Threezero 20th Anniversary Online Event WFC Siege Optimus Prime & Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Balzari, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Robbot

Robbot Well-Known Member

True its apples to oranges. I think some people are hung up on the idea that its a toy based on a toy, but they really shouldn't be, these to figures are nothing alike in terms of how they are going to feel to handle or play with. also nowhere close in price which is why my broke ass cant afford to get him, but if i could i would

• Like Like x 9
  2. maxxzander

maxxzander Well-Known Member

too bad its not show accurate coz it cannot transform and roll out. lol !!

• Like Like x 1
  3. maxxzander

maxxzander Well-Known Member

and most importantly, they can TRAAAAANSFORM!!!! substance over style

• Like Like x 1
  4. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Artist with a Temper

News Credits:
    "Cheap looking"

It's using that toy as a base sssooooo

• Like Like x 2
  5. iOnlyEatEnergon

iOnlyEatEnergon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You do know that design doesn't equal to how cheap something looks right...?

Detail, articulation and paint work between the two are in completely different leagues from one another.

One is $30 and looks cheap. It can transform but at the end of the day, it looks like any other $20-$30 Hasbro Transformer figure. It's unpainted red/white/blue plastic with some sloppy silver splashed on his chest.

It doesn't matter that the design between the two figures share the same base design. It's clear that Threezero's figure is a better looking Optimus in robot mode. You can whine and complain that it doesn't transform but that's not what ANY of their Transformer figures have ever been about.

What I meant with my original post is that people seem to be so mad and confused on why they made this figure when it's clear why.

It's a very nice looking War For Cybertron Optimus Prime in his robot mode that has insane articulation, paint work and a diecast frame. There are people who want that instead of your usual cheaper looking $30 Hasbro figure. This applies to their other DLX and Premium Transformer figures as well.

I have no interest in the War For Cybertron figures from any company but if I had to get one, I would rather Threezero's on my shelf in a cool pose than Hasbro's toy looking all awkward on display. It's just personal preference. I know people hate the non-transforming figures but there are a lot of people that really like them for being more detailed and articulation focused.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  6. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Except it isn’t more detailed, just Better painted. This thing even has the blast ports and seem lines man. All it is is better articulated, bigger, and has some fancy paint in it. It’s contractually made to look like the $30 toy. It’s such a poor attempt compared to their other work that it’s embarrassing.

5FE56CB8-B760-4DCA-9A4C-9A648D40D147.jpeg 63A583A0-022A-4ECF-9E75-55FE7FBDF09D.jpeg 9ACF869D-D2F9-4B01-9D47-CCDDD7E87988.jpeg 02308C9C-B548-4CA8-AE71-C4A37D6FBA09.jpeg

What this figure looks like is essentially like this example here. The exact same thing, just painted differently. Of course just with the differences mentioned above.
    63A583A0-022A-4ECF-9E75-55FE7FBDF09D.jpeg 8630FAFC-B21B-47EB-A458-E8631FF4C94C.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    It isn’t? Sculpted scar over the right eye, sculpted vents where the C.O.M.B.A.T. System-ports were on the original toys smokestacks, more sculpted battle damage, sharper sculpts (the sides of the hip-skirt for example) etc.

See, this is where I don't get your logic: The Bumblebee movie Prime figure from Hasbro is not the source material for ThreeZero's DLX Bumblebee movie Prime. The model from the movie is.

So the comparison you should make is how well the DLX Siege Prime replicates the look of its source material, which is the Netflix model or for simplicities sake, the Hasbro Siege Prime figure. And that's... what you're faulting it for? Being too accurate?

I also do not understand why you seem to think sculpting a highly detailed collectors figure with a highly articulated frame off of a mainline toy from Hasbro is easy? Like, it's not on oversized knockoff or anything; it’s a brand new figure that's modeled after another toy. They can't reuse even one single part.

• Like Like x 4
  8. InfinityKitten

InfinityKitten Well-Known Member

Even if it were easy there's nothing to be upset about here. @octobotimus it's clear that you don't like the idea behind the figure, but that's all there is to it. It's not a poor attempt, there's nothing embarrassing about it, and it sure as hell has nothing to do with swindling people of their money.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I'm betting that the forearm kibble can be popped off to be flipped around or left off entirely. Same with the backpack as I don't see 3Zero shipping this thing with that flap attached to his back. I honestly kinda like it on there.

Really looking forward to the 24th to see more images of this guy and Megatron. Hopefully the show is as good as the WFC toyline has been. I'm not collecting them but I have picked up a couple that I thought were cool. My fingers are crossed for the DLX ROTF Jetpower Prime reveal as well but I'm not holding my breath.

10. Scar04c

Scar04c Big Game Hunter

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Is the 24th confirmed for more shorts of it and/or Megatron? I must've missed that new along the way, haha.

Anyway, to throw my opinion in:
    I like the kibble, too. I think that kibble can make the figures look more like they actually transform (not that this one does) which is cool. Instead of going from a clean truck to a clean robot, there's pieces that show "hey, he's also a truck don't forget" which I really dig.

I have some other ThreeZero stuff (not Transformers yet but I'm gonna go in on the DLX line) and they do a great job. I have HotToys as well, and figures like this have an audience. I'm sure there are a ton of Transformers fans out there who want something in this size range to go with other 30/HT or statues they collect that don't want a literal toy on the shelf and don't even care about it transforming.

I still collect regular Transformers. Hell, I've gotten way back into it lately. But I have a kid now and so anytime I go on a collecting spree I always think "when do I stop collecting these for me and move into doing it for her?" you know? I know I'll pass my figures down and let them play with whatever they want - they're toys. But stuff like THIS, that ThreeZero is doing? This gives me a more permanent collecting avenue to go down. Stuff that looks just like a comic/show/movie representation is perfect for that because people see it and go "oh, is that Netflix Prime? Awesome".

So yeah, I'm in.

• Like Like x 3
  11. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    I have a few DLX and plan to get Soundwave. Not really sure what to feel about this. It looks perfect, but I have no affection for WFC Prime. Haven't seen the cartoon yet, and the design is just a weird G1 Prime that isn't "G1 enough" to appeal to Geewunners. Megatron has my interest, but without extra details, it won't fit with the Bumblebee Dlx figures, so I can't use it really. These are just too expensive to casually toss money at, however it makes me wish they would do more in the Bumblebee/G1 series than what was in the movie. I'd love to see more hyper realistic transformers figurines.

12. Scar04c

Scar04c Big Game Hunter

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm hoping that this WFC sub-line is popular enough that they consider doing other shows/inspiration. Imagining a lineup like this for IDW or G1 or Prime is awesome. Would love to see more "non-transforming but exactly like the source material" figures.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was just thinking yesterday about how absolutely F'ing glorious a ThreeA TFPrime line would be. ooooooooh they could take all my monies.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Scar04c

Scar04c Big Game Hunter

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Maybe if the Prime figures in the RED line do well...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like they'll do well. The most excitement was for Arcee and Knockout. I know I'm getting any TFPrime in the RED line.

• Like Like x 5
  16. iOnlyEatEnergon

iOnlyEatEnergon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro x Threezero Presents Transformers: War For Cybertron Trilogy – DLX Optimus Prime will be available for pre-order at https://www.threezerohk.com on July 24th, 9am HKT!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 19
  17. SeahawkSpeed

SeahawkSpeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Isn’t 9 AM in HK now?

18. SeahawkSpeed

SeahawkSpeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Self-reply, they said 9 AM on the 24th (21st was a typo).

• Like Like x 2
  19. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Very cool

20. RVDA

RVDA Toy Designer.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think that what personally frustrates me the most about this is that it's a really cool figure of a very poor artistic decision made outside of their control. It still looks absolutely incredible, but that just makes me wish they had a more interesting canvas to play with.

• Like Like x 11