three of the movie cars seen in Acton, CA

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Psychrome86, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

While traveling NW on the 14 near Acton I saw a semi carting the camaros and ironide the other direction. I can't think of why they would be coming from the middle of nowhere. maybe from palmdale but it's still the middle of nowhere. any ideas?

ps. that was extremely cool...

2. PunkMaister

PunkMaister Well-Known Member

Well given the fact that the film has already been shot and is now being edited and so on. The props used in the film and cars etc. are probably being carted to be auctioned at some latter date...

3. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    i misread the title, I thoughtyou said ACTION.. but you said Acton :p 

4. Geluidsgolf

Geluidsgolf Well-Known Member

Why don't they put those "Props" into somekind of Movie museum, where everybody can see them for what they are, Movie History.

For instance

Last year I was in Paris at Planet Hollywood , to my astonishment they had the two Robot Jox models( the Real Props from the 1989 movie) open for grabs next to the Air America Cockpit Prop.

My point is, why would they put those cars up for auction, they should be protected as Movie Heritage.

5. PunkMaister

In an ideal world movie props would end up like that but the Hollywood studios are interested primarily in milking as much money as they can off their productions and auctioning props does give them extra revenue. Hopefully those that end up buying them will donate them to such a museum instead of ending up in someone's private collection but I would not hold my breath for that too happen...

6. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It’s also possible they could be doing pick up shots or re-shoots. Even some sort of promotional stuff.

7. PunkMaister

Officially the movie has already been filmed and is now on the editing process so unless this information somehow and inexplicably change re-shooting scenes again is higly doubtful...

8. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    promotional stuff, defnitely.. those cars will be in ALOT of places over the next few months

9. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m not saying I have any inside info but some times last minuet shooting is done to correct mistakes or punch up a scene or what have you. Also with that story about them pulling an R one could conceive that they might want to re-shoot some stuff to get it down to PG-13.

Or they could be doing advertising. One would think there would be a big cross promotional campaign with GM coming up. My point is there are lots of possibilities.

10. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Because the people making the movie are there to make money. No money in giving them to a museum. Although, if someone wanted to, they could buy them and put them in a museum. If I was making the movie, no way in hell I would just GIVE them to anyone. Have to recoup cost.

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'm also assuming that those cars will probably remain Paramount property right up until the final days before releasing the film. Directors are mighty cautious about making sure they've got everything necessary to filming a reshoot of particular scenes; I can't see the production company just deciding to up and auction these guys off outright.

12. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Id put my money that they are going into storgae most likley. Shia did say he will have to start toning out for a sequel so I only guess some of the props will go to storage.

13. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oftentimes, the editing process is where you find out if you need to shoot any additional/alternate material.

14. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i guess it could really be any number of everyone's ideas. but i don't think that they will be being auctioned. it's more than likely that there will be sequels, and that they will have the same forms. but they could have upgrades in the sequels too, so maybe they will sell them right before the film is released.

15. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They could also be heading to a show. As a promotion for the movie. I'd like to think that a couple of them could make their way to Botcon this year to wow the fans.

Tho, as far as the '70's Bumblebee, I don't think they're going to use it in a sequel since that'd be a step back for the character. (unless it was in a flashback)

16. PunkMaister

Well I do know Hollywood does not store props for latter use after the movies for whic they are made have been released. They ussually end up either being auctioned or being thrown into a nameless scrap heap somewhere. But one thing that people are right is that any auctions will probably take place only with or after the movie's release.

17. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That would be awesome if they auctioned off all the vehicles. I'd have to gather funds to purchase one of the Optimus Primes. Imagine driving THAT mofo to school...
    Not that it will ever happen

18. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Well-Known Member

Definately. It's unfortunate but a lot of studio's don't give a damn about preserving the craftsmanship of the prop and model makers.

One chilling example is what happened to the original Battlestar Galactica miniature. In order to hang it on display in the gift shop of Universal Studios Orlando, they haphazardly wrapped some wire around the metal tube at its core, never bothering to take it down for maintainence and eventually shorting out the lighting. Then they put it in storage in a bad position for years causing one of its landing bays to break in half and the engine block to collapse.

So if they are going to auction the prop autos, I'd say they are far better off in the hands of someone who was willing to pay so much to get them and thus has a vested interest in keeping them properly.

19. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Figured I'd point out that museums pay for things. Some stuff is donated but most of it is payed for....

Also, why on earth would they be selling these (especially prime...bumblebee would be easy to make again) when they are planning on sequels...