They should make a Star Wars Transformers cartoon

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nightrain, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yes I know, I can sense the collective cringe of fanboys at the idea.

Put all notions of continuity and prior relevence out of your minds. Aren't you at least a little curious what it would be like?

The story doesn't have to be complicated. The evil Emperor and his horde of militant thugs(Vader, Grievous, Maul, Fetts, Clones) have been ruling the galaxy from Coruscant. Obi-Wan is leading a small rebellion(Luke, Han, and Chewie).

It shouldn't parallel with anything previously written. The whole point is to sell the toys. Also, I'd absolutely kill to have Genndy Tartakovsky in charge of it. I think he could make a pretty amazing cartoon out of the strangest premise.

2. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

I sense thousands of voices crying out in pain........

You already have the backbone of two franchises to sell the toys. A toon based on this line would be (IMO) horribly stupid.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd watch it.

4. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

It would go pretty much like Robotech since they are piloted mechs instead living robots wouldn't it?

5. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I doubt it could be much worse than the toys, but you never know.

6. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Storyline wise I think you'd have to treat it like the Megamorphs - out of continuity, but something a slightly lighthearted that could fit if it wasn't that the tone was so wrong. I think it'd be more suited to minicomics than a toon though.

Personally I'd been thinking something along the lines of a plot where the Emperor has sectioned off a planet, and cloned some of his greatest foes (accounting for presence of characters from different times) to test out these new half droid/half ship battlesuits. Eventually the heroes would discover they were clones, and basically try to destroy the facility to stop the Emperor, accepting they weren't really supposed to exist.

Phazer

7. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd watch it.

8. UDontKnowSith

UDontKnowSith NOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'd like it to include Transformers as well..as in, the rebels have several planets taken over by Decepticons, then the Autobots come and help them build their mecha to battle them. The Decepticons, faced with attacks from both Autobots and rebels, are defeated. Palpatine becomes aware of this, and offers the Decepticons help in exchange for the technology of transforming mecha to consolidate his hold on the galaxy and wipe out the rebels forever. If it REALLY sucks, you could make it a 3 way crossover, and have the whole thing watched by the crew of the Satellite Of Love.

9. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:

They've already done that plot, it's called Rebirth

10. UDontKnowSith

UDontKnowSith NOOOOOOOOOOO!

It was also called G.I. Joe vs. Transformers...any version.

11. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice... :) 

Yeah i don't see the cartoon as a good idea at all..

12. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'd watch it. disregarding established continuities, itd prolly be hella fun.

13. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd watch it, but I would need to be very drunk.

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can already imagine an entire episode devoted to Luke trying to get through a door with the X-Wing s-foils on his shoulders. :D 

And I would be utterly dissapointed if the show didn't feature this line of dialogue:

Chewbacca: Rawwwr! (I have a sombrero!)

Seriously, a Star Wars Transformers show would make the notorious SW Christmas Special look good. :lol 

15. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I'd watch it once out of curiosity, but given the quality of the toys I wouldn't expect much.

16. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Nah. They should make some sort of series with a Darth Vader that crys like an emo, an annoying CGI alien for the kiddies, action sequences that look like a videogame and piss poor dialoge that is almost read in monotone by the actors.

Hang on...

17. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

No. Never.

18. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Pff. I'd leave it for the kiddies, like the SWTF toys and current/recent TF cartoons, since a SWTF cartoon would sorta be like combining the two.

19. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I have a far different idea in mind for SWTF; forget cross promoting the toys with a poorly attempted animated series, forget stuffing them into an exclusive mini-series of Comics... Instead; take the concept of a certain Franchise videogame, replace the L word with SWTF and you've got my idea.

Imagine being able to play through the storyline of the entire Star Wars saga, but it being completely re-written to include battles of a type such as the following...

Luke goes down the Death Star trench; he makes the shot like normal after Han comes in to rescue him, but instead of Vader being knocked away he manages to regain control of his TIE Advance by transforming it into Mecha mode. Enter giant space battle ALA Mobile Suit Gundam where Luke also transforms his Mecha and they duel for a time with the exploding Death Star as a backdrop... Hey; if it can work for Lego Star Wars, it can work for Star Wars Transformers.

I even came up with a sort of back story to explain why the characters have Mecha... It ties into the whole Transformers thing; basically Cybertron explodes, there are few survivors and the technology winds up being adopted by the Republic when the Mandalorian war breaks out. (Of course this is the abridged version, but it get's the general idea across.)

That's the best way to incorporate the Star Wars Transformers into some form of cross promotional media; and if handled correctly it could be a total blast.

20. Blastwave

Blastwave Well-Known Member

I'd rather see a G.I. Joe vs. Transformers cartoon. It's been way over due. Then again, I was excited about Aliens vs. Predator and look how that turned out.

Still, Ultra/Mega sized TFs with classic size G.I. Joes would be appealing...