the first person with it in hand, that wasn’t from China.

Yeah, the black loses some detail, but he still looks stellar. I have extra weapons from TW Freedom Leader, so I display him with two guns (looks sick, if I say so myself).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Grimlock212

Maybe I’ll have to reconsider Nemesis after reading your response. I only watch one YouTube video review of it (the guy who uses a very bright white background) and I had trouble really seeing the details. That said, I’ve always like the overall design, I just wasn’t sure it translated well to this ultra realistic design after seeing the video. The reviewer seemed to really like it in-hand though.

8. SeahawkSpeed

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    C1FA4ED1-6CDE-403F-8416-FB4174B10618.jpeg D6FCF1F7-CEAE-4081-9738-DD067AD15051.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Grimlock212

10. DaveTheCave

DaveTheCave Well-Known Member

Must be nice being rich. Must cost thousands.

Gotta let us know which of all those figures you like the best, maybe do a massive group shot

11. Grimlock212

Only opened the deluxe Bumblebee so far. The quality and feel reminds me of Soul of Chogokin, but with a different paint style and more complex joints. I’m not sure if TheeZero offers better articulation, but it offers a more realistic looking style in the joints. The joints are also tighter, and easier to hold a pose. So I’d say these are equal or better than SoC in every way, at leased based on deluxe Bee.

It will be interesting to compare the Premium Bee to a Soul of Chogokin DX figure which is their comparable line.

12. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy Metasuchus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I finally purchased this figure! It’s gonna arrive sometime tomorrow.
    I was gonna buy this on my birthday in about two weeks but the stock was decreasing so I placed the order immediately.
    Hope the figure doesn’t disappoint and have any QC issue.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Grimlock212

It definitely didn’t disappoint me when I opened mine last night! The weakest part of it is probably the Ravage figure. I wish they had just skipped the transformation gimmick (like they did with all the other figures!) and just make it better articulated/cooler looking. I also wish Ravage had light up eyes. Soundwave himself is great. It also has the best light up feature of the three ThreeZero Transformers I have so far. The red eyes are bright and visible from all angles.

I expect you’ll love yours. It isn’t perfect, but I’m very happy with mine.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Grimlock212

Slightly off topic, but I swear I’ve seen a Premium scale Soundwave prototype at a comic con or something like that somewhere on the Internet. Am I mis-remembering? I’d love an even bigger Soundwave.

15. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy Metasuchus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I see, I’m excited for mine to arrive! Early birthday gift to myself I guess haha. It’s gonna be my first ThreeZero figure!

I think you’re thinking about Prime 1 Studio Soundwave. I don’t think a premium version of Soundwave was announced by ThreeZero.
    30DB027F-BF62-4CEA-8C87-506F703930C1.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Grimlock212

I figured it out, I was thinking of the Toys Alliance 24” Soundwave. I guess people are suspecting it got cancelled.

• Like Like x 1
  17. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy Metasuchus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He arrived just now! Didn’t mess around with him yet but I’m liking how he feels in hand!
    The box is much bigger than I thought too haha
    167940AA-4A3E-466F-9B14-08A4D7681223.jpeg
    FC37A8E7-0D47-41C8-90DD-A94FCC6DCE6B.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  18. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy Metasuchus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    His pose-ability is amazing and all the joints are nice and tight. None of the joints are loose so far.
    The weight and feel of the figure is really nice as well. I don’t regret the purchase at all!
    E6EBAF8A-632F-45A2-95BE-FA547DCE657D.jpeg A69FA219-FAAA-4F05-828B-DE0C9CE315DB.jpeg
    9A808290-AECD-4D0F-B276-B72D6664DC55.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Grimlock212

Do you guys leave batteries in your figures? With Hot Toys I always display my figures with the batteries removed, but I feel like these 3A/ThreeZero figures kind of need the lights to look best. So, what are you guys doing?

And I assume nobody has figured out a super easy and cheap way to hard wire them? I’d love to have them power up on a smart plug. That’s how I have all my Detolfs set up. I know Hot Toys has Soap Reactors or whatever..lm hoping the is a cool solution for these robots.

20. SeahawkSpeed

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I leave them in, seems fine tbh.

• Like Like x 1