Thoughts on Rescue Bots

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ErbFan28, Jan 5, 2013.

?

Your thoughts on Rescue Bots

1. I love it!

44.9%
  2. It's good.

22.4%
  3. It's okay.

20.4%
  4. I don't like it.

4.1%
  5. I've never watched it

8.2%
  1. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just started watching it in Netflix. It's a pretty good series. I would almost say it's more enjoyable than Prime. I plan on watching the rest of season 1 when I get a chance.

2. NeverDoubt

NeverDoubt Well-Known Member

I do enjoy Rescue Bots more than Prime, it's just more lighthearted and fun. Sometimes simple yet charming is the way to go. :D 

No offense to Prime though; it just depends on what you're looking for in a series.

3. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

It's okay, a good series to get young kids into Transformers.

4. NeverDoubt

NeverDoubt Well-Known Member

Yeah I admit Rescue Bots is kinda the Transformers equivalent of Muppet Babies. My friend and I kept jokingly referring to it as Baby Bots, lol. But not in a bad way, Muppet Babies was actually a good kid's show ;D

5. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    I really like the series, more than Prime. I think it has great characters in both the humans and the bots, the stories are fun, and it's a refreshing take on Transformers as it avoids the war that every other series is about. Patiently waiting for season 2 :D 

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I've never watched it. I think I've only ever seen one or two figures in stores anyway.

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    A series that actually knows how to have fun? Isn't completely stuffed with "OMGOPTIMUANDBUMBLEBEEGUISE!"? Has a great voice cast? Knows how to have fun? Has a relatively new concept and isn't an exact copy of what came before? Likeable characters that are interesting, fun to watch and aren't total bores or a-holes? An interesting villain - and a human one at that? KNOWS HOW TO HAVE FUN?

Yeah, I'd say that I enjoy it at least a little.

8. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 This is noise

These are reasons to love rescuebots plus it has camo episodes

9. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

It's alright. Something about it just seems a little off to me though. May e it's the whole "giant robots doing every day human tasks" thing. It works out sometimes, like when they are camping and have to find essentials, but other times, like when the're fishing with human-sized fishing rods on a boat barely bigger than them, it's just off the mark.

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Considering it's target audience, it is a pretty sensible show with likable characters that aren't too over the top. Despite the show being about a rescue service, it worked in a reoccuring villain that was even built up to. And of course, it's about an unexplored concept for Transformers.

So all the facts add up to say it is a very good show, considering what their aiming to do. However, my personal taste brings it down to merely OK for me. I like the show but unless an ongoing war starts between them and Dr. Morocco, it'll never be one of my favorites.

11. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    :lol  I love this post.

On-topic: I used to hate it, but now I love it. Weird how life can be?

12. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Though I lost interest in RB (thanks to James Roberts :D ), I still prefer it to Prime.

13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    I've loved Rescue Bots from the first episode....really ready for them to return. SOOOOON!!!!!!(hint, hint)

14. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Love the show,

just wish the toy line was a little bit better,
    only reason i kept watching the show at first was because Steve Blum is a VA in it.
    Its like hearing Spike or Roger smith in a transformer.

15. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

best tv show in years imo

16. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    i didn't much care for the show, just not my cup o tea. I actually do prefer prime to it. that said it is an interesting idea. I'd like to see the RB cast make a brief cameo in Prime, maybe see toys of the RB cast in the Prime Line.

17. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Thoughts on Rescue Bots?
    Oh, you know, just that IT'S THE BEST THING EVER.

It's just so much fun, the characters are just full of personality and development, the episodes are just plain fun, I like all of the human characters, and we've had a fantastic human villain who with just 4 episodes is a far more interesting and entertaining villain than TFP Megatron ever bloody was. The only nick-picks I do have is the needless attempts to shove it into the aligned continuity by have Optimus and Ruddy Bumblebee show up when they reeeeeallly aren't needed at all

18. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    It's a lot more fun that TFP at least - mostly because it doesn't attempt to be SUPR SRS BRAH all the time.

Oh yeah and Dr. Morocco is amazing.

19. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

There were no needless attempts - it was designed to be part of Aligned, and more specifically the exact same continuity as Prime, from the start.

20. Morbo

Morbo Knowledge Brings Fear

The Rescue Bots wave 1 assortment says otherwise.

My opinion is in a large part based that I have a two-and-a-half-year-old son, but Rescue Bots is absolutely great. RB Optimus is currently his favorite toy (Yay!), he has a Boulder and Heatwave (and can transform them all), and loves watching the show.

It's also great for me to watch, and doesn't take itself as seriously as Prime, which can be a drag. It relies on character issues for plots instead of just generic macguffins, which may be a first for TF fiction.

And my wife prefers it because the plots more about helping people than smashing enemies. It's already hard enough convincing a 2-year-old that he (and by extension, his toys) shouldn't punch everything in sight when he's excited.

So yeah, for me and my family right now, its about the best Transformers fiction possible.