Things that annoy you in multiplayer

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Dec 4, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I've run across several annoying players while in FoC.

Starkformer (I think that's his name the print is too small for me to read even with my glasses on.) a guy I've seen a couple times now who only moves enough so that the game won't boot him for sitting idol. This guy literally does nothing the entire game while his team mates are being killed. If you see this guy I recommend a truce. If you're on the opposing team, don't kill anyone unless they break the truce by shooting you first and just kill this guy repeatedly. I hate being on teams with this guy because my team always ends up loosing when this idiot is standing around doing nothing. I actually got a bunch of people from the other team to follow me to where he was standing once, they killed him... and then killed me... but I thanked them anyway just for killing that guy.

Mic always on but player never talks. There are several people like this. All they do is give feed back that kills my ears and it seems every player who has this feed back problem doesn't give a crap that they're blowing out people's ear drums. Why even have a head set if you're never going to use it for anything other than to annoy people. I always ask them nicely to either turn down their TV because really it just sounds like the speakers from their TV is being picked up by their mic. Or to unplug their mic but they never freaking respond or even acknowledge anyone who's talking to them and sending them private messages to fix their mics. I've only recently discovered that I can mute people like this. For a long time I was turning my head set down so I couldn't hear them of course I couldn't hear people who were actually talking either.

Not quite as annoying as the above but still kind of annoying. Even the people who aren't giving feed back, they have head sets but never use them. Again, what is the point of the head set if you're never going to use it? I'd say only about 10% of people with head sets actually use them. The other 90% wasted their money. I'm not sure how much the head sets cost sense I bought mine from my cousin but I'm guessing that's about $20 they could of given away to charity or something. I can't believe how many people just carelessly throw away their cash on things they never even use.

I don't know the dude's name because again, why is the text in the game so damn small. There was a guy I was on a team with a few days ago. I'm not kidding every other word he said was a racist slur. I don't mind cussing, I don't really believe in "bad words" unless they're being directed as an insult towards someone. This guy was actually pissing me off and actually this is when I discovered I could mute people. The "N" word is the only bad word I will not say because there's no way to say that without being racist and that's the word this guy kept repeating threw the chat. He was calling people that as he killed them and as he got killed and I just didn't want to hear it.

Finally on my list of things that annoy me... realizing how old I am... I heard some kid quoting Beast Wars in the chat and realized this kid wasn't even born yet when Beast Wars aired and as far as I know it wasn't being shown in reruns anywhere so it actually surprised me that he knew who Terrorsaur was. Turns out you can order Beast Wars threw Netflix and that's how he knew the show. Gawd I feel old. Though percentage wise the kids in the chat are by far the least annoying people. Maybe because I'm more annoyed by people who just give feed back, don't do anything in games, and make racist comments than kids who make me feel old. It's amazing that kids are generally seen as immature and needing to learn right from wrong but in video games they actually seem to be the most mature and polite gamers.

2. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    I'm going to be honest, I love it when those who are close to my age act mature and polite, you found a lucky one. But, there are a lot of crying and screaming kids online, which are what doesn't help their reputation. I've met some who are very nice and shrug off a death, I usually put them on my friends list afterwards lol.

3. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That lack of any actual content support from HMS.

what could've been...

4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

One? That's like 75% of the people I run into. I just got to level 15 in every class yesterday BTW... for the second time... I've already unlocked Prime mode.

The only crying and screaming kids I've heard are under the age of 3 and the parent is the one playing the game. In other words the kids are probably crying and screaming because daddy is playing a video game instead of actually paying attention to his kids. Which is actually fine for a little while assuming mom is watching them. But it gets annoying when daddy never gets off the game... ever... I've known a few people like that in real life. My ex has a son with CP and his dad aside from walking out on them because he had CP never did anything except sleep, go to work, come home, and play World of Warcraft. Knew a guy who I think only spent 5 minutes with his kids a day and spent the rest of the time either on the computer or playing X-Box. And to me they were playing the most boring games imaginable. I mean I literally seen him stare at the computer for like 3 hours just waiting for his character on WoW to finish loading into another area in the game. I don't understand how that game does so well when every time I see someone "playing" it they're just standing around doing trivial tasks. I've even tried playing it myself and I get bored within 5 minutes. And some how these boring games that you could literally walk away from and not miss a damn thing are taking priority over living breathing people. Hell my ex even told me that jerk face would rather play WoW than to have fun with her if you know what I mean.

This is the most annoying thing ever. The only reason it wasn't on my original list is because I haven't really encountered this problem with FoC yet. Mostly it seems to be people who play World of Warcraft. Not all of them but when there's two people like that living in the same apartment complex that's worth mentioning. WoW turns people into bad parents... and turns them gay which is the only explanation I can come up with for a person who'd rather play WoW than sleep with his wife.

If I meet anyone like this in FoC then I'll add it to the list. I find it rare to play with anyone over 12 who isn't a total jerk. Kids are just having fun, adults seem to take everything personal. Only played with a couple adults who didn't annoy me or send me hate messages just because I killed them in the game. One guy I played with when we were on opposite teams jokingly said "I'm going to have to kill you now" which is fine, he was one of the nice ones. Most adults I find are more serious than that. There was one game where I could hear someone in chat getting audibly pissed off that he was getting killed so much and I had to tell him "Dude, it's just a game calm down." and this guy was an adult. I find most adults are like that, this guy was just the worst of them because he was just getting increasingly more pissed off as the game went on.

Other adults, they just have negative reactions when they die but it's always the same negative reaction. Kids don't really give a crap weather they're winning or loosing which is generally how I am. I don't even bother to look at my scores most of the time unless I hit a good kill streak and just want to see if I'm beating my own personal score. I don't care what I do in comparison to the other players. I just hope to get more kills than deaths. Usually it's only 1 more kill. I'm not that great a player, aiming is not my strong suit, but I've done worse.

5. Stryyder

Stryyder Just another soldier

What about players who ignore the objective? I've gone over this in other threads, but if you are going to play a certain game type, focus on winning THAT game type.

Ex. - Seeing players respawn on a Conquest game, then run straight past the opposing team's node (which I, and only I, am trying to conquer) just to start shooting up the opponents. Then they die, and the remaining opponets jump in and destroy me and I fail to capture the node.

6. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    when people spam that F@CKING magma frag launcher in wfc.

7. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    You are so freaking lucky most kids/other teens we meet are either incredibly aggressive react to everything that happens. Infinite insults because I killed them.

Or is it just be getting bad luck.

8. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    This honestly has never really bothered me. It isn't a very long range weapon so a Scout with a Null Ray often solves that problem.

9. Stryyder

Stryyder Just another soldier

When players spam the sniper tower in launch, or fly up to the high spots in convoy, during conquest matches. Sitting there WAITING for the other team to MAYBE do something, while the rest of your team is getting throttled because they are outnumbered is not helpful.

10. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

When I have incompetant teammates.

11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

That's exactly why I don't go there. I use to play Unreal Tournament online and actually still have installed on my lap top but rarely play it anymore. Always I use to always play capture the flag matches cause frankly my aim sucks but I'm really good at running into the enemy base, grabbing their flag, and getting my aft back to my own base without getting killed.

Conquest is a "capture the flag" type game but you have to stand on the nodes for far too long before you can take control over them and there's NO ONE ever around to provide cover for me. I have better luck in the Death Match and I suck at it.

Um... actually it IS helpful. I've saved quite a few team mates by playing sniper. Though I only go up there if I have an attack drone on the ground because the heal ability is pretty much useless with no one to heal.

I've also been killed by quite a few snipers which is annoying. Convoy I have learned to always look up at the arch way and make sure it's clear. That's just good strategy. Though it is annoying if there are two healers up there cause then they constantly heal each other and makes them practically impossible to kill.

What I do find really annoying is when my team is split up. I've seen several times that it pays to stay together. Mainly because I've been in several matches where the opposing team always travel together and because my team is always split up we get killed left and right. We might get lucky and kill one guy if that in the other team's group before being killed. I have gotten multiple kills a few times but only with the Titan's Whirlwind and even then I end up getting killed by anyone who managed to survive it.

Speaking of Whirlwind, I don't know why but I find it funny whenever two titans hit that ability at the same time and just start walking around each other.

12. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

It's annoying to me that I can't sprint and be cloaked at the same time. Well, I can, but it drains the ability so quickly...

Yeah, cloak is kinda useless without specter.

13. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Ayo Fryman. That uh, that's highly illogical. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    amen to that brother. there is nothing i hate more than no back up and a team full of idiots. i'm sick of unorganized teams who are ALL on the offensive only going for kills and not one person is staying back in objective games (there's a difference between TDM and CTF). thus leaving me to fend for myself and try to ensure the safety of a node or the flag with no medical aid whatsoever

14. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I've noticed that too. Even walking it doesn't last long. I remember the WfC version lasting longer.

It also annoys me that FoC did away with the vehicle mode ram ability. Gave you an extra boost of speed and did a lot of damage to anyone in your path.

There are a lot of abilities that seem to be missing from FoC or have been rendered practically useless. That's not really a multiplayer complaint though. This thread was meant for things that can't be controlled by High Moon Studios, in other words your interactions with other players who are being idiots.

You should create a WfC vs. FoC thread to post that complaint in.

15. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Two words:

Host Migration.

16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Especially when it resets the score and it always happens when I'm actually winning.

17. Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall Lilwall Leader

Most annoying thin multiplayer is that there is no anti cheat system. I don't know what its like on the consoles, but on PC it runs wild. Worse so because the developers don't appear to give a jack about it

yes and host migration, especially when the game started less than 2 seconds prior.

18. mandiprime97

mandiprime97 Junkion

News Credits:
    Tryhards and annoying little kids that whine and rage quit when they lose. Never seems like I can find a lobby on any game for that matter besides FoC without one.

19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Consoles aren't really possible to hack into... at least not that I'm aware of. PC games however are incredibly easy to hack into. And given the designers of the game, they design their PC games to be easy to hack and modify. Notice the thing that says they use the Unreal Engine. Unreal Tournament actually comes with software to modify it, at least to some extent. That's also why they never released any DLC characters for the PC version of WfC and I imagine it's the same for FoC because they don't need to. Though I'm talking about characters and maps that you typically aren't suppose to have access to. This system does end up allowing for other hacks that aren't really intended.

20. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    FOC is on Steam, and I can confidently say that the Havoc Pack is for PC. Not sure about the others, but I would imagine the same is true for them.