Think it's still possible to include more fembots in IDW?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Jul 6, 2013.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I know it does seem unlikely to see other fembots other then Arcee in the IDW universe thanks to Furman and his bias against fembots in general. :redface2:  Still do you guys think IDW can probably change their minds about the no fembot rule and find a way to bring the G1 femmes as well as homages to femmes from other universes into it? I know I would because a lot of them have the poteintal to be awesome.

2. Scaldron

Scaldron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe. You'd need a slight retcon of Spotlight: Arcee, to just say Jhiaxus tortured/experimented on her, leaving her unstable or something, and that other fembots have always existed (Chromia even cameoed in Megatron Origin, so), but you could do it.

(or say Jhiaxus made ALL fembots, but that's really kinda dumb)

3. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    I have a lot of opinions on this, but the short answer is no.

I want more female characters, but I don't want any more of this "experimental weirdo" nonsense.

4. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'm up for more fembots

5. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I really don't care anymore. I don't need fembots in it and I don't feel the need to shove them in the story for no good reason other than fanwank and to have some fans fap over them.

The continuity has been fine withou them. I seriously don't get the sudden urge to "WE MUST HAVE MORS DEMBOTS IN IDW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!!"

6. Baron Prime

Baron Prime Well-Known Member

well Arcee, was the first, wasn't she?

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Of course it's possible.

But it probably won't happen.

8. AdyCarter

AdyCarter Mentalist Conspiracies

Possible yeah, but I'd reckon unlikely.

Its pretty much established now that IDW Transformers are a genderless society and their relationships have been established to exist regardless of gender.

Arcee is simply an experiment to introduce gender that will probably be left as that.

Theres no reason a Chromia or Elita1 can't exist, as they're all genderless, they can just be styled in a less masculine way, without actually having an experimental gender grafted onto them.

9. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Arcee was the first.

Never said she was the last.

10. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    Do we know the gender [for lack of better term] of the "fan choice" character? Not sure which title it stars in anyway.

I'm sure more 'Fembots' could be added by some divine plan Jhiaxus is working from, or some convoluted discovery that curvy bots, combiners, and techno organics existed in ancient pre history, and he just wanted to make his own.
    Hell, ore 15 could be the gender-bender.

Regardless, it's such a touchy subject for the main comic post-Arcee, I wouldn't be surprised if IDW are evasive of the issue. Other series have the luxury of 'not going there', and leave the Pandora's Box well shut on the abstract issue of isolated machines without biological sexes, (or for the most part, genders), having ideal masculine and feminine physical characteristics that parallel ours for no reason other than audience identification. Its just accepted that that's how Cybertronians are, varied.

Robot sexes really are almost as absurd as the Cybertronian modes with cockpits/cabs issue. But it helps not to question either.

I still don't really know what was done to Arcee to make a separate 'gender', anyway. Form and colour were changed, and there was some obvious lasting trauma, kinda like Shockwave...
    Is it literally possible to have a one-person gender?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  11. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  12. ss4steve

ss4steve Rogue Phase Sixer

Out of curiosity I pulled up the Spotlight Arcee issue and gave it a full read through( its been a while).

The gender explanation is simplistically made in a 4 panel "blurb".

To retcon this and "bury" it as a warped Arcee "perspective" thing would be incredibly easy to do.

Can you say "Spotlight Jhiaxus?"

13. fryguy81

fryguy81 Rungover

Ebay:
    I think it's possible and without retconning much. The big thing is that we still have Jhiaxus and in the upcoming Dark Cybertron event that he seems to be apart of, we could have him have a strike team of female cybertronians. He could say that he was impressed with his "prototype" exceeding his ambitions with her ability and blood thirstiness and so he creates a hit squad of them. There you go, Elita-1, Chromia, Firestar, Moonbeam, hell even Slipstream.

They go against Arcee (the prototype) and they betray the creator and then you have upcoming stories of them trying to find a place on Cybertron and the Cybertronians coming to grips with this new group of genders.

14. ArmoredSwampert

ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

Only if they're actually well written. Nothing I hate more than poorly-written characters inserted to appeal to demographic.

15. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

No. Fembots.

16. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    It's definitely possible, Jhiaxus could have very well made some fembots from scratch at one point or the other. Maybe locked them up in storage somewhere to be let free.

17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That can work. Or maybe some Autobot scientist actually use some of Arcee's DNA to make clones as well as mix some other DNA to make fully female Cybertronians as a means to keep Cybertronian life alive through reproduction.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I would love more fembots, and not just the ones that are basically just human women with minor ammounts of kibble. Gimme all the femmies. There's seriously some critically underdeveloped girls out there that need comic time more than freaking Waspinator of all guys.

The only problem with that is the timeframe, since Jhiaxus spent a while getting murderized over and over, plus said murderizing probably would keep him from ever even thinking about making any other "Arcees."

I mean why, if Jhiaxus is petrified of his own creation, would he ever consider making more?

Frankly I really just wish that we could retcon that whole nonsense about Arcee being the only fembot away completely. That's, like, ebarrassingly bad writing that doesn't even deserved to be mentioned outside calling it out for how ridiculously awful it is.

19. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    The whole origional plot was stupid to begin with. Furman really screwed up there.

My opinion, anyway. Someone out there might like it.

20. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would say it is theorectical but should writers do this is big no. I don't want any more fembots just because they are female. To me the Cybertronian race Androgynous in appearance there is no need for genders.