Third Bike Sister

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Dec 27, 2009.

1. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not only that, they have great play value. My niece finally has some girl characters to use when she plays with my nephew, and they have great fun with them.

2. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Any clue on a release date?

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Thank you for more of your rambling. I love hearing people throwing about the word "probably," whilst telling me to "start using my brain." Because your half-assed speculation is EXACTLY what I was looking for. :rolleyes: 

I want fewer shit TFs made. Too difficult a concept for you?

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    2 letters

N
    O

5. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    dude, as always you just made my fucking day! a shit day at work...read this and got a smile on my face....

6. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    Oh, calm down. :crazy:  It's just a discussion thread.

:horse:  No one will ever call her one single name. I know someone who calls her Moonracer, I call her Flareup, and now Hasbro calls her Elita. BFD.

If Flareup doesn't get a new mold... then she'd have to be a cross between the two previos bikers.

Arcee's cycle mode, repainted, but a combo of the robot modes. I.e. Chromia's wheel alignment and normal arm, Arcee's blade arm, torso.

That'd be interesting to see...

7. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

I really hope she does, I'm looking forward to adding more "female" transformers to my collection.

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Hmm I seem to be the only one who likes the bike sisters for some reason. I have a thing for bizzare looking transformers like them and movie Rampage, I´m considering buying a second Chromia to give to Revy as a ride. Oh well more for me.

Oh and Sledge, Jazz was not really THAT bad..(bunny ears, silly hands, chuncky....ah well at least at a cool car mode...).

9. Covenant

Ebay:
    Thank you kindly.

However that's nine letters, a number, a space & three taps of the return key.

:) 

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Just be thankful he spelled it right.

11. Chopperface

News Credits:
    DAAAAY-UMMM! Ouch, but true.

I like them. :p  Chromia in particular, and Arcee was unique!

12. NothingHead

News Credits:
    Oh, yes. That's much too hard. Can you explain it better for me?

13. Covenant

Ebay:
    While what makes a TF toy 'shitty' is overwhelmingly subjective, I think that's a very fair enough statement. Even though I tend to try and embrace the saddest of shelfwarmers as misfits to be endeared into the collection on occasion, there does seem to be a growing wave of crappier toys as the months go by, year after year. There's some gems to be sure, but still.

14. NothingHead

News Credits:
    I disagree. I think the issue is that the bar keeps getting raised. We're getting better and better toys, and that makes the steps back, even the tiny, arguably subjective ones that much more glaring. The first movie line was pretty damn good, and the second film totally whomped it. The Animated toys were the most accurate TF toys to date in both modes, and the Masterpiece line are like transforming sculptures.

The Arcee sisters are meant to have a huge, multi-robot gimmick, and totally unorthodox robot modes; of course their toys are going to be all over the place in terms of design. And it could have been much, much worse. So be thankful; we could have gotten this guy:

[​IMG]

15. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Don't remind me. Every night I lay awake wondering why we weren't good enough to deserve Sharpwheel McPunchfist.

16. Chopperface

News Credits:
    He reminds me of a Cyber Slammer.

17. Covenant

Ebay:
    That's a nice way to look at it. Again, it's all subjective. Animated was a great line, fantastic in its show-to-toy transition/design. And sure there were a lot of good movie toys. But my biggest gripe I guess is the lack of playability. Why? Not sure, I don't really collect for play, haven't played with a TF since I was a kid, I prefer them as display items. Maybe its my son. A big issue many of the toys seem to have is the inability to lock the kibble, so to speak. You touch a leg to move it and something flaps around while another piece comes unlocked. Move an arm and the entire back becomes unpegged, etc. I mean, I'm happy as hell for accuracy or just a decent looking toy since I'm all about positioning it and leaving it be, but these are suppose to be for kids who enjoy playing, and many items in the line today don't hold up. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

Oh, it could always be worse. But as a lifetime consumer, while I do love the toys broadly, the mentality of "this one's subpar, but we could've given you a total pile of plastic shit so smile and take it" doesn't sit well.

Now pardon me whilst I await the delivery of my MP Grimlock. :) 

18. NothingHead

News Credits:
    He reminds me of those robots from Babbages and Radioshack that would eat pennies.

19. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reading my back my initial post, maybe I was coming off a bit too strong, too much of a smartass. Maybe that triggered your response - and in return, I mistakenly view your post as some kind of jackassery, causing me to bite back). I have my reasons why my posts (subconsciously) come off so strong (insulting even?), but fact is, I started it I think. This wasn't my intention, so my apologies.

Still, I'm with my statement.

Probably, yes, because until it's released, nobody can say for sure, but seeing how far that design made it into the movie production process (animatics), there's no way Hasbro wouldn't be working with it. So this probably is more like a 99% chance.

I don't think my speculation is half-assed at all.
    'Using your brain' doesn't just mean something like 'accept the facts'. These are not facts. It can also mean to think for yourself, come to logical conclusions using the information you have now.
    Articulation, looks..you can get a pretty decent idea of what it will all end up if you look at the existing two molds (and the art).. I really, really don't think the third mold will be so radically different, it's totally going to change the entire combination in a way we weren't expecting.

Anyway, It seems to me you're not too keen on (most) movie designs anyway, so why await what could end up being the most bizarre and crazy one of the whole line? I think it's going to end in disappointment.

20. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Same here.

But again, I'm much more partial to a Scrapper, Hightower or Overload figure first.