They having problems with the movie? A trailer rant (or lack there of)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MTME, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

I can't remember, but were there more trailers/tv spots out for DOTM at this point before that movie's release or is it about the same amount for AOE? I feel like the trailer/tv spot releases are behind than with DOTM.

2. example

example Well-Known Member

Honestly I was hoping that we'd get something by now. So at this point I'm just hoping the trailer delivers.

3. Sablebot

Sablebot #iposttomakeyouthinknotdebate

The original theme song

As much as I'd like to hear it, too, I doubt it. Why? Composer Ann Bryant who composed the original TF theme, instituted a HUGE lawsuit where she claims she never was fully compensated for the repeated use of her song by Sunbow and BMI.

4. ComfyDeathshot

ComfyDeathshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought it opened on the 15th in the USA.

5. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The amount of times i hear this is ridiculous.

If she wasn't full compensated, fair enough, but honestly the more times i hear these artists claiming "they haven't compensated enough" really strikes me as they are just greedy.

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well technically they had the same issues with Devastator as they had with the Driller... so that helps prove they are rather inept at CGI. As for the current film they've toned down the 'origami' into a child's attempt at a paper plane so they really have no excuse as to why they shouldn't be able to handle the 5 Dinobots.

7. Sablebot

Sablebot #iposttomakeyouthinknotdebate

Well, after reading several articles and interviews she's done where she breaks down the details, I actually agree with her story.Here's one article that discusses it : New York Supreme Court: TF composer sues Sunbow and BMI - Transformers. I also hope the case gets settled, that she gets the compensation she deserves, and hopefully she'll permit future uses of her iconic theme.