Threezero 20th Anniversary Online Event WFC Siege Optimus Prime & Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Balzari, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Balzari

Balzari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FB_IMG_1594630959755.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Aren't those silhouettes of the Hasbro Siege figures?

• Like Like x 2
  3. iOnlyEatEnergon

iOnlyEatEnergon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Teased for their upcoming 20th Anniversary event. You can see both Optimus Prime and Megatron's silhouette in the teaser image below. It matches their design from the new Netflix show.

I imagine this will launch under their DLX line and will be similar to what they did with the movie-verse figures. Highly detailed and articulated but no transformation. Or these two might be for their premium line but I feel it makes more sense for these to be DLX.

We'll know more when they're officially shown off next week. I will update this post later on as they are revealed.

Official statement from Threezero:

In order to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of threezero. We have prepared some exclusive products and spot for our fans during Jul 24-31. We will also display some new samples at threezero 20th Annivesery Online event.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  4. Powerbomb

Powerbomb Nearly done?

To quote Rattrap:

"WHHHYYYY"?

• Like Like x 4
  5. Scar04c

Scar04c Big Game Hunter

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Considering the Hasbro ones are already pretty spot on, this does have me wondering why...but we'll see how they look. If they expand the line it would be cool, kinda sucks always only getting the top dogs from ThreeZero.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The cool thing about the Threezero figures is that you'll get the best representation of an on screen design. However, that doesn't work here as the show designs are already literal representations of their toy counterparts. Pegs and extra kibble is not something I want to see on my $200 non-transformable figure (not that I wanted to see it on the on-screen designs either).

Because the top dogs sell. I remember BB movie Prime sold out multiple times when the pre-orders opened.

• Like Like x 11
  7. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

id rather see cyberverse stuff

• Like Like x 2
  8. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm I'm interested to see

9. Scar04c

Scar04c Big Game Hunter

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Oh, for sure. And I'm pretty sure the US isn't their primary market and from what I remember Asian markets are pretty cool with buying the leaders/main bots all the time. Just from a personal side I'd be interested seeing this grow out, though like you mentioned it does seem odd doing WFC since the cartoon is already based exactly on the figures we have.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DarkRed401

threezero does a good job with their figures but i hate that hasbro went with the toy files for the show because these guy would look awesome if they went with the designs from the box art and tcg. unless hasbro allowed threezero to make these essentially over sized siege figs capable of transformation i just dont see a reason to buy these over the netflix siege line

• Like Like x 8
  11. Scar04c

Scar04c Big Game Hunter

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Maybe the ThreeZero figures are based on the art, and we'll somehow have figures that are less accurate to the show but more accurate to source material? I'd be alright with that.

12. DarkRed401

maybe but i think the silhouettes are the figure since the fists seem noticeable more pronounced, and megs sword is much sharper

13. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So... a $200 figure of a design based on a $30 toy?

I'll also go with "why."

• Like Like x 11
  14. Balzari

Balzari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read somewhere that Threezero aren't allowed to make "Transformers" figures that can transform.

15. DarkRed401

Yeah it's unlikely I think they only allow themselves and takara to design transforming stuff now which I find dumb. It could be possible that hasbro would allow these to transform since the show models are the same as the toys and it would essentially be three zero upscaling the official figures with new features rather than them designing their own tfs. It's still incredibly unlikely but I threw the idea out there because I feel these aren't going to sell that well and that's one idea that could help sales. I feel bad for Threezero because they most likely are going to flop, the dlx movie figures did pretty well because transforning figures can only be so accurate but since the Netflix show uses the toy models the Walmart line is essentially just as accurate but $100-150 cheaper

16. sladeprime

sladeprime MS Paint Transformer artist

News Credits:
    I'm not even fan of non live action Transformers. But I'll get Siege's Jetfire if ever they make him. He's just to good looking

17. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :thumb  to Operative294 New Images of 3A Nemesis Prime

Login • Instagram

18. Scar04c

Scar04c Big Game Hunter

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    True. Just seems weird that we’d have a bigger scale version of figures that are debatable more accurate since ThreeZero so far has fit a pretty good niche. This doesn’t seem to line up at all.

I forget the source since it’s been so long, but what I’ve always heard is that only Hasbro/TT are allowed to make transforming Transformers, period. They never license out for transforming figures, that’s why all the officially licensed toys are bot-mode only or even vehicle mode only.

19. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    Looks like Siege meg and prine are getting their TZA figures.

20. DarkRed401

the threezero figures are definitely something that confuses me. perhaps since the show designs are nearly 1:1 with the toys hastak found no point in an eventual mp series so they allowed threezero to make premium versions of the siege toys still capable of transformation. i know i keep trying to find a way that hastak's may have allowed threezero to make these transformable and that it's very unlikely given hastak's general attitude towards other companies making transforming figures but i just fail to see a market for non transforming versions of these designs and genuinely believe they'll probably flop if so

• Like Like x 5