This is for the haters and critics

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by primal789, Jul 1, 2014.

1. FoC Grimlock

FoC Grimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The op owned haters and they're somehow twisting it to mean they've won. LOL!

haters can weakly mewl about how money doesn't mean anything and that their helium fueled voices still matter but Bayformers has owned them four times now.

If you even have to ask if you're a hater then have fun seeing the movie multiple times. You will.

2. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Only a hater would get mad, otherwise the term means little to you.

Yeah... like all of Bay's other movies flopped...

So glad opinions ≠ fact.

This is why reviewers and critics ,mean nothing to me. I knew Twilight was not something I would like or be interested in, so I didn't watch it, but I don't judge it either. If you don't like the subject matter or director, I don't think you opinion really matters anyway... it's impossible to be objective.

3. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yup. A simple 'Did not like it because this, this, and this' would suffice. But no, people feel the need to cram their opinions down the throats of everyone around them because internet.

But, you also have the other side who tell the "haters" how stupid and uptight they are.

I wonder how much bandwidth would be saved if people would just accept how others feel.

4. TrailbreakerADK

TrailbreakerADK Defense Strategist

This right here is the kind of bullshit rhetoric we're sick of hearing.

Why is everything about crushing your enemies? "Bayformers" hasn't owned anyone as far as I'm concerned. If Twilight, a series that I absolutely detest, makes a ton of money at the box office, what do I have to concede to? "Well guys, Twilight was a hit. I guess I was wrong and you were right." Are you shitting me? It's still a crappy movie regardless.

A lot of reasonable folks here aren't out here to "win." Some want to legitimately discuss the flaws of this series. Not everyone is out there to shit on these movies for the sake of shitting on them. Some wanted a good movie but feel they didn't get one. But as long as people continue to pull the "hater" card, there can't room for any intelligent discourse.

5. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

How is "hater" an insult? We all hate things. It's a nonsense phrase.

I think I'm gonna start calling anyone who uses gross as an argument because they can't defend the film's quality (and maybe don't even know how) "Movie apologists"!

And you can use ad hominem insults and generalizations in an attempt to emasculate others in some macho display of dominance out of some outdated sense of masculinity, but that's just making it even more obvious that you're over compensating for something. I can only guess at what. ;) 

Oh, and I'm golden voiced, you Movie apologist.

Yeah... Yeah, I like that. It's got a ring to it.

6. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    People have different tastes, I don't like the modern Transformer comics. I could post on the comic forums here " TF comics are shit " and list many reasons, I just don't get why people have to go into a thread and bash on what other people like. There were several posts here like that, then again this OP was asking for it I guess.

7. TrailbreakerADK

TrailbreakerADK Defense Strategist

I don't know, I think that whole "Baylieber" phrase that one guy coined has a better ring to it.

8. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

insult because it dismisses a person's thoughts.

like calling someone a "fanboy" because they like something, its saying the person is devoid of rational thought.

note how the OP doesn't bring up what a "hater's" thoughts are not the film, he just says the movie made lots of money. totally ignoring what people hated about the film.

just confirms the circle of not putting any thought into another's point of view and dismissing them by labeling.

9. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

There's a nice symmetry to it. After all, Justin Bieber and his Bieliebers (or however the f*ck it's spelled) can't stop ranting about "haters"... But I think "apologists" is a better insult. Nazis have apologists. Manson has apologists. They don't have "believers"...

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    So, is this a troll thread or a flame-bait thread?
    'Hater' is just the go-to term these days for any defensive Bay fans to parrot the moment anyone posts anything vaguely critical of these movies or Bay himself. It's just another 'Geewunner' for them to throw around like some kind of forcefield to try and protect themselves from opinions different to their own. Some Bay fans don't care if it's a legitimate criticism of any aspect of the movies, they just immediately pull out the 'Hater' card as standard. Even if someone, as you suggest, simply 'just didn't like it'.

Everytime a Bay fan uses the term 'hater' it just loses them more credibility in my eyes because they've gone for the easiest and laziest way to try and defend their opinion by using a blanket term to simply dismiss the opinions of others rather than actually debate against them (or, Zod forbid, understand/accept them). Not that any of the Bay fans will actually care what a 'hator' like me might have to say about these things because opinions like mine mean nothing to them. Or so they keep saying. And then threads like this crop up to demonstrate otherwise.
    A friend of mine uses the term 'Bay Fanzies'. But then he is particularly harsh about all things to do with BayFormers and those that like it.
    I'm generally somewhat more forgiving/accepting, even if I do still give it a gentle poke every now and then.

11. Dillatron

Dillatron TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This.

12. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

And what do you think my sig means actually, I'm curious cause I've had that sig since opening weekend of the first movie.

Cause it makes you movie-gaga lovers look stupid. You guys are like the popular yet really vain girl in high school, doesn't matter if you're liked by the vast majority or you're rich as hell, you've got to silence every dissenting voice that you perceive hurting your rep.

Here's the big difference though. Most (not all) haters and critics don't target the fans though. They criticize the movies themselves, nothing more nothing less. But those guys are automatically lumped into the "haters" category. And that's what these threads are about, targeting any criticism and labeling it as people simply hating on Bay and the success of the movies. It's reverse hispter-ism lol.

13. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Then why didn't those infinitely better movies do 100 mil the first weekend? It's a reasonable question. I would think between critical acclaim and overall character popularity, Spiderman and Cap America would have met or exceeded those goals.

Ok , I'm going to call BULLSHIT on this popular theory. The Transformers films are a known quantity. Michael Bay has been making the same basic movie for over a decade.

Uwe Boll never had a 100 million opening weekend. Are you telling me the majority of these people spent money WITH THE INTENT to see a crappy, unentertaining movie? AFTER ROTF. AFTER DOTM. The point of a movie is TO BE ENTERTAINING, not to accomplish everything you wanted.

If something is of poor quality, why are people flocking, in droves, to see it time and again. Could Bay films be better? Hell yes! I wish he could make Optimus as noble as Captain America, that he could find a way to 'imprison' Megatron ala Magneto or Loki, instead of killing off the villain. It'd be nice to see more variety as far as the Cons go, with them not being generic movie 'monsters.' And for the love of everything, why does every story need romance/young love aspects?

I digress tho. In the end, The vast SILENT majority have attested to the quality of Bay's films, and he has softened into doing 'Transformers' stuff versus his 'Bayformer' ideals.

People wanted the Dinobots to be these deep complex characters... he made them pretty much exactly what they were in their first appearance... they didn't speak, and simply kicked ass. They spend large parts of the episode trashing the Autobot base.

You don't make filet mignon with tuna salad and celery. Bay ain't perfect, but for people to say his movies are shit when CLEARLY large amounts of people disagree is silly. He's a lot in common with Tyler Perry. He makes formulaic, generic movies a ton of people seem to love, while critics and haters lament the "unintelligence of the audience" for supporting such films.

XMen told a WAAAAAAYY better story, but I didn't find it entertaining at all, same with Godzilla.

Planet of the Apes looks like it is going to be nearly a perfect blend of drama and action from previews. Yet I doubt it's going to be much more entertaining.

The idea that people don't vote with their wallet about the quality of things is silly. Noone purposely buys what they consider "shitty or inferior" and if they do so they are saying it's not that "shitty or inferior" by purchasing it.

For all those that didn't like it after seeing it, you should have walked out before you were 2 hours in. You could have asked for your money back and really sent a message.

I find Twilight to be horrible, but I refuse to say it sucks or is crappy... because there is a vast majority who would disagree, and really enjoy the series. Just like if the vast amount of reviews were "positive" people would be saying it's a good film, being that the vast amount of viewers disagree with critics and like it, I'd say it's a good film... It did the job of entertaining MOST of it's audience.

14. The Iron Magnus

The Iron Magnus Optimus's Face-in-a-Box

this. freaking. post.

15. Smashs

News Credits:
    No I know. I don't mean to imply they are targeting people. It's just the overall negativity that gets to me.

I really just mean that both parties, as with pretty much any form of media, are generally in the wrong.

Let the people who hate it hate it, and the people who love it love it. No need to chastise EITHER side.

If something brings a person joy, let them revel in it. Life is enough of a bitch without feeling like a loser because of your preference in movies. Not everyone can mentally flip people off as easily as I can.

16. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Transformers movie fans...showing off their douchebaggery since 2007! :lol 

17. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    Listen, could you do me a favor? Make your posts smaller so I can sig each and every single one of them? Thanks.

18. Smashs

News Credits:
    See, this is what I mean. I absolutely ADORE the movies(and most other TF media), but have I been douchey in any way? I know some have, but when you use phrases like "TF movie fans", it's a pretty wide range.

Hah! I do cherish brevity, so I will try. :wink: 

19. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Guys, please, stop trying to convince the Rabid Movie Fans that the Transformers movie are not well done. Let me incapsulate the futility:

[​IMG]

If the word "Transformers" was on any of these fireworks, the above picture would be considered a "great movie".

It is never going to end, stop trying.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I wish this site had a "like" feature.

I don't call people who simply didn't like the movie and come here to discuss stuff "haters". Heck, I have enjoyed more than one thread were people who did and didn't like the movie had good discussions. What gets me is the people who come into threads and post stuff like "The movie was shit" in as many threads as possible. And then there are the ones who insult those of us who did like it with "lowest common denominator, stupid, fool and his money are soon parted, no taste, no class, senile", etc. I have even read that movie likers "should go kill themselves, they are such a waste" (not on this forum, another one). It's like they want to somehow show everyone they are superior or something and every one else is low life scum. I don't like critics who do stuff like that as well.