They were created at the same time?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by primal789, Jul 1, 2014.

1. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    The creators built the TFs at the same time?If not then how they don't know their creators?If they did then why there are old and young TFs?Maybe the Allspark took the creation from where the creators left it,or they created just the first Primes.Any thoughts on this?

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Certainly don't have any reason to think that, so I'm gonna say no.

3. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    I thought the hatchlings are the first stage of the cybertronian life

4. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

This is one of the many plot holes that Bay and company created. How could the 'Creators' have built Optimus Prime, if he was origionally Orion Pax? I just thought that whole, "they built you" thing was ridiculous.

We know Transformers can be created and 'born', thanks to that scene in ROTF. So, I highly doubt the 'Creators' built the Cybertronians.

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    That scene also established that whatever process was being used to "create" and "birth" them was not working, and therefore, was not a legitimate process.

6. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who said he was Orion Pax in the movie universe? Its not stated anywhere in the movies that he was anything other than Optimus and nowhere in the movies has it ever been stated he was an "archivist" as he has been in other incarnations.

This is one thing I think most people are confusing themselves with in the movies.

7. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    There was mention that Prime forgot about his true purpose, he would have forgotten about his creators as well. The creators are still around, they hired Lockdown. We can then assume they are still "creating" Transformers - enter the Quintessons perhaps?

8. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

I'm pretty sure "You were built." Was directed towards the entire Cybertronian race. He was saying that they were engineered by other sentient beings, not that the Quintessons literally built Optimus Prime himself.

9. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    And then how they never knew their creators if they made generations of cybertronians and what's with the hatchlings then?

10. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    The reason the hatchlings kept dying, according to Starscream, was because of a lack of energon. Thus if they had adequate supply, it's implied they would have survived.

I still have no idea what exactly was going on in the Nemesis though as the Fallen and Nurse Starscream tried to "spawn" an army.

11. SunSwipe5

I'm sorry but the whole "the Creators built you" thing is just ridiculous and makes zero sense. Of course, this is Bayverse and they have little to know sense of Transformers universe canon or continuity. Bay is a master at aesthetics and explosions, but he and Kruger suck at canon and story telling.

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    How so?

13. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

In the original cannon the transformers were not built. Quintessons invaded Cybertron when it was young and peaceful and took it over and enslaved the race. Then they were not transformers but just Cybertronians. They evolved the process of transforming to hide in plain sight to plan a revolt and take back their planet...which they succeeded at doing and running off the Quintessons. The Quintessons were always butt hurt about that, and much like the humans, they were able to reverse engineer the technology for transformers and make their own like the sharkticons and such.

So for movie purposes, the message that they were built from lockdown is just a lie the Quentessons are using to try and re-enslave the Cybertronian race. (My opinion)

It is obvious they are built but how may be the difference. It was never definitive that I can remember in the comics. But it will be interesting to see how the story plays out.

14. SunSwipe5

I'm one who like a little bit of core canon. Having Prime built by these slimy looking aliens flies in the face of canon. I don't care that in Bayverse, Prime wasn't shown as Orion, but fact is, he was. Orion Pax was chosen to ascend as Prime. Bay is basically saying that he was built as Optimus Prime to be these goofy looking aliens' strong arm to keep other robots inline. To me, that kind of story is something a second grader would come up with. It's just goofy and nonsensical. However, that's just my own opinion.

15. SunSwipe5

Thank You, my sentiments exactly.:) 
    I don't buy and will never buy that the Quints created them.

16. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My guess is that they created the original Primes. Not specifically Optimus. When the Primes rebelled they took the all spark with them to make more.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No.

You can't bring in other continuities as proof of the movies backstory. Especially since he wasn't even "Orion Pax" in most TF continuities. "Canon" does not mean what you think it means.

It's pretty clear though that the Creators did not build every TF at the same time. They created the Cybertronian race, but didn't hand-craft every individual. Notice how Lockdown didn't give a shit about anyone else, because Optimus is a Prime, and is the closest connection to the original Cybertronians.

Though I don't get how this is any more goofy or nonsensical than a librarian, or whatever non-IDW continuities consider Pax to have been, being chosen to become a great military leader for no reason.

18. SunSwipe5

Everyone has and is certainly entitled to their opinions. I just think the whole "the creators built all cybertronians" thing is ridiculous. I don't buy it and never will. For me, it's just another typical Bay/Kruger brainfart.

19. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

the TFs being built is canon. at least in a couple of the Transformers runs.

seems Bay and company decided to make it part of the movieverse lore as well.

20. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    that is true, but to say "Transformers Iteration A had this canon, therefore Transformers Iteration B is stupid and wrong because it doesn't" is more than a little unfair, and doesn't really lend itself to substance or discussion.