Third Party Beast figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Verno, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Beast Wars

Do you think 3rd Party companies are missing a great opportunity in not producing any Beast Wars related items?

Personally I think there would be a great uptake of them.

Reproduction Missiles: For the likes of Scorponok, whose red missiles are hard to come by. They might even be able to produce a Bee-Claw that fires properly!

Additional Weaponry: We saw at different time throughout the show that the characters carried different weaponry. Depth Charge and Rampage are two examples of figures that could be made even greater with some of the additional weaponry they were seen using in the show.

But of most importance of all... New Heads!

Replacement Heads: I'd personally love to have a set of Original figures that came without the bane of the Mutant Masks. Imagine an screen accurate head for Rhinox, Dinobot and Blackarachnia! With ball joint, they'd be easy to replace is some instances too!

I'm sure I'm not alone in my desire to see the 3rd Parties give a nod to Beast Wars.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Absolutely. The focus on ONLY G1 is annoying.

3. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 This is noise

As a BW lover I admit yessss I of course being a huge fan of Dinobot would want want a 3rd party of him with the weponery he has in coming of the fuzors p1 and p2

4. Verno

News Credits:
    Yes! Great example!

I'm a big Rhinox fan myself, so I'd love a set of Chain-Guns for him! And of course the obvious one, a pistol for Transmetal Rattrap!

5. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 This is noise

This may sound stupid but a gun for TM cheetor too and a part you can put on rhinox to make him look battle damaged like in… um I can't think of the episode but you could see his wiring in his chest

6. Verno

News Credits:
    Feral Scream Part 1 - TM Cheetor is shown using a huge-ass Sniper rifle. I think that's the only time he uses anything of the like in his TM form.

Who wouldn't want to be able to recreate this scene:
    [​IMG]

7. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 This is noise

Some one with no comen sense :lol 

8. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I'd looked into several of these with some of the shapeways modelers around - wasn't financially feasible for me a year or two ago...may have to revisit the idea

9. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, Yes, and definitely Yes!! Although BW was after my time I've since discovered the show and the middle of the road (in most cases) toys and agree that 3rd party is missing the boat in not putting out product for this show. And if you consider many of the collectors here were cutting their baby teeth around the time that BW was still on TV... there's a whole generation of nostalgia fueled people here waiting for new(ish) toys!!

10. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Why 3rd Parties feel replicating obscure scenes from the original cartoon and Hearts of Steel are more profitable than the ever popular Beast Wars, Animated, and even Movieverse is beyond me.

I'd love for SOMEONE to update Beast Wars. Preferably Hasbro so I could actually afford them, but I'd be content with 3rd Party since people here would undoubtedly take lots of amazing photos of them.

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Fucking say no more! THIS!

Seriously, there IS a market for Beast wars upgrades, heads, or hell even original figures. Don't tell me these 3rd part companies couldn't produce a bad ass Beast figure.

I'd be ALL over a 3rd party Beast figure.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Verno

News Credits:
    I knew I wouldn't be alone in my craving for some Beast Wars items.

Perhaps if/when Perfect Effect get around to releasing more details on the Lio Convoy and Big Convoy they announced at the end of last year they can gauge public support for the series, even though BC and LC aren't exactly what we're wanting.

13. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

It's been said before, but I'll say it now. Yesssss. I would love some 3rd party Beast Wars stuff.

14. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's kinda funny when you think about it. One of the first few third party add on kits was for a beast wars toy (Unicron.com Golden Disk set). We haven't seen anything BW since.

15. Verno

News Credits:
    And a great set it is too! They're almost impossible to find now.

I bought one from BBTS, and it came with 2 Vok Disks. I emailed them and they sent me a Voyager Disk. What to do with a 2nd Vok disk? I turned it into a pendant to wear and secretly worship those floating Skull-Gods from Nexus Zero!

16. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    Hell yes! Honestly, I'm tired of all the G1 love. By Hasbro and 3P. It's about time for Beast Wars to return.

There a number of characters I'd like to see get more screen accurate toys. Airazor, Blackarachnia, Rhinox. Heck, I'd like to see the entire cast redone Masterpiece style in perfect scale to each other.

I'd even like to see the 3rd parties make other versions of existing characters. For example, TM Scorponok. He only got a McD's toy. I'd like to see a deluxe or voyager version done. I wonder what his 3rd mode would be. Or maybe TM1 Dinobot? He didn't even get past concept art. Or how about taking a character never got another figure, like Polar Claw? That guy was such a badass figure. I'd love to see a TM version. They could even make him a beastmaster as well. Take his bat drone, turn it into a triple changer. Bat, chestplate, and gun. Or even take G1 and other characters and turn them into BW figures. BW Sixshot anyone? BW Erector. BW Bulkhead. BW Arcee. BW Rodimus. BW Knockout. BW Blackout. BW Guiltar. etc.

Or even original 3rd party BW-inspired figures. Think of all the animals that never got a Transformer based on them. Or Fuzors or Transmetals or combiners. Just let them go nuts. Cross a gorilla with a rhino. Make a TM elephant baseformer. Take the original MMPR Megazord and use the same animals, same combination scheme, same colors, but make each of them able to transform into robot modes and make them in the same ascetic as BW.

17. Verno

News Credits:
    Well I'm glad the idea has everyone excited. The trouble is, how do we generate that enthusiasm into pressure on someone like Perfect Effect?

I can't even find an email address for PE to get in contact with them...

18. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I'd buy a 3P Dinobot & Rhinox instantly.

19. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got lucky. I have a friend who is selling me his TM Megatron with the set. I love it.

20. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Hell yeah!
    Bring on additional weaponry, more show-accurate heads for the original figures and entirely new toys of characters like Blackarachnia and Rhinox.

Bring it!