They knew they were made

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by primal789, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Each line of that contradicts the other lines...

If the Transformers were born as Hatchlings then that means they were born, not built. Think of it as a Transformers Hospital/Nursery - the Nemesis simply had a bunch of 'hatchlings' they were not 'mass produced' in the sense that they were built.

If the Allspark only gave life to Transformers - then once again they were 'born' as they didn't have life until they were given it from the Allspark. Frankenstein's monster scenario their, while the monster was made, it was 'born' when it was struck by lightning. In which case the scenario is that it would be both.

It would also mean that every Transformer in the beginning was made... so that raises the question of how many Transformers were made and at what point did that transition to them gaining life and the ability to reproduce? It also means a lot of the recorded Transformers media is wrong - as it would mean countless numbers of Transformers were created at the same time by the creators and given life by the Allspark.

You mention that Lockdown was referring to the entire Transformer race... yet that cannot be true due to the 'hatchling' scene in ROTF, Hatchling scene in DOTM and the existence of multiple variations of Transformers. Essentially what you are believing him to be saying would mean that every Transformer was created by them.

Prequel comics are intended as canon otherwise they wouldn't be called prequel comics and wouldn't follow the early scripts of the movie.

2. bumblebee22

bumblebee22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's possible the seed was only used to make transformium which would be used to build the bodies of the robots. The Cube was then used to bring them to life and program them. The cube is then left on Cybertron which could have been built by the creators. The cube starts making transformers out of cybertrons transformium.

Makes sense to me

As for the hatchlings. It's possible the Decepticons were just trying to make transformers through a different method that didn't require the cube.

3. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    It's possible they knew what Seeds were and what they could do, but didn't know that the Creators created them by using the Seeds until Lockdown came along and explained.

4. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Based on what Optimus says about "The legend exists", it's likely the creators were merely a myth. It's a good way to connect the Dinobots to the creators: The dinobots, aka "Knights of Cybertron" had something to do with the Creators, and when Optimus saw a glimpse of Grimlock and was told by Lockdown that they were the Knights/ owners of the Knightship (I'm pretty sure Lockdown called it the "Knighstromos" or something like that) that he could confirm that the myth was true.

5. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

Someone's borrowing heavily from season 3, though that's my favorite of G1.

6. Furnace

Furnace Ant-droid at a picnic

Doesn't this whole "built vs born" thing remind you of "constructed cold vs forged"?

7. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

Age of Extinction-Proving that the fans are putting more thought into the movie THAN THE MOTHERFUCKERS WHOSE JOB IT IS TO MAKE SURE THE GODDAMN MOVIE MAKES FUCKING SENSE.

Okay, sorry about all the caps, but seriously, this pisses me off. They wanted to expand on the universe and all that shit, but they didn't take the time to make sure any of it was logical.

As for what OP said...my best guess is that they always sorta knew. Probably a legend.

8. diablo03

diablo03 Member

As far as the OP goes....I would imagine it's just like us....they have theories but they are always arguing about it.

9. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

Yeah, this seems most likely. Only way I can think of it is that they were machines/soldiers/slaves made by The Creators, and the the Allspark somehow brought them to sentience. I guess they began making their own choices and halted the work that The Creators intended for them, hence them wanting their creation (Optimus) back so that they can resume this work.

Gosh, Kruger. You're not giving me much to work with.

Well actually, you're giving me TOO much to work with.

10. Apocalyptic PhD

Apocalyptic PhD Adamite

I kind of have to more or less agree with Scorpio, you guys looked too deep and gave the Quintessons way too much credit than they actually deserved. Given Bay's history with Continuity there's a fair chance you may all get disappointed.

I like to think of the Quintessons as those who exploited, studied and came in contact with Cybertronians. That's probably why the Crew claimed AoE denotes a Chapter, a new Collection and Family of Villains. The first Trilogy was always centered around the Primes, the Fallen was the reason for the battle for the Allspark. The Quintessons have nothing to do with them considering their distinct aspect of nature and technology that's Cybertronian differing to that of what we got in the first trilogy, that I've been whining about in threads like these.

KSI is probably an analogy to what the Quintessons are, building knock-offs. Fiddling with a race of Technomorphs and trying make their own.

(BTW)
    Also KSI never built Cybertronians by the way, let alone are they "artificial" they're actually just renewed recycled dead Decepticons. That's why Optimus thinks they have no soul, they're just mindless zombies in his eyes.

11. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

A scene was definitely cut with Lockdown interacting with Prime in the "supermax" prison; there is a noticeable cut in Lockdown's speech from "join your fellow rebels, fugitive scum" to "it's for the rarest of specimens, the worst of the worst. I've finally collected all the knights *grabs Prime by the foot with hook* but you... The Creators want to sweep their chessboard clean..."

The abrupt tonal shift and camera shift give it away.

I would imagine there was much more to the conversation between Lockdown and Optimus than what the final cut showed.

12. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Strascream said they are spawning a new army. That is massed production. Given the number Decepticon clones it is how the Decepticons outnumbered the Autobots during the war.

Note Lockdown called Transformers rebels. Likely they were just macchines till the Creators messed around with the Allspark which proved their undoing.

Pretty much like the G1 cartoon origin of transformers. While their ancestors were consumer and military products of the Quintessons allowing Vector Sigma programming them proved to be their downfalll. As Vector Sigma's first generation robot Alpha Trion led the rebellion.

Goodness you are not very imaginative are you?

Early Transformers rebel against the Creators then they chose to procreate leading to generations of Transformers.

Then the first civil war happened thanks to the Fallen. Civilization fell then rebuilt by the Autobots. Autobots being a young race of Transformers don't remember much of their history. Fallen rears his head again seducing Megatron causing the second civil war.

Seriously you can't be this stupid. Creators created their race does not mean they created all of them. It just means the Creators had a hand in their origin like the Allspark did.

And you keep insisting on your fanon. You may like the comics but nobody cares about them.

Not Micheal Bay, not the original writers Orci and Kurtzman, not Kruger.

The films are its own story.

13. Megatron276

Megatron276 destroyer

this

14. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Best theory that fits IMO.

But it should have been one of the Dinobot Knights who explained that.

15. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

The comics are intended to sell first and foremost not to establish canon for the movies. They're just meant as fun movie tie in products. It's like saying a lunchbox decorated with AOE images is canon as well

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yep.

My best guess is myths and legends are why.

17. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    If the money is right, maybe not. But geesh what a mess indeed.

18. GuitarPrime1986

GuitarPrime1986 Banned

I am sure it is a legend. I mean, they have different ideas how they were created, but they don't know for sure.

19. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    My guess is, Transformers 5: Welcome to Recton City