Things you hate about the TF franchise

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by tfparodies, Apr 26, 2014.

1. IoriYagami288

IoriYagami288 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I really hate how the fandom complains that a non-transforming action figure of Transformers character (eg. EM Gokin, Oritoy, Sentinel's Mega/Black Zarak, Revoltech) doesn't transform, it's really annoying. If they want one that does, there are lots to choose from like Masterpiece or Classics etc. Besides, HasTak probably don't want them to.

2. Slingshot

Slingshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love Beast Machines. Beast Wars had good stories, but the characters were too comedic for my tastes. Beast Machines did what Prime failed at.
    I don't get the hate with Beast Machines. "EVERYTHING HAS TO BE THE SAME" is a bad argument. Beast Machines was unique and it's one of my all time favorite Transformers shows.

3. GoLion

GoLion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beast Machines is a good show. I mean, it dealt with some heavy stuff. The whole subplot with Rhinox was really interesting.

I do remember watching and not liking beast machines when it first started, though. I think it was the reason I quit collecting for a while. Thankfully Armada came around and got it's hooks into me. It was silly but it really reminded me of G1. And it was cool to hear Peter Cullen's voice attached to anything transformers in a long time.

4. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 !sdrawkcab si egassem sihT

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Tumblr:
    Perhaps, but you still have to deal with the worst kid appeal of all time, Nightscream. "Whaa! I'm the only survivor!" "But I'm also a loner and I don't need anyone!"

And then there's the dreadful character designs.

5. Shadowwavepool7

Shadowwavepool7 Star Seeker

Let's not forget edgy Silverbolt and evil Rhinox.

6. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Tumblr:
    And wimpy Rattrap and hippie Primal.

7. hyruk

hyruk Genericon

I hate how some fans exgerrate MTMTE that it is the best comic series ever.Itz not like i hate it,The story is pretty good but when you try to jump in to comics discussion and see that its all MTMTE being discussed everywhere,It kimda get annoying.I means its like besides MTMTE ,All other comics are just generic fictions that should be taken seriously.

just that >_>

8. Slingshot

News Credits:
    "Hippy" Oh boy...
    Rhinox's betrayal contributed emotion to the show, and was pretty dark. Prime never had an emotional twist like that, nor did Animated (Blackarachnia technically doesn't count since she was mutated).
    Nightscream was a little annoying, but then again, every show has an annoying character.
    Overall, the entire idea of a Techno-Organic world was fascinating and of all the Transformers shows I've seen, Beast Machines is the most thought provoking and I like that.

9. GoLion

GoLion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're saying Prime, but you mean Primal.
    Primal's characterization was really different compared to that of beast wars. I don't ever recall him being spiritual. In the slightest. So I still dislike that about the show.

Rhinox can be explained away by the machinations of Megatron. Rattrap, I thought, acted pretty in character in the first few episodes. I mean, he was a weapons guy without weapons. That's bound to leave a mark on the guy, but as time progressed he became more the character I remembered from beast wars.

Again, "dark edgy" Silverbolt can also be explained, He was violated. He didn't handle the violation well, his primary goal was to get rid of megatron before he could feel like himself again.

I also liked the techno-organic aspect as well. Especially since there was some precedence from G1.

You're not wrong.

10. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Tumblr:
    Agreed.

He was, Primal was more concerned with his vision quests then about finding his friends. I'm sorry, but how long was it before he decided to even TRY and find the others? Rather, he spent episode apon episode preaching about "finding the balance" and "stopping the machine". But BM Primal seems to forget that he was a machine only a few stellarcycles ago, making him something of a hypocrite.

BM message in general was waaaay too heavy handed at times, feeling like the writers wanted to force their views out rather than take a more subtle route. And then there was the visuals, the idea to set the show wholey on Cybertron was a bad one (in my opinion) as, being a planet wide city, it formed a very monotonous grey and blue environment. Towers, towers, streets, streets, pipes, streets, signs, sewers, towers, pipes, streets... It didn't help that it was a perpetual night, creating a very dark dystopian future atmosphere. (I am so sick of dystopian futures)

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That bothered me even more so for Silverbolt since Jetstorm was my favorite character in the show and we lost him and gained a whiny emo piece of shit instead. is it wrong I wished Silverbolt died instead of Rhinox?

12. Slingshot

News Credits:
    No, I meant the Prime cartoon. No Transformers cartoon before, nor after had such an emotional Autobot betrayal. Also, I prefer Rattrap's BM design to his BW design.

13. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

See, that was the beauty of it. Optimus adopts this viewpoint after being touched and remade by the Oracle, and he starts driving himself into pretty much taking everything the Oracle says as absolute law and striving to restore the organic element. And in the process, as even his own teammates point out, he gets far too obsessed with the Oracle's visions/statements for his own good.

I think it was SPLIT LIP who summed it up nicely, in pointing out that Primal had wound up becoming just as delusional and fanatical as Megatron but in the opposite way, what with being obsessed with the Oracle and organic life instead of technology and a single mind, and that he himself eventually realizes how far he'd let himself be sucked into his dream that he'd wound up missing the point entirely.

What other world can there be with Megatron at the helm? Besides, BM came around fifteen years ago, and I don't think (though I could be wrong) dystopian futures were as commonplace back then.

14. Slingshot

News Credits:
    The writers wanted Optimus to become Eco-crazy, and then realize that it was wrong. I think it made him have more faults and then be relatable. At one time we've all gone to extreme to promote our ideas.

15. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

That's what happens when the showrunner tells them not to bother doing any research or try and keep anyones characterizations consistant with the previous show, despite it being a direct sequel. But their is a reason the DC fandom refers to him as Dan Didiot. Dude almost killed of Nightwing on a whim due to not bothering to know who he is.

And the whole organic thing was stupid. It's Robots in Disguise, not Organic things turning into organic things. Apparently in order for life to have full meaning it has to be organic.

BM had it's strong points, but these weren't them. Well except the Rhinox thing, that was handled well.

16. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Tumblr:
    Didn't the same thing happen with Toddler Titans Go! ? The creators didn't bother to look at the source material? Some writers just need to swallow their pride and work with what was laid before them, rather than trying to start fresh, especially with sequels.

P.s. I didn't care for TTG or TT, I was just using it as an example.

17. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Yeah, it's one thing if your trying to do a reboot, or a re-imagining, but if it's supposed to be a direct sequel...

The Teen Titans Go thing really pissed off the Teen Titans fans, since they'd been campaining so hard, and supporting Teen Titans coming back so much. It wasn't the chibi styling that upset them either...

18. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    I think the idea of six million years of war in G1 is ridiculous. I mean, in all that time one side wasn't able to come up with something and crush the other side? Or they didn't say "this is bullshit. Let's declare victory and go home?"

19. SilverBlade

SilverBlade Well-Known Member

I hated absolutely everything about Beast Machines.

The transformation sequences, Primal becoming some cyber-religious extremist, Rhinox acting completely out of character, Rattrap going from a witty New Yorker to a completely whiny teen, and SilverBolt looks like some robotic chicken.

Not to mention...every episode is the same with minor variations: run, hide, right, run, hide, fight, run, hide, run, hide.

Megatron was laughable. They were probably going for some 'Darth Vader' thing but it felt silly. Megatron from Beast Wars was far more menacing.

And turning Cybertron into an organic planet with animal and plant based life? That completely undoes everything from Beast Wars *and* from G1 (not to mention that nowhere in G1 says that Cybertron was once an organic planet).

I have to consider it being an 'alternate universe' than a direct continuation of Beast Wars.

20. Slingshot

News Credits:
    I disagree with you on BW Megatron. That Megaton had a rubber duck. I guess that's what makes a villain enhancing...
    Beast Machines Megatron took over all of Cybertron, converted nearly every Cybertronian into Vehicons, and wiped the entire records clean, something no Megatron has done ever before or after BM. I do agree with you on Darth Vader being silly though.
    I remember reading a post on here that said there was an episode of G1 that hinted at Cybertron being a mixture.