Thoughts on having doubles (sometimes triples) of a toy.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by e3nine, Feb 25, 2010.

1. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have a few duplicate figures but not many. Some of them are just by coinsidence because I bought a lot of figures and it may have some stuff I already have, but the price is just to good to pass up. I will be buying two Animated Arcees' if I ever see them just to keep one MISB.

2. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I've often thought about having two/three of each figure. One in package, one in robot mode, and one in alt mode. But probably too expensive to do that, especially for some of the rare ones. Plus, not much room available at the moment.

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I'm starting to get rid of my multiples. I get them because Hasbro will release a better version every time. Movie Bumblebees? Regular, Battle Damage, Premium, ROTF.... Now I just customize them first and then sell them. I would rather not get multiples though.

4. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Me, I'd love to have multiples of some toys. G1 Scourge, G1 Cyclonus (or Classics Cyclonus, for that matter), the Insecticons, the Classics Seeker mold to name a few. Why? The Sweeps, Cyclonus' Armada, the Insecticlones, and the endless parade of generic Seekers. An army. A lot of Scrapmetals and Energon Insecticons too.

5. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I have an extra set of Target purple Shockwave and Bumble, mainly because it was only $5.

Personally I spent money to get different toys to play with and display, but i've seen many other's collections pics of impressive clone army.

6. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

As far as Transformers are concerned, I've only intentionally purchased multiples of Classics Acid Storm and ROTF Dirge. I just really like their decos and think they make great troop builders.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Other lines are a completely different story, though. I went crazy for Crimson Guard and Cobra troops from the 25th G.I. Joe line. Recently, I've purchased a few Borg figures from Star Trek The Next Generation and intend on picking up enough to give me at least 10 total.

7. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

There's a few bots I have two of and a couple I have three of. If the toys is cool enough-I'm all for it.

8. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I mostly have doubles of my favorites, but an ideal collection for me would be 3 of each figure, one to open and display in bot mode, another to open and display in alt mode and the third one to keep unopened. :) 

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^100% this! ;) 

So far the only figures I have multiples of (2 max) are the Ehobby exclusives that are out:-

Gentei Dark Skyfire x2
    Ehobby Convoy Black Ver. x2
    Nucleon Quest Super Convoy x2!!

:D