Thinking of a BASEBALL related trip...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by My03Tundra, Aug 15, 2008.

1. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I have a friend who's gotten me interested and is bringing me into baseball some. I've gone to several D-Backs games, and a local Tucson Sidewinders game and have enjoyed them.

BUT, he is trying to get me to fly and I hate to fly. Not that I'm scared, I'm just not a fan of it. Even before 9-11 I was treated like I could've been Osama bin Laden. No joke. Other then a beard, there isn't much of a resemblance. I had to stop at security once going to pickup my sister-in-law. I had to showe my phone, and PDA, would work. Meanwhile my MOM with an old SWITCHBLADE knife in her purse went on through without a problem. A SWITCHBLADE knife. Yikes.

So, I know and can prepare for such obstacles, but here is what I was considering. I'd like to see a Boston Red Socks game and fly from Tucson to Boston. From there I'm thinking of flying down to (or near) Wake Forest, NC and then on down the a small town outside of Richmond, VA. The last two would be mainly to see some friends, but I'd like to incorporate some baseball with them. I've thought of seeing a Richmond Braves game. Any other suggestions or alternate routes?

2. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I would skip the Richmond Braves game. This is the last year of existence for the franchise here in VA because Mayor Wilder was unwilling to try to work out keeping the team here and building a new stadium. As it stands, that ballpark is widely regarded as one of the worst in the sport and isn't really built for a fan-friendly feel. If you go to Fenway Park for a game, I'm betting you'd regret seeing the Richmond Braves immediately afterwards.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Wow, you're mom carries a switchblade?

That's awesome!

Whatever you do, have a safe one

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The Red Socks? What's wrong with you?

5. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd try and go to a Yankees game before they move to the new stadium next year. I did that this year and it was quite the experience to go to the House that Babe Built.

While in NC, if you can make a trip to Durham, make sure you catch a Durham Bulls game. Yes, Bull Durham was that awesome of a movie. :D 

For the Red Sox, get tickets as early as possible. You're probably better going to another stadium to catch a Red Sox game. :lol 

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree with RW I would be more inclined to visit Yankee stadium before they shut it down, not to mention Red Sox tix are generally sold out and expensive.

7. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees

Let me know if you need tickets :D 

8. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I love the Red Sox, and I'd love to see a game at Fenway. The Rockies, Red Sox, and Astros are my top teams - I've been to Coors Field several times, saw an Astros game at the old Astrodome (still need to make it to Minute Maid), so only Fenway is left.

But as much as I hate the Yankees, it would be cool to see a game in Yankee Stadium before they tear it down. It's hard to think that much history is going down the drain.

9. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Another reason for you to fly out.

10. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

It'll have to be next season. Most of my expense money in the next few months is going to be used to fly my sister out from PA for a week or so in October. But it's definitely on the long term plan.

11. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recently had a business trip that took me to Boston and New York. I saw a game at Fenway....for free no less...heh...and that experience was amazing. Everyone there was so focused on the game. No BS find the baseball under the baseball caps on the jumbotron, no cheer squad slingshoting shirts into stands just baseball.

The next week I went to Yankee Stadium and saw a game there. It was just nice being in the stadium before they move to the new park. I got there late and wanted to beat the subway rush so I didn't get to walk around much.

I'm trying to hit every stadium but I'm still a long way off of that goal.

12. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Sweet!

13. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

Durham Bulls would be very cool because of the movie.

If can get farther north than Richmond, you can hit Washington, Baltimore and Philadelphia in the span of three days (if their schedules line up). All three have very nice stadiums.

14. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

As much as I hate the Giants, you have to see a game at AT&T Park in SF. And if you're in cali, you might as well go to Dodger Stadium and see a game. They don't call it blue heaven for nothing.

15. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, the one time I went to Fenway was for free too. :D 

It was back in 2000 when the A's were up there. I went because my now wife/then girlfriend had free tickets from her college. We sat in right field in front of the giant Dunkin Donuts board.

I had on my A's gear and was cheering hard. No one paid any attention to me because a dude sitting two rows behind me had a Yankees cap on. :lol 

16. Shakira

Shakira Well-Known Member

It may be out of the way but come west. You can see the Manram show at Dodger stadium. The stadium is great and there is no voice quite like the voice of summer Vin Scully.Then you can hit Anaheim stadium and catch a Angels game (I hate the Angels Btw) but I wil admit they are good. Then you can go up north to Candlestick park (Giants) or see the Oakland A's or go south to Petco Park (Padres) just my 2 cents. :O)

17. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really REALLY wanted to go see Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium before they get torn down.

Oh well :( 

18. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Psst, the Giants dont play at Candlestick anymore. :D  The Manram show is worth the price of admission! I saw it in SF last weekend!

19. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I'm going to ignore that...

Any day the Yankees, or Dodgers, lose a game is a good day. :D 

I'd FLY to NY to see a Yankees game before I'd go to LA to see the Dodgers. My friend keeps wanting me to go to see a game there. He was one of the many who went to the game at the Colosseum.

He also went to SF for his anniversary (he's a photo-whore, showed me MANY photos) and went to a Giants game and the other team who's name is escaping me. Sorry.

I'd love to go to SF, but if I were to fly, I'd rather fly to New York for a Yankees game (hell, the stadium is historic, and a MUST see) or to Boston for Red Sox game. The idea of the Durham Bulls is awesome, and a good suggestion. From there I could drive down to Wake Forest and then on down to Raleigh area and fly out from there back home.