Heavy/Scratch: TheSledgeHammer's Forge - 2018 & Beyond! Shapeways Thread

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TheSledgeHammer, Nov 26, 2018.

?

If I purchase Siege Voyager Megatron and make a torso extender for him, will ya'll buy it?

Poll closed Mar 19, 2019.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    No worries, i appreciate the time you took to research them! If you do find time, and these are easy parts, a nudge bar for Barricade and a low profile spoiler for that mold would be cool. That spoiler would be perfect for smokescreen!

• Like Like x 3
  2. TheSledgeHammer

TheSledgeHammer Voyager Class

Hey everyone, hope ya'll are having a Merry Christmas today!
    My final 2019 item is not quite ready yet, but I figured I'd drop a teaser image for everyone today, and let ya'll know that this item is now sort of a collaboration as well with another tfw2005 user who makes Shapeways parts. You'll be seeing posts from both of us when everything is ready and available, so in the meantime, here is a teaser of what is coming! Merry Christmas Radicons!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  3. LRJ2007

LRJ2007 ...

News Credits:
    is this a Slipstream or a coronation Starscream?

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheSledgeHammer

All will be revealed in time!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Master Farr

Master Farr Banned

If it is coronation Starscream, then this is bad comedy

• Like Like x 1
  6. iper3531

iper3531 Seeker squad

Hay there brother do u think I could ask u a question in a pm?

7. TheSledgeHammer

Sure go ahead!

8. TheSledgeHammer

Alrighty Ladies and Gents! Without further delay, here is the teased item from Christmas Day!

I present, the Siege Slipstream Kit for the War for Cybertron: Siege Voyager Class Seeker mold!
    [​IMG]

This kit includes several new parts, featuring a new chest plate, which for those who have already modified their seeker mold of choice to run a pin through the top of the chest to better secure the old chest piece, features a full channel to allow a 2mm metal pin to run through it.
    [​IMG]

Also included are new more rounded thighs to create a more feminine look, as well as new shoulder parts to top off the signature Slipstream look, which if you so chose could also be used to create a "Coronation Starscream" look too!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

But wait...Slipstream features a somewhat more unique head compared to the head shared by generic seekers and Starscream/Thundercracker/Skywarp...

Well TF fans please give a big thank you to our very own Trentulas for stepping up to the plate and also providing us with a wonderful Slipstream head for the Siege Seeker mold! Thus making this kit truly complete!
    [​IMG]
    Trentulas did a fantastic job really capturing Slipstream's image, and I can't thank them enough. It turned out great!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Even with all these new parts, Slipstream can still transform with no issues. So merry belated Christmas to all of ya'll, and Happy New Year to everyone as well!

My portion of the kit is available now here!:
    TF WFC Siege - Slipstream Parts by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

Trentulas' fantastic head is also now available here!:
    Slipstream Head for Siege Seekers by TrentTroop on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

For those who may not know, Trentulas has their own thread here on the boards as well and here is a link to their post about this kit's head within that thread:
    Heavy/Scratch: - Over 100 New Titans Returns Characters

and finally, a bonus digitally colored picture of what the Siege Seeker mold will look like in full Slipstream colors (although the stock Siege Seeker head is still used here):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 11
  9. TheSledgeHammer

Hello once again TFW2005 users. So because of how busy my day-job keeps me, I've been away for awhile, but I'm sure much like many of you, my day-job has temporarily ceased operations until this darn virus blows over, so I've had some more free time to focus on my favorite hobby once more. With Earthrise here and available now, I've started to cook up a few things, and a certain Autobot inventor and Check-up Doctor are first up to get some new stuff. Cause what's a mechanic without a few tools, and while the new Hoist looks fantastic overall, certain poses just don't look or feel right with those side panels just hanging off the backs of his arms. So while they are not quite ready just yet, here's some previews of what I'm working on while I'm "locked" inside my home waiting for my day-job to reopen XD Hopefully I'll have these completely ready soon!

Note: The wings you see on my wheeljack figure are not made by me - they were designed by fellow TFW2005 user Robots78, and I think while a bit on the thin side, they are quite well made! Go check out their thread for the Wheeljack wings! Minor/Repaint: - WFC:ER Wheeljack Wings

Wheeljack's new tools:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New parts & laser for Hoist:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  10. LRJ2007

LRJ2007 ...

News Credits:
    can you add the wheeljack shoulder cannon to thingiverse?

11. TheSledgeHammer

Probably. The new parts for Wheeljack will all be part of 1 kit, and any of my Shapeways releases that end up with a price higher than $35 I put on Thingiverse. The likely-hood of this kit going on Thingiverse though is pretty high, due to how many pieces there are.
    In all honestly though, regardless of Shapeways price I was considering dual releasing this Wheeljack kit on Shapeways & Thingiverse anyway, as I'm disappointed in the lack of screws on Earthrise figures in general. While I totally support Hasbro/Takara, Much like how the wave 1 Prime Masters from POTP used pins instead of a screw, I feel this is an intentional deterrent to customizing, and it bothers me when they or other companies do stuff like that, so I'm really hoping they go back to screws for Earthrise Wave 2+.

• Like Like x 4
  12. TheSledgeHammer

Hey All, SledgeHammer here!

Before we begin, over the past couple of months I managed to track down an additional TR Shuffler, so here is TR Shuffler with my Shuffler-to-Slugfest kit installed, fully painted now! Took some time but I think he turned out quite well, although the paint on the back legs does tend to rub on the inside a fair bit. Link to that kit on Shapeways located below these two images.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Titans Return Shuffler-to-Slugfest Kit by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways

Now with out further ado, I present, the Earthrise Wheeljack kit!
    [​IMG]

You get a few toys in this kit, including:
    - a new shoulder launcher with a longer missile, and via the same method as my Siege Sideswipe Shoulder Launcher, it also pivots up and down on a custom peg. The longer missile connects to the main launcher via a 3mm peg, so WFC blast effects can also be attached. Two 3mm pegs also stick out from the sides, in case any Decepticons want to attempt to blow up Wheeljack's shoulder armament, or you know, this being Wheeljack, his own weapon self-destructs.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

-Two custom wrenches that are designed to interact with 5mm pegs, and the handles also feature custom pegs so they can peg into Wheeljack's hips when he is not holding them.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

-A Small Blaster based on the one used by Wheeljack in the G1 Cartoon, that was also included with other previous Wheeljack toys, like his Masterpiece figure. This version includes a 3mm peg for blast effects on tip.
    [​IMG]

-Two swords loosely based on the ones used by Wheeljack's Transformers: Prime counterpart. Just like the wrenches, they include the same custom pegs to also peg onto his hips, and additional 5mm pegs on the handle sides so you can peg them onto his arms instead if you desire.
    [​IMG]

-Last but not least, an additional "backpack" accessory that includes two "Sheath" holes for the swords, as well as an additional 5mm port to attach 5mm weapons, and a custom port for the shoulder launcher, which is primarily meant for Vehicle mode storage along with the swords. Note, to fit both the blaster and the launcher at once, you must pivot the shoulder launcher downwards.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

As promised, I have dual released this kit - so Shapeways and Thingiverse links below!

Shapeways:
    TF WFC Earthrise - Wheeljack Weapon Set by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

Thingiverse:
    TF WFC - Earthrise - Wheeljack Kit by TheSledgeHammer

One final time - the alternate wings you see on Wheeljack in my images were not designed by me - they were created by fellow TFW2005 board member Robots78, and here is their thread on those parts:
    Minor/Repaint: - WFC:ER Wheeljack Wings

I'm still working on my door kit for Hoist/Trailbreaker, and I also managed to get my hands on the Siege Rumble & Ratbat 2-pack finally, so I'm working on some stuff for Rumble/Frenzy too. Look forward to those in the future!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  13. LRJ2007

LRJ2007 ...

News Credits:
    the new shoulder missile for Wheeljack looks amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheSledgeHammer

Ok fellow Transformers fans! My next item is ready to go!

So today, we have my kit for the Siege Rumble/Frenzy mold!

much like the kit I made for the Titans Return Rumble/Frenzy mold, this kit includes two Piledrivers, and a pair of backpack blasters for Rumble/Frenzy. Also included are a pair of adapters so this mold can actually wield the backpack blasters this time around, and just like before a necessary back-plate to allow the blasters to sit on Rumble/Frenzy's back.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

As mentioned above, thanks to the two included adapters, Rumble/Frenzy can actually wield his blasters this time around, just like the G1 toy could! Keep in mind though, the blasters are a little on the heavy side for this mold, so without additional support some poses may not be possible.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

When not in use, the hand adapters can also store on the back of the pile drivers, which the connection is simply 3mm pegs, so you could also plug WFC effect parts onto the storage ports as well if you wish.
    [​IMG]

and the whole kit in action!
    [​IMG]

This kit is now available here!
    TF WFC: Siege - Rumble & Frenzy Accessories by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

The Hoist/Trailbreaker kit is taking a bit longer than I anticipated to complete, as particularly the measurements for the back sections of the doors/truck bed have to be very precise, and I'll admit I got a bit distracted by a certain set of 6 Seacons. I do plan on finishing my Hoist kit though, but my place of work has re-opened, so my amount of free time is beginning to dwindle again. I have a couple of other things I'm thinking of attempting to make, but at this time I'm not willing to disclose what they are, as I don't want to get any hopes up and then end up not being able to make these things. Until next time everyone!

• Like Like x 7
  15. TheSledgeHammer

Hey everyone - I'm still working on my parts for Earthrise Hoist/Trailbreaker when I have the spare time to do so, however, I wanted to give you all SOMETHING in the meantime, as it's been about 2 months since I last posted.

I actually designed this thing awhile back, but I wasn't originally planning to release this, as I feel it is more on the silly/unnecessary side, but like I said, I felt I needed to post something while ya'll are still waiting for the Hoist/Trailbreaker parts, so here it is. This is a Duster/Trench-coat for Siege Crosshairs that pays homage to the one "worn" by Crosshairs' live action films counterpart, and I made it by modifying the vehicle cover piece I originally designed for Siege Ironhide.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The two tabs that are used to plug into his back are designed to resemble small "flood lights" for vehicle mode, and in robot mode the duster sits nicely over Crosshairs' back, and is hinge-jointed at two sections to allow for posing. Keep in mind though, compared to the rest of the parts, the largest section that makes up the bottom of the duster is somewhat heavy, so unless you tighten the hinges yourself with floor or nail polish, it's going to flop around a bit, or may occasionally come loose at the hinges.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I also intentionally left two holes in the bottom portion of the duster so that way in vehicle mode you still get access to a total of four 5mm ports on top of the vehicle, so you can store weapons however you like.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This item is now available here!
    TF WFC Siege - Crosshairs Duster-Cover by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

My current plans are to try and have the Hoist/Trailbreaker parts finished before Trailbreaker is released, but this design is taking me longer than I anticipated to perfect, so please keep barring with me everyone. For now, hope ya'll enjoy this little bonus design I made awhile back just for fun.

• Like Like x 10
  16. TheSledgeHammer

Preemptive Note, the following parts are not quite ready just yet - but I was just so excited to show these off after all the work I've put into this one set these past several months I couldn't wait any longer, so here we go.

Suddenly, A WILD Earthrise HOIST APPEARS!!!
    (I know this isn't the wild battle theme but I like this one better so I used it instead :p )
    [​IMG]

Customizer's Exacto Knife used Cut!
    [​IMG]

Customizer's Hand used Thief!
    [​IMG]

The Wild Earthrise Hoist is enraged!
    [​IMG]

Customizer used Present! Earthrise Hoist got several new pieces! The Wild Earthrise Hoist relaxed!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So first the small things, This kit will be giving Earthrise Hoist/Trailbreaker TWO new arm lasers. I had to do two of them because of the way the mold's hands are designed, the 5mm port is not centered for one thing and then the awkward outward slope on the outside of the hands just made things even more complicated, so ugh. These factors are why the orange laser that Hoist comes with is so big, but if I just designed it like that it would defeat the purpose of remaking the laser(s) in the first place, so that was not an option. For the final release I'll be lengthening the 5mm post the figure holds onto by another 2mm so both versions can store on the vehicle sides, as currently only the right hand laser can do so, for whatever reason the left laser refuses to do so. Also, being released separately from this kit, since it is only meant for just Hoist, I also designed a more traditional Tow Truck "crane" hook that simply pegs into the dual 5mm posts located on his Earthrise connection ramp and if you so choose never needs to be removed for transformation.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And now, for the big part. The replacement doors. So several months back when I posted my Wheeljack kit I began by teasing an image that showed I was also re-designing Hoist's shoulders.
    [​IMG]
    Well, while I was working on that, I realized the shades of green plastic were slightly different. I then saw that I could simply slice the doors off by wedging an exacto knife in, and then I did just that. Suddenly, getting measurements was much easier, and it made re-creating the parts a whole lot easier, and best part, I don't think I will need to redesign the shoulders now. However, slicing the original doors off did create one single problem, but I have strong feelings this will all work out in the end, based on events that happened while working on these new parts. The potential problem in question:
    [​IMG]
    Hoist's side-to-side shoulder articulation functions based on pressure. Basically, without those original doors attached behind his shoulder joint, Hoist's arms become Wacky Inflatable Tube Men. The reason I feel this won't remain a problem however, once the new finished doors are glued on, is that while performing test fits during production, and even just TAPING on the semi-final versions of the doors to take these very photos you see here and above, the needed pressure his arms require to not be floppy messes returned, so long as the doors were securely held on manually or being held on by small pieces of tape. But with these new doors, Hoist can now perform several more natural looking poses without his doors hanging down directly below his arms.
    Original:
    [​IMG]

New Doors:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

So with all that, This Hoist kit is FINALLY almost ready. I did my best to re-create the door details as best as I could, however, since this kit is meant to be used for both Hoist and Trailbreaker, I will not be re-creating Hoist's "Caution Tape" pattern, nor will I do a separate version that has Trailbreaker's signature door patterns either. So you will have to either re-paint those on yourself, or if Toyhax puts out sticker sets for both of these characters, hopefully they include stickers to re-create the pattern. The other reason I won't do the patterns is because frankly I've been working on these parts long enough, and I'm just about ready to be done with this set. So here is one final picture of a door up-close. As you can see, door handle, Rear Tail-lights and that "indent" are all there. Just a note, that 2mm section where the indent is the plastic is quite thin, so I recommend being very gentle, mainly so with the smaller door section that will sit right behind Hoist/Trailbreaker's shoulders.
    [​IMG]

Before I release this to the public for purchase/download (as this set will likely be another that is available both on Shapeways/Thingiverse), I need to glue test the doors and make sure that the needed pressure returns to the arms, otherwise I will sadly have to delay this set one more time to design new shoulders that don't rely on pressure to not be floppy messes.
    I'm also testing one last variation on the new hinge joint for the doors, that works more like how Lego does their hinges, as I want to see if that will work better than my current solution, which does work really well, but for the current version I am a bit worried about longevity without having to constantly re-apply floor polish or clear nail polish to keep the joints tight. Basically what is shown here, just not with Lego:
    [​IMG]

Synopsis of what is being released:
    1. One Single Kit meant for both Hoist/Trailbreaker that includes 2 replacement hinged arm doors and 2 arm lasers to replace the awful one that Hoist came with (For the record I think Trailbreaker's stock one looks just fine)

2. An extra Tow Truck "Crane" Hook that is just meant for Hoist only.

So please bare with me a bit longer guys and gals, as I am just as eager to finish this and get it out and available to ya'll as ya'll might be waiting for this to finally be ready. I thank you all for your patience!

• Like Like x 6
  17. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

This looks awesome

• Like Like x 1
  18. TheSledgeHammer

Hey Everyone, I just posted my door kit for Hoist/Trailbreaker in its own thread, which is now located here! I'm very happy to be able to share this with everyone. I ended up going with the more "Lego" style hinge joint, as it worked several times better than my previous prototype joint. Link to that thread is available here!

Earthrise Hoist/Trailbreaker Door Kit:
    Heavy/Scratch: - Earthrise Hoist/Trailbreaker 3D Printed Adjustable doors

On top of that, my Hoist Towing Hook kit is also now ready as well!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

So now Hoist can tow away your other favorite bots with his new hook!
    [​IMG]

Kup: I'm pretty sure this count's as harassing the elderly Hoist.
    Hoist: And I'm pretty sure you are over due for your regularly scheduled check-up Old Timer. You are lucky this Doctor does house calls!

[​IMG]

This towing hook simply pegs into the twin 5mm ports on Hoist's Earthrise ramp, and does not need to ever be removed for transformation. I basically designed this as a bonus while I was working on my Hoist/Trailbreaker door kit.

This item is now available here!
    TF WFC Earthrise - Hoist Hook by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

and here is a link to the door kit's Shapeways page as well:
    TF WFC Earthrise - Hoist-Trailbreaker Kit by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

Hope ya'll enjoy these items until I'm ready to present my next one!

• Like Like x 8
  19. TheSledgeHammer

Hey all - just a heads up - I have also now made my Hoist/Trailbreaker door kit as well as the towing hook piece for Hoist available on Cults3D at lower prices than what Shapeways charges, but keep in mind when buying from Cults3D you will still need to print the pieces yourself.

Cults3D - Door Kit:
    Download 3D print files TF WFC Earthrise - Hoist-Trailbreaker Kit ・ Cults

Cults3D - Towing Hook for Hoist:
    Download 3D printing models TF WFC Earthrise - Hoist Towing Hook ・ Cults

On that note, if ya'll want a green PLA+ plastic that matches Hoist's green, I printed with this plastic linked below and its pretty much a 99% perfect match.
    https://www.amazon.com/eSUN-1-75mm-...Sun+pla+plus+pine+green&qid=1600051904&sr=8-1

Going forward, I'm going to be following in the footsteps of other 3D Designers around here and focusing on uploading my stuff to Shapeways/Cults3D instead of Shapeways/Thingiverse, as I have to be honest, Thingiverse has not been the best website ever since they updated their website layout. Search bar frequently breaks or just flat out doesn't work, and to view new notifications it forces you to open a second tab instead of staying in the same tab. I have several other minor complaints about "new" Thingiverse but those are the big ones, and because of these I'm going to focus on these other two 3D Platforms instead of Thingiverse. Plus, I'm also liking Cults3D's pricing model as well, so I decided it was time to give it a try.

as for what is coming up next from me, well, I decided to make Generations Selects Rotorstorm a little more...Rotorstorm-y. Stay tuned to this thread for this next release!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  20. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

I saw the Rotorstorm blasters and was like "okay, cool, those are out there, what's your USP?"

and then I saw the tailfins.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE.

• Like Like x 2