"This is MY planet!"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wars, Sep 3, 2011.

1. LesterX

LesterX Banned

Why, thanks. :D 

2. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    it reminded me why i love megatron so much. i didnt see his his interference as a "optimus! I'll save you!" but more of a "let me remind you who the leader of the decepticons is, and why he's the leader."

3. LesterX

LesterX Banned

I think, deep down, Megatron cared for his brother in his own demented way.

4. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

In the Bayverse, are Optimus and Megatron actually brothers or are they brothers only in a figurative sense? If they are actual brothers, wouldn't that make Megatron a Prime?

5. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Even though I was rooting for Optimus, I loved that moment. Hugo Weaving is fantastic.

6. Tfrobotfan19

Tfrobotfan19 Active Member

Optimus and Megatron are not really brothers, I think it is just figurative term. If you have read the IDW comic series before Transformers:RoTF, they both co-ruled cybertron.

They ruled it together, until it was revealed Optimus was a Prime. Megatron became jealous and power-hungry, sided with the Fallen, and formed the deceptions.

In response, Optimus formed the Autobots to oppose Megatron. Megatron was used by the Fallen, under the idea he would be a prime. As Optimus mentioned to Megatron, "Primes are not made, they are born." Optimus was born in the role, Megatron was not.

7. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

It was super awesome. Gave me chills how mean and fearsome Megatron looked, using up his low energy to run up and manhandle Sentinel.
    But yeah, Sentinel was focusing on the act of killing his (ex)most trusted ally who had been alive for thousands of years if not longer- plus he had just got stabbed repeatedly by Optimus. Megatron took advantage of the perfect opportunity.
    Seemed that after that, Megatron powered back down to bleh mode, and slowly said "All I ever wanted... was to be back in charge... Besides... where would you be without me Optimus?"
    I think with prime finally in almost as bad shape as Megs, Megatron just didn't expect Optimus to move in with such deadly precision and simply murder him instantly.
    And that streak of pure meanness from Prime was exactly what had to happen to finally end Megatron's reign. It was freaking great.
    Optimus was betrayed, lost close friends, was dismembered... and just decided to end it.
    Great end to the trilogy.
    I just hate that nobody (in movie obviously) said a damned word about Ironhide's sad brutal end.

8. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, that was probably the worst part. Even Jazz got some mourning at the end of the first film. Even if they just mentioned it then.

9. Starscream217

Starscream217 You will address me as LORD Starscream...

This 100%

10. LesterX

LesterX Banned

The crew said it was open to interpretation, but recent IDW comics seem to lean towards them being actual brothers. But more likely, due to the fact that Megatron is not a Prime, is that theyve known each other for a really long time, and are foster or step brothers.

11. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I think Megatron was just all-around awesome in this movie. Making ridiculous world-conquering schemes, being in bad shape but nowhere near beaten, stealing Lincoln's seat, evilly feeding babies, having an actual distinct alt mode, twisting a noble Autobot leader to his side, killing the one guy he needed for his schemes to work, offering false truces...
    He just needed some more screen time.

12. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

I honestly though Megatron knocked his head off. I was just like "OH SHIT!" at that very moment :lol 

It was just his helmet though. Do all Primes have removable head wear or something?

13. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

I don't think of it as a removable helmet. I think it's a necessary part of their heads which protects the fragile wiring and components underneath (like a human skull).

14. Fierceawakening

Fierceawakening Deceptigeek

Yeah, that, although I've gotta admit, Prime's "Let's find out" line was badass.

15. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Loved it when Megatron trashed Sentinel! Even in his weakened state, he's more than a match for the crotchety old Prime. :D 

16. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
  17. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I was thinking "THRUST THE BLADE SENTINEL AND KILL OPTIMUS PRIME" but I was also thinking "Megatron will ruin this in 3, 2, 1" Then I was like "NOOOOOO! YOU IDIOT! YOU GIANT EGO IDIOT!" I hated Megatron for ruining that scene.

18. Dark Autobot

Dark Autobot Child of G1

It was cool....because he saved Optimus by not meaning to ....he realized movie wise not novel wise...that S.P. woulda have killed him....after had they defeated us...meaning Autobots/Nest, etc.....but Sentinel would have destroyed him if he knew it was coming....but it was a Megs move....like G1 Megs....Optimus weakened him in Rotf to him just being treated like he did Starscream....Karma....but I wish he woulda been in the movie more or healed....or the novel ending w him and Optimus fighting S.p. and Prime killing S.P. then coulda killed Megs and lets him leave to Cybertron to rebuild and will become brothers again and one race of bots...either way...epic movie...

19. Dark Autobot

Dark Autobot Child of G1

I was glad to see Sentinel die....he betrayed his own teachings....he became a Con w/ out the title....a traitor.....killing Ironhide and the Twins in the novel made him show he was a sellout....Optimus w his classic line was epic.....before the death shots....Rust in Peace S.P.......Ha, Ha, Ha......Optimus reigns again...

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Hate me all you want guys but Sentinel Prime was the best charecter.

He was morally conflicting, and probably the best written charecter in the entire trilogy.