Thoughts on Cityspeakers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rapidfirestormer, Nov 24, 2020.

1. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Windblade needs to be smashed under Trypticons foot.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    100%.

I think they wanted a reason to have a new character instantly become part of the status que and they brainstormed all the reasons to be a "chosen one" and some one a few nights earlier had watched Iron Giant and a light blub went off.

3. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Yeah... I guess Cityspeakers would work best as Moderators or something... it doesn't help that Windblade lacks a rival who as similar powers to her, and could even prove to be really good at the Cityspeaking ability, maybe even better.

4. Rapidfirestormer

Rapidfirestormer Not Even Remotely Dorky

When you say rival, do you mean a Decepticon Cityspeaker or another Autobot Cityspeaker competing for the position?

5. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Both would prove to lead to interesting ideas. For a example of a Decepticon Cityspeaker, i could see a Decepticon serving a Warden for Trypticon, if Trypticon was re-imagined/repurposed as a high-security prison ala Animated Trypticon. A Decepticon Warden who would likely be supported on the added muscle thanks Brunt, Wipe-out, Fult-tilt & the like. As him serving as the leader of said group thanks to his/her smarts and know-how of Trypticon inside and out. Along with the added factor of being a Cityspeaker.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

That idea is too good to not be used.

7. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 Who The Hell Do You Think I Am?

YouTube (Legacy):
    Nah, nah, just toss the whole thing out, it's dumb.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

They can't toss the whole thing out. Her being a telepath won the poll vote so I think they have to incorporate it some how. But it does not need to be in the form of her being a City Speaker, that's made up nonsense.

9. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    It's unnecessary. Metroplex and Trypticon have Scamper and Full-Tilt to communicate for them. Fort Max and Scorponok can detach their heads to communicate optic-to-optic. And even without the normal-sized avatars/modules they were still able to communicate with their smaller comrades easily.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

That is another point I want to address. If they really want to keep the City Speaker thing why not using characters who ALREADY EXIST to be their City Speakers. Give Scamper and Full-Tilt something to do since right now they kind of just feel like toy only characters. Do they even show up in fiction?

The headmasters also have literal guys with their own faces on their backs which also make better options as City Speakers... if they would stop making the Headmasters speak without their heads attached... that's kinda creepy and I don't know where the voices are coming from. Please stop it.

But there's still no reason for Windblade specifically to be a City Speaker. She's not associated with any city like those other characters are. She just is a City Speaker just in general. Why? Did she use to have a city that got killed/destroyed? What happened to it? They keep saying she's from Caminus despite Kaon willing the poll for her origin, was Kaon her city before the war? Kaon was one of the first cities to fall under Decepticon control when the war started. Did they kill the Titan Windblade was assigned to protect when they took over the city? Why don't they explain any of her backstory. We're just suppose to accept that she has these powers just because? And they can't even properly explain what these powers do or what their purpose is. She just seems to do shit that anyone could do for no reason.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 Who The Hell Do You Think I Am?

YouTube (Legacy):
    See, this is a better idea than whatever the hell IDW did.

12. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've always enjoyed the idea of a revamped version of Gigantion where the City Speakers are exactly as you say, the companion robots and associated smaller variants for the giant guys. Full-Tilt and Brunt for Trypticon, Scamper and Sixgun for Metroplex, Zarak and Fasttrack for Scorponok, Cerebros and Cog for Fort Max, Omega Spreem for Omega Supreme, and so on. The planet is made up of layers upon layers of dormant Titans, and these Cityspeakers are essentially the religious heads of the planet.

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

See that would be better than whatever the hell Windblade is suppose to be doing.

14. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

I personally re-imagined the "Cityspeaker" concept in the context of Cybertron/Colonies being covered in mechanical cities with citywide computer systems and a vast datanet. That they're basically the "administrators", or maybe "moderators" who interface with the actual systems of Cybertronian cities, maintaining them and determining problems that need to be dealt with and things that need to be fixed, sort of taking manual control when the automatic programs and systems aren't enough. They just happen to be capable of interfacing with Titans, too, but Titans don't necessarily need them to communicate on their behalf. The companion robots for guys like Metroplex and Trypticon should logically serve this type of function.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    I prefer when the Cityformers were purely technological and not TechnoTheocratic.

16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I don't even know what that means but I still agree with you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

GalaxyQuest.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  18. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    ;)  You know what I mean! Aaaaaaaaand, not even hating on Windblade. I like how she was portrayed as Nijika's little sis in Legends.

19. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

By the way, does Optimus from FOC count as a cityspeaker since Metroplex only woke up because Optimus told him to?

20. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

You know what, that made me laugh so much now I actually want them to get Sigourney Weaver to play Windblade in a live action movie but they have to include that line in reference to her City Speaker ability.

I can just picture it now. The Autobots on board Fortress Maximus in his "Space Ship mode" because that's a thing apparently... Windblade keeps repeating all of Fort Max's dialog even though all the Autobots can hear everything he's saying. Then half way through the movie someone asks "Hey Windblade, you know we can all hear him right? Why do you keep doing that?"

Windblade: I'm a City Speaker. (Pause for comedic timing.) I have one job on this lousy ship, it's stupid but I'm going to do it! Okay?

Fortress Maximus: Did she just call me a lousy ship?

Bonus points if we can also get the rest of the Galaxy Quest cast to play other Autobots... in fact can we get Tim Allen as Fort Max?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1