Third-Party AOE Leader Optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Ra88, Dec 26, 2016.

1. captain N

captain N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He looks like a Gundam. Not a Transformer.

2. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    hmm, sentinel prime level backpack I bet.

3. transgeek2345

transgeek2345 Well-Known Member

I respect your opinion, but seeing this design, this is a grade above the AoE line, and that says a whole lot about all the other figures that will be released in this line as well. I was thinking of either keeping or selling my AoE Optimus Prime and decided to hold off until I saw the Last Knight OP, and now that I have I think I will sell it and wait in anticipation for this figure.

Oh I hope not. Not that I hve anything against them, it's just that since this design (and from what I can infer the engineering) of this figure says alot about the line as a whole. And if its third party, all we have to look forward to is the premier figure which sends a bad omen over the Last Knight line.

4. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Optimus does not look like that.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

I don't know, it looks too smooth for shapeways. Also. THAT would be a rather expensive shapeways piece!

Pfft... "He looks like a Gundam, Not a Transformer." I'm guessing he will be put together like a model kit.

Hmmm... he does look abit too blocky, This Prime needs to be... i don't know, more curved in the chest?

6. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

So is your complaint with the design or with the toy itself? I don't disagree with you, I feel like AoE was trying to mimic TFP's stylized aesthetic (which I already dislike) too much, which really doesn't work in live-action. And for whatever reason, the concept art itself sometimes was better, like Prime at least having wheels in his ankles, and how Drift actually had his doors form his shoulder armor. And for whatever reason, these were removed in favor of... generic non-vehicle mechanical details. Hell, Sentinel kept at least 60% of his vehicle kibble while still having the "knight" aesthetic, so the new Optimus really shouldn't be lacking virtually 90% of his vehicle mode. (Not even a single wheel!)

...But you can't deny that this is a much better representation of OP's redesign than anything we got in AoE. The toy is trying to work with an impossible design without breaking the laws of physics, after all. (And it's doing a better job than AoE did)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Prime Wylde

Prime Wylde Candy Coated

News Credits:
    I want those leader scale blades.

8. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Uh, Yes he does.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Novus

Novus Homestuck Convert

News Credits:
    Yeah no. Gundams have far more smoothness to them, this is an abomination.

• Like Like x 1
  10. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Very interesting .

11. Deductor

Deductor Banned

If I was still for movie toys I\'d be pumped for this. Looks great. Best Knight OP so far, apart from the thousand dollar statues or dmk 

12. Rakored6978

Rakored6978 The Awesome

Ebay:
    Remember this IS JUST a PROTOTYPE. It is subject to much change and redesign.

13. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Cautiously optimistic, but if this is legitimate, I'd say that's a TF2007 —> ROTF leap right there. It's not one hundred percent on target, but that's essentially impossible with his design. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I hope that Takara makes this toy looks even better, that shoulders looks meh but not bad. I REALLY HOPE IT'S OFFICIAL AND IT TRANSFORMS, because.......

HE MAKES THE ENTIRE AOE'S LINE BULLS***.

15. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If it is, i hope they remade the entire part of the neck.

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Frankly I think AoE was a flaming pile of garbage because I despise the Dinobots (overrated), half the line was shellforming crap, and one of the commonly praised figures; Evasion mode Optimus, is something I legit think is too flawed for its good points to come out on top (and yes, I do own it - it's the Evolutions version that came with the far superior 2006 Classics Prime repaint). Yes, I may be biased in this, but when my standard is still set to meet the level of what the first movie put out, this toy is still a failure in my eyes because it doesn't actually look like a robot that turns into a truck without copious amounts of shellforming, purely in a first impression sense but I also don't like this hamhanded knights idiocy either so maybe this design is never going to impress me regardless.

There is a third possibility and that is this isn't a transforming figure to begin with. Articulated maybe but it isn't the first time a Transformers action figure in the movie line couldn't actually transform.

Yes to both.

I don't think you understand just how much I despise AoE. There is not a single goddamn thing I thought was a good idea in that shitshow and Prime's awful redesign is chief among them. Nothing will make me like that abomination. Nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

... And maybe the arms to be more... accurate? Either way if Takara retools this mold, it would mean later on Hasbro will use it in a future redeco, right?

18. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    That looks... off. I mean, it's been compressed and blown up to hell, but still everything's flat and angular (what's up with the belly?), and it sorta looks like somebody built up on an existing figure than having engineered a full new (transforming) toy.

19. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Hm. The torso is too short and not nearly curvy enough, but it's surprisingly accurate in it lacking much identifiable vehicle kibble. That kibble on his forearms makes me think it is meant to transform. If it is a real Hasbro figure, then it's pretty impressive. However, I fear it might turn out to be a giant figure, that doesn't scale with anything, like Powersurge Optimus Prime.

20. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, the arms in the movie (before the knight version) were Just plain beside the classic paint