Thoughts on Age of Extinction?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Galvatross

Galvatross Mask-free zone Veteran

It would be progress if you could finally recognize that the people who have different opinions than your subjective opinions have perfectly valid reasons for thinking the way they do.

• Like Like x 15
  2. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What an asinine statement lmao I never said anything about the film being good or bad. I used the term “almost” simply as a catch all and because I was focusing simply on Prime saving Cade and being pissed because of their predicament. Try not to push your views and opinions unto others for once.

Like come on that leap isn’t even logical to make. Do you read over what you type?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  3. SuperSunnyDee

SuperSunnyDee Sense is like cheesecake.

I have mixed feelings on this movie. It’s a very distant third place behind the first live action film and Bumblebee for me.
    • I liked Cade more than Sam.
    • I like Lockdown and thought he was just cool.
    • As a fan, I do feel for these characters because of supplemental material and merchandise I’d garnered since then. So Ratchet dying and Autobots being killed and marginalized by the people they protected hit home for me.
    • New cast of Autobots were fun and more colorful this time around so I appreciated that.
    • The final battle is crazy. Optimus riding Grimlock into battle is such an outrageous visual I’m surprised didn’t really exist before this, and Hound vs the KSI drones was such a fun fight.
    • Music was great.
    I enjoy the film to an extent but I really have to be in the mood to watch it all the way through. I recognize many of its flaws and had my fair share of rants about a lot them. Particularly with the many retcons, rehashes of old plot structures, and questionable characterization of Optimus Prime. Still I’m surprised how badly this film is received in some circles. I feel like if you enjoyed or tolerated the three films before this one, you’d like this one fine. But I suppose it could also be the straw that breaks the camels back.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    ...do you really want to go down this road? After what happened when you broke rule 3, what you accused me of, and then desperately tried to walk it back after deleting that post?

Don't come in here with your ego saying 'perfectly valid reasons' after what you said to me.

• Like Like x 3
  5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Anger? Maybe. Actions? Definitely not. Honestly even the anger is hard to justify, because Prime was an idiot and brought almost all his problems on himself. If he had sought an embassy, or went to the media, rather than stupidly tell all his Autobots to go into hiding where they could be easily hunted down one-by-one, they wouldn't have been slaughtered. On top of that, as soon as he had evidence of the crimes of KSI, he should have immediately gone public. AOE makes it clear that at least the president, and possibly the greater population, know that the Autobots are allies. Even most of KSI is unaware that the Transformers they've been melting down are Autobots, rather than Decepticons. It was clearly a secret, and even if it wasn't there's a metric shitload of laws against murdering and mulching sapient beings on home soil. It's a miracle Cemetery Wind managed to keep it covered up, but that's what happens when the Transformers are treated like props and not intelligent beings capable of deduction and long-term thinking.

The plot of AOE is utterly moronic and Prime is an idiot for thinking that a small group of humans aided by Lockdown represent the entirety of humanity. He literally could've gathered his Autobots and fled to Canada and CW and KSI couldn't touch them, not without stirring up an international incident. The fact that the Autobots never once tried to publicize the witch hunt against them makes them idiots, but Prime especially is stupid for making it easy for them to be hunted. Worse, rather than do the above and take the evidence to the media, he storms the facility, giving KSI all the probable cause they need to further hunt them down since as far as the public knows they raided their facility for no reason.

Also, Optimus sure got easily worked up considering he's been waging a war in which the Decepticons killed untold numbers of his friends and comrades. What's that one line people like to feed about Prime being war weary? How he's beleaguered by eons of battle, yet apparently flips his lid and loses all composure when a couple of his psychotic, unsympathetic wardogs gets gunned down because he literally sent them out to die? (Yes, humans are the savages for killing Leadfoot, the Wrecker who loves to kill, maim, and dismember. Poor little guy) I guess when the plot demands he act like an impulsive asshat, suddenly Optimus cares about any other Autobot, despite having never reacted to another Autobot's death since Jazz.

And all of that is aside from the fact that "Optimus Prime" and "vengeance" do not belong in the same sentence. Optimus wants justice, not revenge, and with how much of a psycho movie Prime is any sort of shock at him swearing blood from the party responsible is less of a contrasting moment of anger and more a completely in-character moment of continued assassination of Optimus Prime's character. He never walks back that statement, either, it just gets quietly dropped along with pretty much any subplot related to Prime's hatred of humans. He has one lame pep talk from Cade and suddenly nobody gets to be held responsible for their actions. Cool, great moral message. "Do whatever you want and if enough fucked up shit happens everyone will probably just forget and go to China."

• Like Like x 6
  6. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    It should be mentioned that an Optimus going super violent because he has the urge to isn't a new concept, either - Armada Optimus Prime is legit prone to bloodlust as his counterpart Megatron, and in the end of Armada Optimus finally indulges in this lust for violence.

EXCEPT before that, he casts aside the Matrix and with it the title of Prime, because he knows that what he's about to do is completely against what it means to be a Prime. And afterwards, following Unicron's revival and subsequent defeat through Megatron's sacrifice, Prime feels unworthy of returning to his post as Prime because he couldn't save Megatron.

• Like Like x 5
  7. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Armada actually did something with the concept of a violence-loving Prime. It posited that a bot who spent so many eons fighting would grow an affinity for battle, an affinity that would feed a dark force, and Optimus dropped all the pretenses to indulge in that mortal combat for no other reason than he loves to fight.

The best part? Optimus doesn't get to be the sacrifice. He doesn't have the opportunity to cast away his hatred and battle lust to stop Unicorn, because Megatron beats him to it. Megatron kills himself so Optimus will have no one to hate, and thus no fuel for Unicron to live on, and this leaves Optimus a broken man who must go and rediscover that part of him that is truly noble now that the fighting has ended. (even if the Armada dub kinda fucked it up from bad translation)

Movie Optimus, by contrast, never accepts the fact that he has grown hateful and violent. He never confronts that ugly side of himself. He's not self-aware. His reactions are entirely surface-level and basic. He is a flatter, less dynamic personality than a frickin' 2003 anime dub character.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    overhated, pretty aight

i didnt feel like falling asleep like i did with tlk

• Like Like x 2
  9. Galvatross

At least I admit when I go a little too far, and yes, I did go too far. You were literally liking now-deleted comments that were insulting me before that, but I guess that's perfectly okay. "It's okay when we do it!"

I guess it's also okay when you tell fans they don't care about the franchise, but if I talk about my preferences and say that I like many parts of the brand, all the sudden I'm making the equivalent of a "true fan" argument:

Why so many people want transformers 6 from michael bay?

"It's okay when we do it!"

So why not we just all admit we're all passionate here, and we all get into heated discussions from time-to-time?

Thinking Optimus Prime was justified in Age of Extinction is perfectly reasonable and an opinion I agree with. You have been given plenty of valid reasons by Bayverse fans over the years as to why they like the Bay movies or at least aspects of them.

You know what is not a valid reason for hating (or liking) any of the movies, including Age of Extinction? Saying things are demonstrably false to bolster your opinions, or saying things that the movies themselves do not support.

The movies do NOT support your previous claim that there were 200+ Decepticons alive after DotM, because that was said BEFORE the battle in Chicago (indeed, immediately after the Decepticons strike D.C. due to Sentinel activating the Pillars), when many Decepticons were killed. That is not a valid criticism as a result.

The movies do NOT support your previous claim that Prime told his Autobots to split up when being hunted. He gets ambushed in Mexico City, sends a message to others saying, "Calling all Autobots. We are under targeted attack. Cease all contact with humans." There's literally NOTHING in there about "splitting up." On the contrary, the first thing he does after meeting Cade is express his desire to reach his Autobots. After Cade repairs him (another false claim made by some members is that Prime was repaired by scanning the new truck, when we are shown Cade doing the work!), and they escape Lockdown and company for the time being, what is the first thing Prime does? He meets up with the other surviving Autobots, and they stay together for the course of the movie DESPITE not all liking each other. It's literally the OPPOSITE of what you propose.

Now if you presented the questionable narrative of Prime "abandoning" his troops after DotM as just a fan theory, then fine, but the movie itself does not in any way, shape, or form suggest that happened. It actually suggests the complete opposite, but you'll present that and other questionable and completely bogus narratives as if they're dogmatic truths that can't be denied.

You don't have to invent imaginary reasons to dislike the movies. You can dislike them for what they are, and you can do so while thinking people who do like them are fans just like you. I am an individualist and not a collectivist. I don't want everyone to have the exact same opinions. I respect well said opinions, even when they disagree with me or other fans of the movies, but I do want opinions to actually be supportable by what's in the movies.

I love Age of Extinction for perfectly valid reasons and think it's an extremely creative and underrated piece of Transformers fiction. Others, including yourself, can have different opinions, but let's please the keep the opinions based in what's actually shown and said in the movie.

Have a Shrektastic day!

• Like Like x 11
  10. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Then let's see you talk back to all the people who are doing that, liking your posts because they attack me. Put your money where your mouth is.

Oh, but you won't, because its okay when YOU do it, apparently, and people like YOUR posts. That's the line of logic you are pushing.

Seriously, you're getting agitated over me pressing a fucking like button because I disagree with you. Are you so insecure that a small number next to a thumbs up emoji with my name in the hyperlink is making you enraged? I'm sorry, weren't YOU the one harping on about people having different opinions? Why do you care so much about what posts I like?

Maybe I'm just "having fun" pressing the like button on posts I like. Isn't that one of your "die on that hill" arguements? That having fun somehow excuses you from caring how other people react to your posts? Oh, but its different when YOU do it, am I right?

Hold yourself and the people liking your posts attacking me to your own goddamn standards or get off your soapbox.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Smokie's #1 Guy

News Credits:
    Me and the Boys going to watch another fight between Burnout and Galvatross:
    tenor (3).gif

• Like Like x 20
  12. Zemah

Zemah Until that day…’til all are one…

News Credits:
    Gonna give my quick thoughts on this before the thread is turned into another warzone...

I appreciate the story they were trying to pull off, but as with all the Bay movies, it could've been executed much better. Issues I had with the movie:
    • It was unnecessarily long, a lot could've been cut out.
    • Most of the Transformers didn't look like they could transform, hell, the human-made Transformers didn't even transform. Many of them also had too human faces.
    • The "Dinobots" or whatever they were supposed to be.
    • Mark Wahlberg's acting is mediocre at best.
    • The fucking Romeo and Juliet scene.....yeah, what more can I say?
    At least Lockdown was a cool villain, the best of the movies (which doesn't say much, but still). I also liked that they focused more on the Transformers.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    Oh god, you said the dreaded O word. How could you..!? Post-modernists have worked for decades to invalidate concepts such as truth and objectivity and yet you say it so casually. Something something your opinion blah blah you can't criticize art because it's subjective which invalidates the entire concept of being a critic but whatever.

People take it way too personally when you say a thing that they like is poorly made, like you're attacking them rather than criticizing a piece of media / entertainment. It just makes having meaningful discussions regarding film impossible because when you say "this movie isn't very good" or "this film is objectively bad" you'll get a ton of people who don't understand the concept of objectivity and media analysis telling you off and getting upset.

Even telling someone they're wrong about something is seen as a personal slight rather than be seen as a chance to learn something.

Let's just be blunt: people around here throw around "that's your opinion" because to them it invalidates any commentary they don't like, no matter how truthful or on point it is because to them their opinion that the movie IS good is just as accurate and 'valid' as your statement to the contrary, which isn't how this works. You could be speaking as objectively as you're able without bringing your personal feelings (or opinions) into it and you'll be told "that's your just your opinion", meaning no matter how accurate you are your point of view is no more or less valid than anyone else.

It's a defense and comforting mechanism, and I can see why it's so appealing: everyone is right, like everyone getting a participation award even if they didn't work as hard as others, everyone wins.

• Like Like x 3
  14. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    This is probably why criticisms of media are often rebutted with personal slights and attacks. Because they erroneously equate a piece of media's validity with themselves, they feel it is appropriate to respond as though it's a personal slight.

Which I really don't understand. TBF I think there was definitely a period of time where people would equate a shitty movie/show/game/etc with shitty fans, ("only IDIOTS like the Michael Bay Transformers movies!" or some other disparaging nonsense) but I feel like we're so far passed that these days. But it still floats somewhere in the minds of some people, so the "this movie doesn't suck, YOU suck" mentality still rears its ugly head from time to time.

In fact it often manifests as friendly fire. Fans of the films who still objectively critic them often get lumped in with the "haters" and draw the same recourse despite ostensibly being like-minded. I still "like" the Transformers films. I've watched TF07 God knows how many times, I collect Studio Series more obsessively than I do almost any other TF line, I used to vehemently defend them despite the clear and crippling fact that they're honestly some of the worst films I've ever seen. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  15. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    There's a difference between being able to like something or not liking it, from something actually being good and bad as an objective value, and as you mention people seem to get these confused to mean one and the same.

To use an example from Big Bang Theory of all places, namely because it's actually accurate here, the Indiana Jones film Raiders of the Lost Ark is a fun romp and definitely a classic...but narratively it's loaded with faults that people could find it off-putting. Particularly its ending. It's graphic, it's epic...and Indiana Jones isn't necessary for any of it whatsoever. He literally just watches the Ark of the Covenant horribly kill all the Nazis and then reseal itself. This would have happened if Indiana Jones wasn't even anywhere NEAR it being opened, the entire problem of the Nazis opening the Ark simply solved itself. A literal deus ex machina.

It's kind of a cheap ending all things considered compared to how Indy stops the bad guy in Temple of Doom by chanting the magic words and sending the stones into the river, or in Last Crusade where he gives up the Holy Grail, but it doesn't take away from how Raiders is a fun adventure romp as a whole.

With AoE, the problem is, among other things, that it all revolves around Optimus Prime somehow having led a war effort against the Decepticons for millions of years, ends up victorious after DOTM more or less, and then a few humans with guns (which are selectively effective against Transformers depending on how far into the movie any given scene happens in case anybody forgot the Scorponok attack scene from TF07) and some random asshole who isn't even the most dangerous guy Prime's ever faced (seriously, Shockwave was a far bigger threat because he had the giant worm and a bigger gun) point their guns at Prime and he has a midlife crisis where he basically leaves the Autobots with no exit strategy whatsoever.

How does a guy who was, at one point, in charge of entire armies longer than the human race has existed just completely forget that the humans betrayed the Autobots twice when the enemy asked somewhat not-so-nicely and that it probably would be a good idea to have a backup plan in case that whole 'betrayal' thing happened again? The whole setup for AoE just doesn't make sense. And that's not even getting into the stupid laser at the dinosaurs since you could remove transformium from the film, saying KSI simply used nanomachines (son) instead after reverse engineering Reedman or whatever, and generally all that would change is how that one guy dies and then what Galvatron wants to do later on (instead of rehashing Dreamwave G1 Vol.1 / Key to Vector Sigma, maybe he just wants to nuke all humans and blow up a power plant or upload his consciousness into the internet Ultron-style).

I feel like we were never told the whole story with AoE, given the original pitch as ultimately revealed was almost completely different with the one similar thing being Lockdown in the film, except originally he was leading a pack of Decepticons Mad Max style, and a lot of what went into the final film is absent from that. Really, it wouldn't surprise me if AoE was actually thrown together in a similar manner to TLK with too many script ideas and not enough plot to balance it, a complete overhaul to whatever was planned in order to exploit the Chinese demographic because as I said earlier - the one thing that is clear about AoE is that it was meant to really appeal to the Chinese.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Galvatross

Zark was describing your statement as "asinine," which I agree with, and before that I was merely trying to counter your argument. He didn't say that you you yourself were asinine, nor was I attacking you in that post of mine.

If I see a Bayverse fan calling other fans, "G1ers," I'm not going to like or approve of that post. I'm not saying it's impossible there was a long post I liked in the past were I may have missed such an insult, but I don't consciously do such things.

Oh trust me, I'm not agitated or enraged. I'm more amused actually.

I have made it abundantly clear that my Shrek posts you hate so much are not intended as being malicious, nor do I understand how anyone could get so worked up about them.

However, if you are just having fun, maybe you should make that more clear? As is, your posting behavior makes it sound like you get seriously angry about people liking Transformers stuff you like. I am not saying that is the intent, but that is what it appears like to me and many others. If it is not the intent, maybe you should try to sound nicer? Just some helpful advice.

It's not my job to comb through everything everyone who agrees or disagrees with me says and, "Hold them accountable." I'm simply responding to your posts, because you make everything so hyperbolically negative and black-and-white. If someone uses the word, "Almost," in a post, then somehow that must mean that someone else can now see how a movie you hate is "objectively" bad.

I'm not attacking you personally. I don't know what you're like in real life and whether your posts here are a genuine reflection of your real life persona. I'm trying to get you and some others here to stop acting as if your opinions are gospel, when they're just opinions, and some of the things you say to support them aren't true anyway.

Finally, I have admitted...many times by the way...that we're probably all passionate fans here who are passionate about one or more facets of the brand, and we consequently get in passionate arguments. That's not me on a soapbox." On the contrary, I'm acknowledging we're all humans who sometimes have strong opinions.

LoL.

I am a scientist, so I think know some things about "objectivity" and "subjectivity," because "objectivity" as you understand it is not what objectivity actually is.

Objectivity deals with facts. You can objectively describe something (age, physical dimensions, etc.) but you can't objectively judge something.

Subjectivity deals with opinions, feelings, and preferences. If you are judging something as good or bad or in-between, you are stating an opinion. If Autobot Burnout or some other fans prefer Transformers designs to have visible alt mode kibble, that is a subjective opinion, but it is NOT an objective fact that alt kibble is a requirement for a robot to be a Transformer.

I can objectively describe a movie in terms of its events, setting, length, and so on. I can NOT objectively judge something. It's not possible. Even the most well trained or controlled minds can not remove all bias when forming an opinion.

Scientific theories, even well-supported scientific theories, are not undeniable objective facts, but narratives of how facts and evidence fit together. Scientific understanding of the universe and phenomena within can change based on new facts and is also influenced by the subjective biases of scientisits.

Is a platypus an objectively "better" monotreme than an echidna? Are placentals objectively "better" mammals than marsupials and monotremes? Are birds objectively "better" dinosaurs than their extinct Mesozoic relatives? Is dog poop objectively better than human poop or donkey poop? Is some poop objectively better if it's bigger or more stinky or squishier than other turds? No. What makes for a "better" turd or dinosaur or mammal or monotreme is a subjective opinion, not an objective fact.

Likewise, with films, even well-supported film theories and film opinions are not undeniable, objective truths, but things that change based on new information on the intent of production, changing tastes, and cultural phenomena.

So no, I don't want to "invalidate" what objectivity is. I just want it to fit the actual definition of the word.

• Like Like x 10
  17. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    I was talking about all your posts, because I can see how likes your posts, and it's usually the same people.

I don't give a shit about who likes your posts, but if you're going to come after me for liking posts demonstrating a particular behavior as justification for getting 'heated' instead of the actual discussion, and then you don't in the same manner negatively regard people who are doing the same thing to me by liking your posts...I dunno, seems like you're painting me as an 'acceptable target'. Practice what your preach but I think you're more the 'talk the talk' type over 'walk the walk' since you also lambast the entire fandom for this kind of behavior and yet, when you're clearly allowing this kind of behavior to happen against anybody who disagrees with you...well, I'd say at minimum there's a blatant self-benefiting double standard at play.

And again, you're going after me for doing this, but if people like your posts in a similar manner, I'm pretty sure you're consciously allowing such behavior by not calling it out. Because at face value, the only difference between me and them is they're on your side.

We've been at this a loooooong time. It's like poker - you have a very, very, very blatant tell in the way you type when you're agitated. I wonder if you even realize how much it betrays you.

Then why are you so up in my face about me pressing a like button on posts? See, you don't like this, do you? I've turned your own argument against you because I didn't even mention the shrek posts, I just mentioned your argument for why you should be permitted to annoy people.

Thus, if I'm "having fun" liking posts that, well, I like, that doesn't do anything to you. It's not malicious, it's showing posts that I like - something you've certainly done given you went back through all of Hazekiah's threads and liked his posts in long dead threads even though that guy's been banned for years. There is no negative effect on you whatsoever. The only thing that happens when pressing the Like button on a post is a +1 increment to a profile counter for that user. That's it.

And yet you citied this as a primary reason for going a little overboard. Even though like you claim with your Shrek posting, there is no intention of being malicious with my likes because there's literally nothing bad that happens to you from it. You are getting worked up over something that literally has no functional purpose whatsoever.

But since you like Shrek posting so much, why should I not be allowed to like whatever posts I want?

"Try to sound nicer"

I'm sorry, which one of us was the one making insulting nicknames of other users? I'm pretty sure that was you.

And yet you've done that countless times against me to find specific examples to counter my arguments. You're very fond of using my 'ROTF is the worst Transformers film ever' post and leaving out the context of that post having been made before anybody on the board could have known a fourth TF film was coming by a couple of years.

Much like how you treat my posting behavior, hmm?

Oh, that's rich given what happened last time.

Plus, let's just say I have a very good idea of how much I live in your head.

Based entirely on what you see the film as, specifically. That is biased as hell and you have no right to claim you are more 'correct' in your interpretation of a film you're already predisposed to always have positive memories of, as opposed to me who has nothing but negative memories.

You only really claim that to try and excuse your bad behavior. Which really isn't an excuse at all given how many times it's happened at this point.

Maybe step outside the laboratory and understand that the scientific method doesn't apply to pop culture, or really culture in general. At all.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Turborun

Turborun Active Member

While my opinion on AOE has lessened since I first saw it (I always seem to really enjoy the TF films when I first watch them and then cringing at certain parts during later watches), I do like some of the ideas if not necessarily the execution. I liked the idea of a ragtag Autobot team on the run and I enjoyed Crosshairs and Hound's personalities (even if they were kinda one-note). I think the idea of human-made Transformers being used to hunt down actual Cybertronians is an interesting one, though I could have done without the "digital-cube transformations." Maybe if they had been more like mecha; it could have even served as a reference to Diaclone. And I loved Lockdown, even though his dialogue was kind of cliche.

It's hard for me to say if I consider AOE the worst TF movie (I still haven't seen TLK). However, it does rank low, along with ROTF.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  19. Galvatross

So? There are people who consistently like your posts. I'm not talking about people who might (generally) agree with your stances. That is not the issue, so much as how you act as if it's your way or the highway, and that anyone who enjoys or even tolerates fiction or designs you hate to a hyperbolic level is the problem here, when the people who have different from you like or tolerate things for actually legitimate reasons.

Except I do try to have actual discussions. I even tried having discussions with you in the recent past and sent you a PM to discuss things, but you ignored it or never read it or anything. Don't accuse me of not trying to have an actual discussion, when I address your posts every time and actually have tried on many occasions to have a civil discourse with you.

LoL.

There are plenty of people I disagree with whom I respect. So no, I don't accept your false argument here.

Because it's not about whether people disagree with me or lot. There's nobody on here I agree with 100%, and that's okay. The problem is this groupthink mentality where anyone who doesn't have the "right" opinions gets shouted down as if they're somehow the problem.

Are you obsessed with me? Do you have a crush on me? I like women, thank you very much.

You know what does not have a negative effect on you...or anyone else here for that matter? Age of Extinction. You either like it or not, but it doesn't negatively impact your Shrexistence at all.

I don't know, but it seems you get needlessly angry about the existence of certain movies or designs, when they really don't negatively affect you. You can state why you like them, but if you hate them so much, then why waste your time on them? Find something in the brand you enjoy.

Do you prefer to be called Ogrebot Burnout? I bet you LOVE having a new nickname inspired by Shrek!

Not true. Let's go and see why:

Top 5 Worst ideas in Transformers

What is the date on that post? November 12, 2013. After the fourth film was filmed. After a title had been revealed. After the presence of the Dinobots had been revealed. Well after numerous new vehicles were revealed and the human actors were announced. Your claim is, once again, false.

LoL.

You actually don't live in my head. I really don't ever think about you at all, because I don't spend that much time on this site anymore anyway. Today is just one of those long, hot summer days.

Except I have watched the movie on many occasions, and remember it very well and know many small details, both that appear in the movie and about the production. When it comes to Age of Extinction, I know what I am talking about as far as what actually happens in the movie, even if others have different opinions. It's abundantly obvious, for instance, that Prime never told his Autobots to split up, and that you just made that up, and a bunch of other fans who don't know any better just lapped it up without thinking at all. It's abundantly obvious Prime did not repair himself by scanning his new alternate mode; we are shown...shown...Cade repairing Prime in Cade's barn! It's abundantly obvious that the humans were not hunting the Transformers by themselves as you falsely claimed al long time when we are shown Lockdown working with them.

It's not that you and others don't like the movies. It's that you and others post provably false things about them to support your opinions. You can just dislike the movies for what they are, rather than invent imaginary reasons to hate them.

Is my love of Age of Extinction a subjective opinion? Absolutely, but every single opinion I have about it has facts or evidence backing it up.

"You can't always get what you want." LoL.

Who has been complaining about not getting what they want for almost a decade? Someone who was complaining about the very existence of Age of Extinction and The Last Knight and invents new reasons to hate them non-stop?

I think I know...

wait for it...

It's...Autobot Burnout!

You know who doesn't complain about not getting things they want? ME. The Last Knight wasn't the fifth film I wanted, and I'm fine with that. I stated my criticisms, but I also noted some things I liked about it, despite it not being my favorite.

Bumblebee wasn't my favorite either. Did I complain about it? No. I accepted it, and I moved on, because I am fine if I don't get things that I want.

But you know what else was a film that did not fit my expectations or was the film I wanted? Age of Extinction was not the fourth film I would have expected at all...and I enjoyed it more as a result, because I enjoyed it for what it was and not for what I wanted to be. Sometimes, you're better off getting something you don't want from someone who really meant it than something that checks off all of the boxes. Age of Extinction is one of those things.

I absolutely look forward to Rise of the Beasts...it's the most excited I am for a Transformers film in years...but even if I absolutely hated it, you know what I would do? I would state my criticisms, and then I would move on with my life. If there was never another thing Transformers made that I enjoyed, I would be satisfied, because the brand has given me so much to enjoy.

I'm a fan. I'm here to express my enjoyment of Transformers and not waste time and energy complaining about what I hate. Nothing in Transformers is even worth even hating. The worst Transformers toy or cartoon or movie or comic merits a, "Meh," and nothing more.

LoL.

But archaeologists and historians absolutely can objectively describe works of art and old stories and other aspects of culture and what not, but the moment they judge such things, they are no longer being objective. I, as a modern male of (partial) European descent, can't look at some tribal art from New Guinea or West Africa and say, "Wow, this ugly, demonic-looking garbage is objectively sh*t! Ancient Roman or Renaissance art is objectively so much better!" Why can't I do that? Because that's not objectivity!

It's not that someone can't prefer Roman art to tribal art from the tropics, but those preferences are, by definition, subjective!

• Like Like x 5
  20. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper green

News Credits:
    lol I don't think anyone missed you two argueing night and day.

Anyways my thought on age of extinction is that it is a fine movie.

• Like Like x 3