This Should Be Grimlock

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NintenPhill, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

que?

2. danny1981

danny1981 Well-Known Member

I think limewire was talking about Perry Como! He sang Magic Moments!

Ohhhh wait a second i think he meant camo as in camouflage :p 

3. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm, that could work. I can also work out in my head a 3rd T-rex mode from that vehicle, but dunno about the lack of firepower since Grimlock is all about might and weaponry...

4. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I dig RiD Grimlock, so I'd have no problem with that. I also like his War Within style, too.

5. F-22Starscream

F-22Starscream Well-Known Member

Grimlock and the Dinobots also could crash land in the Universal Studios Ride of Jurassic Park and scan the Dinosaur Props,cause they dont know where they are or something else and have the rubber skin of the props. So they dont walk around as robotic dinosaurs in the G1 way of thinking.

So they could start out as dinosaurs and then later in the movie after they kicked some con asses could reformat as something similiar...like tanks,jets or construction vehicles.

6. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

TF1 and ROTF both had giant robotic animals. A scorpion and a big cat.

ROTF set the precedent for Ancient Transformers being dormant on Earth.

The ROTF novel has Jetfire comically mention the dinosaurs and implies that it was the Transformers who originally wiped them out (though he's a lot more senile in the novel so it might just be insane ramblings).

I'd say that the groundwork for the inclusion of the Dinobots in the movie-verse is already laid... :p 

7. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    That vehicle is pretty awesome. If only Michael Bay was on this thread, saw that vehicle, and decided to make it an alternate mode of Grimlock. Think of it; he can be a triple changer. Robot > Dinosaur > Whateverthehellthatawesomethingis.

8. tchad

tchad Well-Known Member

Grimlock and prime are pretty much all I truly love about transformers. 1/2 dozen other guys make the sometimes list. Movie Prime kept a good enough head sculpt for me to still love him. If you can make a movie that didn't edit out the twins - a giant obviously robotic dinosaur isn't below you...hell it might be too good for you even.

9. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    that is badass enough to carry Grimlock's mantra with it....

10. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Grimlock changing from a tank to a T Rex to be honest.

11. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

What's wrong with having the Dinobots crash in the Mojave or Gobi desert & not finding anything to scan they scan deeper into the ground & finds dino bones & scans that. Simple. Mission accomplished.

12. SharkyMcShark

News Credits:
    Because they can't scan things of biological origin (as was shown by Alice having to scan an animatronic maid) - I mean with that said Scorponok hardly had to scan a scorpion, and Ravage didn't have to scan a jaguar, so it's possible that they wouldn't need to scan anything dinosaur like to be dinosaurs.

13. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

Didn't Defiance explain that the earliest Transformers were intended to be workers? Maybe the earliest ones were really stupid, didn't know how to speak, and somehow sent themselves to Earth to scan a bunch of dinosaurs.

14. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

There are plenty of ways they could explain the Dinobots having robotic Dinosaur shunt modes. I would love to see Grimlock as a T-rex. There has already been a giant alien scorpion and a giant alien kitty kat, so I'm sure the average movie goer can suspend their disbelief, so the short time they are watching a movie about GIANT ROBOTS. Also if they were going to put him in the movie as anyting else...well, I'd just rather they didn't. I can live with him not ever being a part of these movies. Give the vehicle and robot form to another name that fits better, that way nobody has a hissy fit(my initial reaction included sometimes, although I usually try and open my mind and try to like changes). We all know the only character that really looks like any prior incarnation is PRIME. Sure, Bumblebee is yellow but he looks nothing like his former self, so he does NOT count.

And as a big fan of G1, as well as the movie-verse and Beast wars...

I'd also like to take this time to mention how sick I am of all the blatant anti-G1 sentiment, and to everyone saying..."fuck dinosaurs, they're too Geewuunnn", "geewun sucks", and "omg...you prefer a certain character to be like his G1-self, you're such a Geewunner"...seriously...shut the hell up. If no one is dogging on what you like, or blindly defending something without seeing it's faults and being honest about it, don't call them a "geewunner" because of their preference. I for one am getting tired of seeing it. Some People are fully capable of wishing certain characters were more like a previous incarnation without being incapable of liking or accepting of new things. Besides it was the original, and the reason, you EVER got the incarnation that became your favorite. So before you start running at the mouth, show some respect. I think we, as a TFan community, need to learn to be much more respectful of eachothers' preferences. I'm not saying to throw away your own personal opinion, or preference. Just be more respectful of others as well. I myself included need to be reminded of this sometimes, and I am going to try to be better about such things.

Thanks,
    ~Optimatron

I have to ask, in which media did this (bolded lettering) take place? I don't remember reading or witnessing this happening in the comics or movie. I would love to read an explaination of what they can and cannot scan.

15. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Umm did you see ROTF. That movie was all kids then robot gore kids then robot gore then sex joke low brow balls humor all for the kids i guess.

If you can have a giant friggin scorpion and then a deboned cat little spider things robot leg humper.

Trust me you are not hurting the franchise by putting a Damn cool robotic T Rex that transforms into grimlock.

All you have to do is give him some glitchy reason he would choose it or go the animated route and make them a creation of the allspark blast from TF1 or what ever the hell lame plot twist thing happened with megatron and sam

Ya pretty much the movie is as low as it will ever get a dinosaur would be a step up in believablity after part 2

If you put the dinobots in a movie and they are not dinos for any portion of it what the hell is the point then.

16. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    RotF comic adaptation.

17. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

that may be well and fine but the problem is the movie it self doesnt even follow the comics one bit so as far as the comic being any bit of a reference goes out the window.

I say they can scan cars they can then scan organics.

They arent mimicking the internal organs here people.

Besides if she scanned a manikin she did a bad job as she looked pretty damn real and overall lets just be honest the hole alice thing was pretty much a precedent for how weak the movie was in all aspects

18. SharkyMcShark

News Credits:
    There was a cut scene - when Leo bursts in to tell Sam something about his "bed buddy Alice", it's because he had just seen the animatronic maid in the other room on the telly.

I don't actually know why the scene where you actually see her on TV was cut but it's present in all the other adaptations.

19. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

He should be that and transform in to some kind of T-Rex-y looking thing. Like Marc Bolan.

20. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want Grimlock as a tank as well but they got to keep his face From war within comic..

[​IMG]