They having problems with the movie? A trailer rant (or lack there of)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MTME, Apr 26, 2014.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just wonder with the cgi being slightly tightened up between the superbowl spot and the teaser trailer and STILL no actual trailer with only two months before they movie are they having problems with the movie? Are they seriously behind?
    I have never heard of NOT having a trailer to a big blockbuster like this two months before the release it's just weird to e.
    True we do have a new trailer classified but when? When will we see this trailer?

2. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    My guess is about next month or so for this new trailer. It better deliver, that's all.

Besides they do this nowadays, because there are so many films coming out to attract attention from the viewer a trailer is released a month before the release date to remind people this film is coming.

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Trailer was classified April 9, no release date confirmed

ya knew that back in 2011, we didnt got the second DOTM trailer till April? (4 months after the Teaser with Sentinel)

4. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

They might put in the trailer in Spider-Man or Godzilla so that way the audiences could get hype for AOE but when the teaser came out they posted it a few days before 300, probably they're going to do the same thing.

5. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    We still didn't have the DOTM trailer yet at this point. Yes we had some TV spots but remember that they are practically starting over on character models so they will be slightly farther behind.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    There's nothing to worry about.

7. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I suppose we will get a confirmation of the trailer a day before it releases.

8. Dillatron

Dillatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt there is problems, it's just that the CGI is not quite ready to be shown. Nothing to be overly concerned about.

9. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    I started to worry about it a little.

10. disque

disque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm a bit concerned too.

It has become something pretty common in the games industry to delay or push back a product sometimes to fine tune elements or ensure that the standard of quality promised is there when it hits release... Now, I've never heard of this being done with a film (at least not this close to release), but I wonder if that would happen one day?

Not saying AOE would be pushed back, but if, with the demand in our age now for photo-realistic CGI and the bar being raised higher and higher (Think Avatar, Pacific Rim, Gravity etc) that production companies may bite off more than they can chew when it comes to optimistic release dates.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Given the rumor that the budget is lower for this film it seems a possibility that the advertising budget may be lower as well. If the cut back on the ad budget then it's a better plan to use glut of the budget closer to the release date rather than blowing the budget early and getting lost in all the ads for the other summer films.

I don't think there is any problems with the film, it's a different marketing plan. Give it a few more months and I'm sure you can't watch TV without being bombarded with ads for Transformers 4.

Just glad we have sources outside of the theater to see trailers because unless there are some surprises I'm not planning on seeing a lot of movies this summer in the theater.

12. sideswipeprime*

sideswipeprime* Cybertronian

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I were making the movie I would only release one trailer.

13. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they are having problems when you look at the unfinished CGI in the superbowl spot, the fact that they seem to be undecisive on some of the character models ex. Optimus and Galvatron and re-shoots a couple of weeks ago. I think CGI-wise, this only be slightly better than RotF. I hope there is a new trailer to go with Spider-man next week but that probably won't be.

14. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    I hope it's not ROTF all over again!!!

15. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movie is fine. They're just not going over kill with the marketing and spoiling the movie.

16. Browns2212

Browns2212 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not sure why people are worried.

There has been a Super Bowl spot. A Full length teaser/trailer. A TV spot. An international trailer spot. Footage at the Samsung curved TV promo.

The next full length trailer will be released either next Friday with Spidey 2 or the 16th with Godzilla.

I'm actually fine with what seems like a lack of footage. I actually want to see and know as little as possible going into the movie. I'm trying to resist reading any more spoilers on here as much as possible.

17. Jerrimus

Jerrimus BOSS

Ebay:
    I honestly think they've provided us with as much as can be expected at this point, not every filmmaker/director is like Marc Webb or Brian Singer where they constantly try and promote thru social media. Bay just isn't like that. I'm sure as others have said, we will have a barrage of tv spots closer to release. You gotta expect them to work up til the wire on an extremely CGI film such as this.

18. Ring3r

Ring3r Knows what else it can do.

They're doing just fine. There's been quite a bit of material released, multiple teaser trailers, high-visibility superbowl spots, etc.

It's most likely due to the fact that Paramount is pushing the film very hard in foreign markets, compared to the previous films. Transformers brings in HUGE money in other countries and preparing commercials for the film in multiple languages with multiple countries having to sign-off and/or rate the commercials takes more time than a US focused marketing effort. China, in particular, requires a lot of work to get stuff approved for release (and we know China is a big focus this time around since half the film takes place there).

19. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    The way I see it, it only just seems like they're behind because we're so thirsty for new footage that a lot of us are going a bit nuts.

20. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

This is true.......it's like we want the movie before its released! I'll be honest,
    I come here every day hoping for new footage and/or information, but I've accepted the fact that if I get no new information until the movie is released, I'll be okay.