Thread for speculation on IDW Collection hardcovers

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Danforth, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope the Joe/ROM/Micronauts/Action Man series are eventually collected in HC form though.

2. KylewithaC

KylewithaC Well-Known Member

Does anybody no if phase 1 vol 6 (bumblebee cover) will ever become available again? There was one copy on amazon for almost a year priced at 150$ and some on eBay. I have an order via penguin random house but its been back ordered since last April. Am I really going to have to resort to inflated used prices? I figured prints were limited because they stopped printing because they were shelf warming, but now you can't find it. Is printing delayed because of the pandemic or have any of you heard that they will not print anymore copies?

Do I need to jump on all the volumes following this one because they are stopping the printing for the rest as well?

3. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    The preorder is sold out but BBTS says they will have copies in February (hey they got a week). So there’s has to be some additional printings of the IDW books hitting the direct market. I manage to snag vol 6 from somewhere. Doesn’t hurt to try smaller comic shops that are doing online orders. also some places do wish lists like midtown comics or instocktrades and will notify you if a book is back in stock.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KylewithaC

I have checked every place local and no one has them. So crazy I would not think out of all the things to collect that would be a tough one

5. gdg104198

Instagram:
    that one does seem to be scarce now. Later volumes often have that problem unfortunately. i got mine back in August from instock.com and they are now sold put of them.

Could always buy in bulk and sell 24 of them at cover price...

Transformers: The IDW Collection Volume 6

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  6. KylewithaC

I should have done that with the first stimulus check haha. I didn't even think of that nor have I seen that site! Good to know for later

7. Primal Consequence

Primal Consequence Active Member

Thanks to all for the direction on sourcing TF IDW collection HC comics from BBTS. I had just started and only had Vols 1,2 and 8. Managed to order Vols 3 and 5.

Much appreciated

8. KylewithaC

cheap graphic novels is a good site too

• Like Like x 1
  9. Primal Consequence

Thank you, I’ll check that one out as well

10. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Anyone else get phase 2 volume 12 and notice that the paper is thinner than in past volumes and not quite as glossy? It's still quality paper, but noticeably not as thick. I wonder why the change?

11. JustAnotherCassette

JustAnotherCassette Lurker no more

I haven’t gotten that one yet so I haven’t seen it for myself, but based on your description the immediate answer that jumps to mind would be “cost-cutting”...

• Like Like x 2
  12. KylewithaC

My orders from penguin random house for IDW collections vol 6 & 7 phase 1 have been on back order for almost a year. They just canceled them. I’m starting to think I will not be able to complete phase 1 without paying at least double for each volume....

13. gdg104198

Instagram:
    maybe wait a year and see if another printing happens . graphic novel sales increased during the pandemic so a lot of stuff went out of print in the past 6 months (half of my instock wishlist is out of print). idw likes these hardcover books (pretty much the main format for their current Transformers reboot) and they are consistent sellers. I can’t see them keeping phase 1 out of print for too long when they are starting up the phase 3 books next fall.

14. KylewithaC

I like the optimism. I think you are correct. Hopefully the phase 3 sales are followed by an uptick in phase two sales and it motivates another run of phase 1.

15. Primal Consequence

I recently started acquiring the IDW phase 1 series, I’ll be keen for some reprints. Just need 4,6 and 7.

• Like Like x 1
  16. gdg104198

Instagram:

Phase 2 HC books are selling out. so sales are good. Graphic novel sales are up in general and theres a Transformers movie coming out next year so IDW would probably want to keep as much stuff as possible in print.

BTW these books were relatively easy to find (and frequently on sale) before War for Cybertron hit Netflix. There’s been a sudden spike in demand after that show premiered.​

17. KylewithaC