This pile of crap is literally 20 min south of me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3.8TransAM, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

2. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What the hell is going on in the world right now?

3. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

Jesus...it's like what is happening with the world lately??

4. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's it! After I finish my finals on Friday, I'm gonna go to Alaska.

5. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

If we keep it clean we can talk about gun control here.

I am still firmly against it and my son will be shooting in another 3-4 years or so.

Teach him correctly from the get go.

The problem no one admits to, is that you just end up taking the guns away from good people and leave them in the hands of criminals.

Whack jobs will be whack jobs no matter what, they have existed since the dawn of time and will exist until the end of time.

6. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    At least he was arrested before he actually went through with the plan.

And to be honest, when I clicked on this thread, I was actually hoping that it'd be a spam thread where the OP posted a picture of shit that was "literally" 20 minutes south of him. Instead I get this.

7. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

I would never do something like that?!?!? Would I?

Now quit giving me ideas

8. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Considering how some people are still reeling from the shootings that happened on Friday, the last thing I want to see when I go online is news about some idiot psychopath trying to outdo the shooter from Newtown. I'd rather see a piece of shit than hear about one.

9. AnAutobot1985

Exactly! I'm all for the RIGHT to own firearms if you are a law abiding, average citizen.

Illegality will only allow ill intent people to purchase off the black market similar to how people get their drugs.

Don't be a chump and get caught off guard when you don't have to!

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    atleast there are 47 kids that will be alive and actually get the chance to grow up now.

11. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a good thing gun dealers run psych evaluations prior to purchases.

I'll give you a week to go find an illegal gun dealer. There's a 50/50 chance of you being successful, if that, right? And even then, common sense tells us that those illegal, unmarked guns will be even more expensive than the legal ones. Could you even afford them?

Meanwhile, it takes five minutes TOPS to find a gun store in the yellow pages.

The reason that illegal drug trade has flourished is because it's addictive and recreational. Guns are not addictive, and outside of hunting, murder is hardly recreational.

Yeah, it's totally those 20 "chump" children's fault for not carrying sidearms.

12. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last time we had an in-depth chat about gun control, that was the Dark Knight Rises shooting thread, which got locked.

Anyone got a free ticket to alaska?

13. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

U have to wait and they do run a background check on you, but it is felony related mostly.

U can purchase guns on the street cheaper than when u can at a legitimate store for the most part. Lots of supply on the legal and illegal sides. Sides once u shave serial numbers your not getting retail anywhere ever.

The children would not have been carrying, but I would not have faulted a teacher, principal or armed security for carrying.

14. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 This is noise

WTFH is wrong people to day if you kill a child you should be fried an adult depends on surcomstansis

15. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

With more than 300 million guns in the US right now, I am not surprised by gun violence any more. Hell, if my next door neighbor has a cache full of guns and ammos, even though we are just a few steps away from elementary school it's still consider normal in these days. We can only hope that whoever owns guns is sane enough not to use them on innocent people, which is, let's face it, a pipe dream.

16. Hot Shot.

News Credits:
    Background checks are great at keeping firearms out of the hands of thieves, but aren't going to do a damned bit of good when a mentally ill person snaps and goes kamikaze.

Why do people think filling schools with guns makes them safer? People like Adam Lanza were kids too at one point. All it would take is a sick kid getting close enough to their teacher to snatch the gun off their side.

And if you lock the guns up in desk drawers, it's not going to prevent the first casualties. What if the shooter's wearing a vest? Teachers generally aren't marksmen.

Circumstances. Spell check is your friend.

And you can't punish a mass murderer if he kills himself first.

17. AnAutobot1985

Get real. Surely it was implied I meant law abiding, ADULT citizens out in the every day world.

Criminal background checks are taken for good measure. And a week to find an illegal gun dealer you say? What for? To prove a point? Too much hassle when I could legally buy one if I wanted to right now.

And you are wrong...the illegal trade has flourished because some people do have backgrounds or prefer to be kept off the radar, i.e. career criminals.

18. Hot Shot.

News Credits:
    It's not just adult citizens being caught off-guard by heavily-armed psychopaths these days.

[​IMG]

Ladies and gentlemen, my point.

I'm not wrong. They aren't on the same scale at all, and I gave you reasons why they will never be.

19. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

It's only a matter of time, IMO, that gun violence like the ones we've experienced this year will be so commonplace that majority of people will be scared of even going to their local malls or dropping their kids at the school. It'll take something like THAT for the politicians to do something about guns but by then it'll be much too late.

20. AnAutobot1985

I certainly hope its not "only a matter of time" and the world comes to that. People shouldn't have to live in fear, for that is not living at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.