Thinking of Streaming: As I am broke

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Tigran, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Okay.. So as some of you may know, I'm trying to get on disability. However until then I am completely and utterly broke, and have no money what so ever.

So I'm thinking of streaming for a bit of revenue.

1) I know it won't make me a lot.. won't ever be to the point of Markiplier or any of the big guys.. I accept that and honestly don't care, as this is for fun as much as it is hopefully to get a tiny bit of revenue to at least pay for my Mom's chair *after all.. until I get disability, she's footing all the bills.*

2) So with that out of the way... Any games in particular anyone here would like to see streamed? If possible I'd prefer to not be a subscription based game, as I don't have the 15 bucks a month.

If anyone is interested, just let me know. If not.. I'll just do whatever crap I feel like! :) 

2. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I've known a few people who either went into, or were thinking about streaming. The number one question I asked them:

Why should I watch you over everyone else available?

It's a pretty saturated market. When you do start, don't expect to be making money any time soon. You have to be getting a pretty decent steady number of viewers, and go through some work to get partnered and actually make any cash.

Find something unique or at least niche, and make it your own. No ones gonna watch the 124235th guy playing League or CS.

3. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Hah. I am already aware of that.. Besides.. I suck donkey balls at League and CS... and Hearthstone. Hell if I was streaming those, it would litterally be a "Sucks at this!" stream.

No.. I'm broke... so it has to be some older stuff. My thought was first some maybe more Niche JRPGs on the PS3 or some retro games from the Nintendo catalog.

But you are right, the question is why watch me.... And that's one thing I am trying to work on -before- I start. I want to get ideas of what people, at least in my circle *so to speak* would like to see so that I could hopefully grow from there.

4. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Play one of those ******edly broken games like Surgeon Simulator or Goat Simulator.

5. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope you've got boobs. Your plan won't work otherwise.