Threezero DLX ROTF Optimus and Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by sladeprime, Dec 18, 2020.

1. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cheating is what the VFX artists do to make these things transform in the movies.

• Like Like x 5
  2. XaxisGuy

XaxisGuy Metasuchus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Fair point, transformers are cool cause they transform. But in order to have a extremely accurate rendition of a character with great articulation, they have to compromise the transformation and I think it’s good to have an accurate figure with excellent poseability.

Can’t argue with that haha

• Like Like x 4
  3. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Impressive.  Man this takes me back to 2009.  Sadly, I\'m just not really into Transformers anymore.  I\'ve sold off almost all my collection, but looking at these reminds me of having the leader class Optimus Prime and Jetfire.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Well thats where we get into opinion territory. Anything can be "accurate" if it has no job to do other than look good. I would argue that part of the accuracy is pulling off the transformation. I always considered a Transformation something to draw me to the brand. Something to make me say this is way cooler than human type action figures. Its what drew me to the hobby in the first place.

5. iOnlyEatEnergon

iOnlyEatEnergon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As cool as transforming figures are, I personally think this applies to the cartoon/video game designs more so than the Bayformers. Their super complex designs just don't translate that well into actual transforming figures since the movie cheats their transformation. Just personal preference really. A lot of people are happy with the studio and MP line for the Bayformers.

Some of these third party companies out there have been killing it in that department but none of the official Hasbro stuff have been good enough for me. The masterpiece line has been good for the most part but they're still not as accurate due to needing to transform.

I just want high end figures of these cool robot mode Bayformer/Knightverse designs that are (for the most part) accurate, super detailed, nicely painted and really nicely articulated. Threezero fills that really well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  6. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Combined mode looks amazing, second only to the Prime1 statue. I’m just getting Prime though. I hope they tackle other first trilogy characters! Give me Starscream and Blackout in DLX style pleease

• Like Like x 3
  7. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

You’re almost never going to be able to get this level of detail or paint out of a Transformers figure. I’m not opposed to non-transforming figures because they offer something that regular Transforming figures don’t. Even the best masterpieces wouldn’t have this level of detail, proportions, or paint because they have to accommodate for transformations. Stuff like this is for the several people that don’t want that. I feel like the transformation gimmick can almost become too intrusive on many figures, so it’s nice that there’s an alternative for that.

• Like Like x 7
  8. ByLaw77

ByLaw77 Well-Known Member

Please say more about your grievances with non-transforming figures. Really, there is so much to discuss about transforming versus non-transforming figures that hasn't been said already, and we really need more of the "TRANSFORMURZ SHUUD TRANZFORRRMMM!!" crowd in the forums for non-transforming figures to make your voices heard. Otherwise, we are apt to lose track of the crucial details.

Seriously, it's all been said, man. We get it. If you and your kind ruled the Transformers universe, you would absolutely ban any kind of non-transforming Transformer figure as blasphemous heresy.

We absolutely promise that those of us who like badass-looking representations of characters with amazing articulation, paint, and shelf-presence will not ever try to take away your transforming figures. Hell, we may even like them ourselves. But when you've finally stopped your impotent whining about non-transforming figures, can you please turn off the lights and lock the door? The rest of us are tired of hearing you fart your way through yet another repeat of the same.....old.....diatribe.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers are amazing characters and while the gimmick of transforming is cool, the bonds we formed a lot of times are with the robots themselves. So, I love transforming figures but I will still gladly get an accurate non transforming figure because it's still that character. Also I am in my 40s and don't spend a lot of time transforming any of my transforming figures.

That being said, I am pretty torn on this one. I just don't like this particular take on Jetfire, and while the combined mode is awesome, I don't know it if's worth the $300.

• Like Like x 4
  10. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Happy mountaineer!

Instagram:
    Here we goes again...

From the creators of "I came to this thread to give my opinion but I don't give a sh*t of non-transformable figures" and his sequel "non-transformable Transformers aren't cool because they are action figures"... the all new episode on the franchise "I will never understand neither respect the existence of TF collectors that likes premium display figures" and the director's cut edition "I can't understand a premium accurate figure". :lol 

Damn, all the arguments I read lately... always the same story :lol  :lol 

I'm gonna join the club and I will be offended if Hot Toys launch an Iron Man that can't be collapsed into separated parts like Iron Man 2 o 3, or better, a nano suit collapsed in the chest triangle. :lol 

I have or had all the premium transformable figures of TF... and I'm glad to have ThreeZero figures too, because for me it's a pain to transform all my weak transformable premium figures like ToyWorld, UniqueToys, Black Apple... etc... and I respect those who like all kind of figures. Who cares anyway, collectors are collectors, if someone not likes ThreeZero figures is free to leave the thread and find "transformable threads" to talk about how amazing are the transformable figures (a matter that everyone knows here, in fact). Thanks. :lol 

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  11. DeadassMango

DeadassMango Well-Known Member

Always loved the combined Jetfire/Prime designs, always thought the rotf burger king toy was the best figure ever. But the only issue is...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. InfinityKitten

InfinityKitten Well-Known Member

What do you mean I can't wear my Hot Toys Iron Man??? What's the point of an Iron Man ARMOR if I can't wear it???

• Like Like x 5
  13. ByLaw77

ByLaw77 Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this one. The coolness of this is having Jetfire turn into a Blackbird, and then Prime's use of his corpse to fly to Egypt.

But as a character, having him transform into an old man? Transformers live for millions of years - how the hell did he age? And the result is not the Jetfire/Skyfire character at all.

I love Threezero and have a bunch of their stuff, but this is a hard pass for me.

NOW WHERE'S MY DLX-SCALE TLK PRIME ANNOUNCEMENT, HUH??!

• Like Like x 3
  14. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    But the film IS heavily animated, so----not technically wrong?

15. SeahawkSpeed

SeahawkSpeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    DLX TLK Prime announcement, and I’ll fly to Hong Kong to, personally, kiss Kim Fung Wong on the lips.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sovietbot

Sovietbot Autobot from USSR

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Screen-accurate*

Attached Files:

17. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The more I look at figures like this I can't help but feel completely at peace with the idea of doing away with transformation in order to not compromise the sculpt, however then I'm left slightly cold at the idea that a Transformer doesn't... well, transform. If it weren't for the price (understandable given what these are) I'd be all over these even without the ability to move from robot to something else.

18. SillyMcGilly

SillyMcGilly Well-Known Member

The fact that pieces of art like this can combine is phenomenal.

• Like Like x 4
  19. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Browsing/Not Buying

So by your "technical" definition, the Bayverse movies are cartoons...

[​IMG]

Okay, I'm not going to derail this thread with an ongoing semantic debate so I'll just leave this here:

A cartoon is a type of illustration, sometimes animated, typically in a NON-realistic or SEMI-realistic style.

20. floriol

floriol Well-Known Member

So the legs have been compromised as well. At least I know I won't need a second Jetfire to display by himself. The only reason I'm not that upset about it is because at first glance it seems that no compromises have been made to the actual Jetpower Prime which looks incredibly accurate (at least until we see the back too). Really impressive to think there are 2 figures in there and they still managed to make it look like it's an actual real-life CGI render.

Talk about giving credit; haven't seen anyone mention it but it looks like they also updated the colors on Prime which now seem to be deeper and glossier like on-screen.

All in all, while I appreciate the effort that went into engineering this, I would've been much happier having three separate and non-compromised figures. Even more so considering this could've been a ~ 350$ figure that way instead of almost 550$.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 3