Third Party wishlist

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Feb 25, 2012.

1. crazygalvatron

crazygalvatron Well-Known Member

Will another 3rd party company have a go at an MP style Ultra Magnus?

I don't know about everyone else on these boards but I would love another 3rd party company to have a go at an MP styled Ultra Magnus.

I was really disappointed with citzen stack as it wasn't very cartoon accurate and the official one from Takara is lacking in a lot of areas.

Does anyone else feel disappointed with the offerings we have had so far when it comes to an MP Styled Ultra Magnus?

2. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't think so; I think between the 2 you mentioned and the KO MP-10U, I think most people have had their fill of Magnus.

The only thing I could think of is if someone out there designed a trailer that would breakdown/transform into armor for the MP-10U but I tihnk that's a real long shot.

3. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why bother? The TT MP Magnus is fine. The 3P should focus on making things that Hasbro is unlikely to do.

4. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

I certainly hope so. We don't have a single decent MP magnus option right now. Would be great to get one acceptable choice into the market.

5. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless this newly MP UM is the Armor Version where MP10U wearing the armor, or make the robot cab smaller but when combine with the trailer is only 1/2 a head or 1 head taller than MP-10 Optimus, then I will purchase it in a heartbeat!

However, if it's an all-in-one transformation, no thank you. MP-22 has already accomplish that. In my eyes, he's beautiful in every way except the butt flap. But even that, can be fold and hidden from the front.
    If it's line of more MP UM Generation, Stack already does the job for me.

6. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Ok sorry what's the problems with MP Magnus? Is it just that he isn't a white prime with extra armor?

7. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Why do I always get this question everytime I mentioned that MP-Magnus sucks? There does exist the possibility that not everyone likes that figure. Do the reasons matter if you don't have an issue with it to begin with?

8. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

What he said!

9. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Geez buddy attitude.

Anyway I'm just wondering what you would like to see in a 3P Magnus. Otherwise how will you get what you want?

10. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    MP Magnus is not perfect, but in terms of all in one transformation, it's hard to think how it can be done better.

11. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Don't be so sensitive. Like I said, I always get that question and I don't think people really want to hear the answer. Try this, go look at your MP-UM, see if there's something you don't like, let me know, then we can talk, k? I don't want to get into a big thing with the MP-UM defense league that frequents the boards and demands that I explain my opinions or makes things personal to disregard them.

12. crazygalvatron

crazygalvatron Well-Known Member

I'm actually thinking about selling my MP22 as I don't really like it.

My main gripes with Citizen stack and MP Ultra Magnus are......

Citizen Stack

Looks noting like Ultra Magnus from the cartoon and too big.

MP Ultra Magnus

He's like a brick very little articulation

Too big! I like the all in one transformation, but maybe they could have made him a little partsformery to shrink the robot mode e.g made part of his trailer turn into a battle platform.

Head mold missing something, can't put my finger on it.

The shade of red Takara used looks pinkish.

Solid Red coloured chest windows would have looked nicer then clear.

and of course the butt flap... phew!

13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    If there's one 3rd party UM figure I'd like to see in the future it would be a replacement white cab that turns into a white Optimus Prime like figure for CW Leader Class Ultra Magnus so that the people who don't like the Minimus Ambus feature will be able to have the option to make their copy of CW UM more G1 toy accurate in terms of feature. The figure can be also repainted into Optimus Prime and be used for the rumoured Titan Wars PM Optimus Prime should PM OP happen.

14. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Mp Magnus is perfect. It's in the dam name and what is your reason for saying he sucks? Because he don't have that whiteprine? Go buy the Ko then. And BOOM you have a whiteprime. Don't try and fix what's not broken.

15. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    1. Magnus has great articulation for his size.
    2.thsi is masterpiece he's not meant to be smaller. He's that size because that's how it is in show.
    3. He's not missing anything
    4. If that looks pink you may want to test for color blindness
    5.Wat more people would have complained about that.
    6.butt flap can be folded up.

16. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ...Actually, you know I'd love to see a smirking Jazz head for CHUG Jazz... Haven't been able to find one on shapeways or anywhere else.

17. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    I sold my MP Magnus a month or so ago, so yeah, I would like something better, however that looks (if it's even possible).

18. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

While I like my MP Magnus just fine, I can totally see why some fans do not. First off, is the face/head.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The MP head looks fat, face being so tiny, with all that helmet mass around it. I believe they intentionally bulked up the helmet to better match his body. Which brings me to my next complaint...

MP Magnus is very chuncky. Look at how thick his arms and legs are. Not like the more streamlined heroic proportions many other MP figures seem to have.
    [​IMG]

I happen to think that his knee section look ugly. Yes, I know about positioning the white parts to sit closer to the leg, which helps a little.

I hear people complain about the ugly sprue marks on his forearms. Those can be easily taken care of, however.

But despite those complaints, I still really like the figure. I don't think that a 3rd Party Not Magnus is very much needed, but who knows? Maybe one will show up, and will look amazing. There are some upcoming not-MP figures that are repeating characters that were officially made already. Grimlock, and the Seeker mold. They will more than likely try to improve upon the official iterations.

I know that we as fans don't like the idea of buying the same product over and over again. But that's what companies try to make us, the consumer, do. Milk us for all we're worth. All of our figures can theoretically be improved upon, and be made better.

Attached Files:

19. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    If I had to nitpick about Magnus, I would mention his ass flap. That's aboot it.

He looks extremely toon accurate, he can carry the cars and such in/on his trailer. S'all good in the hood for me.

I mention this on the reg, but seriously .. Give us MP Arcee. She hasn't been done already, and in fact, she would be the second Masterpiece styled fembot we would receive .. That is, say, if FT decided to do her and finished her before Road Rage... Then she would be our first!! :) 

She could have some nice repaint/remold potential also.

I also would love a proper sized chug-ly Windblade (not the midget has to gave us - though I did love the Sarah Stone Takara deco enough to buy her).

20. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Definitely in favor of a 3rd party MP/big leader Magnus.

There is much about MP Magnus that I like, but I really wish he was a bit smaller.

And I would love to see a different face. Maybe it's because of the movie comic adaption, but I remember Magnus having bigger, more squared eyes.

Actually, no. It's not bad, but I have figures of the same size or bigger that are far more posable than Magnus. Compared to the FT Dinobots, Maketoys Utopia and MP Star Saber, he's limited.
    Again, no. In the show Magnus was shown to be a bit taller than Optimus or Rodimus, about a head taller. MP Magnus is taller than that.
    missing not, but there is something...off about his head. Definitely the least succesful headsculpt of the (new) MP line.
    agreed there. The red is good, although all his colors are bit bland compared to other MP like MP-10.