Things in the novel you hope will be different in the film (Obviously, SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shadow25, May 28, 2009.

1. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Obviously, a lot can change between the novelization and the film, as we already know with Jolt and Mudflap being sucked up rather than Skids. So, what else do you hope to be different for better in the film?
    -Soundwave: I don't mind if he does not come to Earth, but I at least hope he'll meet with Megatron at some point, hopefully during his arrival at the Nemesis (this may be true looking at the Gathering at Nemesis set which was just revealed).
    -Devastator: In the novel he only fights the Twins and the soldiers for a short time, and is for the most part not doing so much. I hope he really tears some humans or bots up in the movie.
    -Arcee and Sideswipe: Both are really shafted in the novel, with only about 2 or 3 lines each. I really hope they are given something to besides showing off at Shanghai.
    -The number of unnamed Cons: There are a lot of Cons in the novel. A real, real lot. But most of them are not named and have no character whatsoever. What's worse, most of them show up for about 5 seconds and most disappear. I know there will be some random bots but I would at least like to see some homages in there.
    -The Final Battle: Prime takes out the Fallen way too quickly. For the titluar villain, I hope that they will have a decent fight.

Things I don't want changed a bit:
    -Skids, Mudflap, and Wheelie: I thought these characters were perfect. The Twins were not too over the top or annoying, and Wheelie is just as I imagined him. They are very fun characters.
    -Jetfire: Again, not too over the top and a very solid portrayal. I think Bay was exaggerating when describing him and the Twins' comedic aspects.

2. Jetfire18

Jetfire18 Active Member

I Hope The Same Things You Do, Since The Same Things Happened in The Movie Adaptation

3. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I'm hoping for less Leo dialogue.. I rolled my eyes too many times while reading the novel

4. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope for more Sideswipe, less of Leo, and even less of the Twins (though I know it won't happen).

5. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

arent the twins in nearly every chapter of the book?

if not it seemed that way

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Better The Fallen fight, Jolt and more twins.

7. Shadow25

News Credits:
    I liked the Twins a lot. Leo on the other hand was pretty annoying. I want to see how Rodriguez plays him though before passing judgement. One other thing I liked was Simmons. The dialogue in the novel should fit Turturro really well.

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey do you think you can post some The Fallen dialogue? I REALLY want to know the way he speaks. That's always a big part of a villain.

9. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    I hope they keep the hash brownie scene, though I hope they cut down a lot of Leo's nerd antics prior to the revelation of Sam's connection with the robots.

I also hope for more SS dialogue.

10. Lionsgate

Lionsgate Well-Known Member

I want more Arcee and Sideswipe. I think there have been some things showing Sideswipe other places other than shanghai, but not Arcee.

11. Shadow25

News Credits:
    I will post some a bit later, but think the Emperor from Star Wars. He's almost exactly like that. He calls Megatron "My apprentice..."

I thought Starscream had a solid amount of dialogue, though there were only 3 Decepticons in the book who had at least 5 lines: him, Megs, and Fallen. Which is a tad disappointing.

12. OmegaCarly

OmegaCarly LoL Ravage

Ebay:
    Leo has the personality of a self important douchebag. I'm a bit annoyed by his character.

I hope there's less of Leo and more of Sideswipe instead.

...and Jolt

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  13. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Maybe the random bots that show up will be in the movie, if they disappear or not, setting up some of the new cons in the 3rd movie

14. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

I hope that the end battle is more drawn out then it was in the book, I felt that the Egypt part was really quick in comparison to the rest of the film. I also agree that I hope that Leo's character is less douchy. I did like the twins and Wheelie, they did really well. Also definetly want more Arcee and Sideswipe.

Also, was it just me, or did the twins remind you of the brothers from the movie Rat Race. Skids was the Seth Green character, and Mudflap was the Vince Vieluf character. I found Mudflap came off as though he had just got his tongue pierced lol.

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I want to see Springer in the movie, the fact that he has a robot hero and a legends figure kind of points that way. I know that Jolt's in the movie, but not in the novel, which gives me some degree of hope.

Also, 1000th post.

16. Shadow25

News Credits:
    I hope Mudflap keeps his lisp in the movie. But that reading line seems to say otherwise.

17. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

i read none of these posts cuz i did not read the novel.....so this will be the the only thing I say.....

I guess there is no reference of springer in the novel.........I hope he shows up in the movie!!!!

18. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More Sideswipe would be nice, as would more of Ironhide and the NEST based Autobots after Optimus is badly damaged by Megatron. Even though NEST is shut down.

It seems that once Optimus is taken down most of the book was spent with Sam and the other humans, Wheelie, Bumblebee and the Twins.

Then there's the fact that Optimus is going to be out of the movie for a large chunk of time if the book is anything to go by. I'm in two minds about this, part of me thinks it sucks and the other part is glad other characters will get some time to shine. Even if one of them is Bumblebee... again.

19. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

More characterization of the Bots. More bots period. Less humans.

Was annoyed by how almost every single bot in the book shows up just long enough to die. They're all just cannon fodder. I loved the first movie and was really hoping they'd fixed some of the things I didn't like so much, like the shaky cam. Judging by the trailers it seems like less shaky cam, but judging by the book it seems like the Transformers are once again practically background cannon fodder.

C'mon, Soundwave never once transforms or does anything other then float around in space. Do the 'Cons really NEED Soundwave to do that? There isn't a drone that could launch Ravage and float in space? What a waste of a great character.

Same with Devastator, Sideways, Demolisher, The Fallen. They show up just long enough to get their ass's handed to them. Rather disappointing.

20. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope the Primes aren;t called 'Primes'. It's just lazy and makes it just ever so slightly obvious that Optimus is related to one of them; on that note, I'm still trying to get my head round how any of the transformers can have descendants when the impression given by the first movie is that they need the allspark to creat new life... hmmm... probably best not to think about the plot holes too much...