Threezero DLX ROTF Optimus and Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by sladeprime, Dec 18, 2020.

1. iOnlyEatEnergon

iOnlyEatEnergon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That DLX Prime is BOUGHT. Zero interest in Jetfire if they make him some combiner gimmick. I rather he be a proper fully articulated figure that's not hindered by combining with Prime.

Just make the parts separate or Jetfire Prime an entirely separate figure.

I really wish they would do another Decepticon from the Bee movie though. At least do a G1 Shockwave or Starscream or Shatter.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I wish i could understand what they're trying to say.
    Google translation from the Threezero post.

3. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Local assistant deity

News Credits:
    Oh damn, they're making a Jetfire? That's pretty sweet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. iOnlyEatEnergon

News Credits:
    Reading through it all and also what they commented in the comment section below, does indeed sound like they're trying to make it combine together. It sounds like they'll either have 2 versions or 1 version of Jetfire that separates and combines with Prime while also having other parts that will attach to him to complete it.

Really weird how they're going through the effort with this. How many people want to take apart a full Jetfire figure and then have to work with slapping it onto Prime? They could have save themselves the trouble and just done a Prime, Jetfire & Jetfire Prime figure on their own.

Cool to see it happen in terms of engineering but I'm not sure how many people will want to go through the effort of doing that with these $200 figures.

• Like Like x 8
  5. SeahawkSpeed

SeahawkSpeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    If this is indeed a separate Jetfire and Prime that combine, I will buy 3 units of each. 1 displayed separately, 1 combined, and my usual MOC copies.

6. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Hopefully it's just because of the camera angle, but Optimus' legs look way oversized compared to his torso in this image.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Fast as a Sharkticon

clearly this was intended to be an homage to dotm voyager prime

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  8. XBurner071

XBurner071 Burn Baby Burn!

News Credits:
    I'm confused about the translation so Prime is gonna be out this month or the next while Jetfire is Feb and are they going to combine or its an upgrade kit for Prime?

9. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is exactly why I could see getting doubles (or not considering the unknown price). The more recent stuff is better made than the early stuff, but I've changed out the arm on my original 3A Bumblebee exactly twice and it was rough enough that I'm scared to do it again. I've changed out the arm on deluxe bumblebee many times (they've made massive improvements), but the idea of that much trading out on figures like these doesn't like a fun thing I'd want to do more than a couple times.

10. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

Don't be so mad. It was the most corny of all the live action movies, and that's saying something. It also had absolutely terrible CG and every transformation cheated so bad I almost wish they had just done the TF4 cop out.

On a story level, it was a literal kids movie made for children, so I guess it gets a pass in that regard. If it didn't have such G1 fanwanking it would have been shit on just as much as the other movies rightly were.

We've had 4 characters from this movie so I think it's time they moved on to making some more designs from the other 5. They can always come back to it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, these are high quality action figures that can combine?

12. RVDA

RVDA Toy Designer.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, it's a cool engineering feat...but I'd rather have just separate figures. Especially when the paint finish is at a very real risk of scratching.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have never liked that Jetfire design. Didn't get the ROTF or the SS Jetfire for that same reason. Even as a combining toy, it just never looked right to me.

This Prime OTOH...if this stays close to the $200 mark that the other DLX figures have, I'll get him and that's probably going to be the last of the movie toys.

14. floriol

floriol Well-Known Member

I too would personally prefer the three figures to be made independently from each other with 100% screen accuracy for each instead of having compromises made to any of them because of that gimmick. We're buying Threezero for the accuracy to the movies. If I wanted something to play around with and combine I'd buy studio series.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto 8 Strings Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Selling my BMB prime. Holy shit, finally.

16. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I know it’s an early prototype but I found a couple pieces that are missing blue paint. I think this will make his lower legs look a lot better when corrected.

Edit. Also noticed that the blue bits just opposite those parts circled should be silver instead of blue.
    296C8A03-3E9B-4CF1-9797-A70DE7A840ED.jpeg

17. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd rather not have the gimmick. Neither of them are very accurate separated. Prime is suffering from the MPM's kicked in diaphragm firewall halves and his torso is undersized. Just gimme Powerup Prime as his own release. Jetfire can be his own release too.

• Like Like x 5
  18. MrJoshimusPrime

MrJoshimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it just me or does Optimus\'s feet look a little too big? 

• Like Like x 2
  19. AtomicLad

AtomicLad Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    To those more in the know. Do they do a "Premium" release for every DLX release? i.e. What are the chances this will get done with the diecast skeleton?

20. iOnlyEatEnergon

News Credits:
    The DLX figures already carry diecast parts. They're pretty damn heavy and solid. Their recent DLX release, Soundwave, weighs about 2.5 lbs.

As for their Premium line, it's hard to say what they're going to do. They don't do every single DLX figure into a Premium scale version. They did a DOTM Prime Premium scale already. It was one of their first Transformer figures alongside Bumblebee but at that time, they didn't have any diecast in them. They were all plastic and felt a bit flimsy.

I highly doubt that they're going to do a Premium scale Jetfire due to the scale and weight of having to hold a figure like that up. Which is why they're doing Jetfire Prime in their DLX format.

Based off of past releases, I think the best you're going to get is MAYBE a new Premium ROTF Prime. Prime and Bee is always your best bet when it comes to what character they're going to do. It's what they always fall back to.

• Like Like x 4