Third Party toys recommendation

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by jjeon, Sep 8, 2014.

1. jjeon

jjeon New Member

Hey all , first time posting here. Recently I've gained quite an interest in third party figures, particularly Perfect Effect's Aranea and RC. The amount of poseability and accessories really blew my mind which leads me here to ask for some recommendations for figures of the same category ( high poseability )

Right now I'm looking at MMC's Azalea but I'm sure there are way more out there. Thanks for helping out!

2. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Should post this in the 3rd party section.

3. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Depends on whether you are looking for good toys in general or toys of a certain style/aesthetic.Fansproject,Fans Toys,Toyworld are generally making good toys

4. jjeon

jjeon New Member

Well good toys in general. Perhaps less of those blocky transformers and more of the sleek ball jointed limbs type

5. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Check out the crown jewel thread, lots of discussion about the bests of bests there.

But the quick n dirty list of common mentions is:

Warden, Rex, Hexatron, Quakewave, GreenGiant, SmartRobin. All universally praised and theirs plenty more many people would put next to em. So I dunno pick whatever interests you most and you'll be good to go.

I honestly wouldn't recommend Aranea as a first 3p figure (despite being quite fond of her myself), she'll likely give you a bad first impression as she's quite a delicate figure that requires careful handling and patience with regards to her somewhat finicky transformation. Not to mention she's heavy on the partsforming. A beautiful figure but not the most newcomer friendly.

Sounds like you are after the sleeker more "collector figure" looking stuff so FansProject and Maketoys products are probably what will grab you the most. And of course Warden. PE's stuff has been consistently good but Warden is just, he's kind of amazing.

6. CrovaxNL

CrovaxNL Well-Known Member

I have PE's RC en Aranea and they are gorgeous. Especially Aranea, she has a beautiful paint job. But like Aza said; they are quite delicate and have partsforming. Articulation wise they are astounding. There are very few bots that have an ab crunch.
    If you don't mind partsforming and like accessories PE's Scouting/Assault Force X is also very nice. They also have insane poseability for such tiny bots. It's quite old though and can be hard to find. Also some people have a problem with their tiny size but I really like them. They have a lot of personality.

MMC's feralcons are very high quality and also quite poseable.