Heavy/Scratch: TheSledgeHammer's Forge - 2018 & Beyond! Shapeways Thread

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TheSledgeHammer, Nov 26, 2018.

?

If I purchase Siege Voyager Megatron and make a torso extender for him, will ya'll buy it?

Poll closed Mar 19, 2019.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

Hey collectors,

These are NOT MINE...I saw them on Shapeways and purchased a pair. I didn't see a thread on the Radicons board that had them. They give a significant improvement to the height of Siege Ultra Magnus and pretty easy to install.

These were designed by SledgeHammer's Smithery on Shapeways: TF WFC Siege - Ultra Magnus Thigh Extenders by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways

Here are a few pictures.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  2. kdog

kdog Well-Known Member

What's up breaux man you out the review game?

• Like Like x 2
  3. foratastyplot

foratastyplot Xehn

• Like Like x 4
  4. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

Yeah, for now...might get back to it though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

Bought a pair of the thigh extenders and started its own thread by mistake....sorry bro. Awesome product though!
    carry on...

6. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Can you design slightly thicker thighs for siege Prowl? He really needs a leg day. Also can you replicate the bumper for mp prowl so it can attach to siege prowl? Lastly the shoulder cannons for him as well.

7. kdog

kdog Well-Known Member

Man I started out watching you and Ben.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Merged with the thread started by the designer. Seemed fitting.

• Like Like x 3
  9. TheSledgeHammer

TheSledgeHammer Voyager Class

It's all good XD - Glad you like them though!

I can add the thighs and the bumper to my to do list, however just for the record I currently have no plans to purchase Siege Prowl, as my collection already has a wonderful set of the Datsun "brothers" that I'm happy with. Reason I'm still willing to consider making these however, is because down the road I will most likely be picking up Siege Barricade, and when I have him in hand, I can make these items. Just a pre-warning as well, to fix Prowl's thigh problem, that might take new legs entirely, as the new parts would still need to fit in the old leg space, and depending on how much room is available in there, giving him new thighs and still allowing him to transform (with the stock lower legs) may not be possible.
    [​IMG]
    As for the shoulder cannons, I've already made those, and they come with a re-vamp of my blaster I originally designed for CW Prowl. I just posted this in my last update post. :D 
    [​IMG]
    TF WFC Siege - Prowl/Bluestreak Weapons by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways

• Like Like x 5
  10. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Thanks for the response man. Always admired those who can create stuff like this. Anyways, please see pic of how much room can be had. There should be a small part that will need to be shaved off to accomodate for the new one. Siege prowl is pretty cool btw, you have to paint him tjough. IMG_20190326_132617022.jpg as you can see, i i painted his car lip but he can def. Benefit from the small bumper! It can be a place to put red or orange decals on. Also, do you have any suggestions as to how to make a connector to be able to angle his doors? Thanks again... IMG_20190325_193157099.jpg

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  11. TheSledgeHammer

Thanks for the images. I've saved them to my PC so when Siege Barricade comes out, and I have him in my hands, I can get to work on these parts.

Also I have a new item to demonstrate today, I present, the Siege Shockwave Feet Extenders!
    [​IMG]
    Made at the request of Shapeways user "mdowns", these boost Siege Shockwave's height to about 7 inches tall, to be more in-line with Voyager Class figures of past generations lines.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    They also feature two 5mm ports on the bottom, so even with these attached Shockwave is still compatible with Weaponizer figures, and they also feature a total of three additional 5mm ports that feature 3mm pegs inside of them to allow for the attachment of Siege effect parts while in alternate mode, or for those of you who might display Shockwave on a flight stand of your choosing, you can use them in robot mode for "rocket feet".
    [​IMG]

This item is now available here!
    TF WFC Siege - Shockwave Feet Extensions by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

That's all I have for today - enjoy!

• Like Like x 4
  12. TheSledgeHammer

Got a new item tonight fresh off the press!
    wanting your Siege Ironhide to have a more coherent/complete vehicle form? Introducing, the WFC: Siege Ironhide Shield-Cover!
    [​IMG]

This covers up his exposed arms in vehicle mode by plugging into the two 5mm ports in his robot-mode shoulders, and not only better hides his arms, but also adds a total of four new 5mm ports to his vehicle form, one on each side, and 2 up top. This shield-cover also adds four 3mm pegs to the top of the vehicle as well.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In robot mode, Ironhide can wield this cover as a shield via the 5mm ports in either of his fore-arms. So now Ironhide is ready to bust some Decepti-chops!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This item is now available here!
    TF WFC Siege - Ironhide Vehicle Cover by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

That's all that is new this time, however I'm also using this post to announce a couple of updates:
    1. My sword for POTP Titan Predaking is also now available on Thingiverse: POTP Predaking Sword by TheSledgeHammer

2. I'm retiring a couple of items from my Shapeways shop. First, my first ever design, the "King of the Road's Blaster", as for awhile now I've had an improved version of the same weapon also available on my shop that I feel is a better product. I'll still be leaving it up for view however, with a description link to the better one.
    Second retired item is my "Combiner Wars Datsun Trio" set. I'll be taking that one down at the end of the month, as that item saw the hugest jump in price from when Shapeways changed their prices about a month ago now. Not to worry though, as Smokescreen's weapons already exist in seperate form, and I'll soon be uploading an individual set of Prowl/Bluestreak's weapons for the Combiner Wars figures as a replacement for the full trio set. Links to these items below:
    King Of The Roads Blaster by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways (now retired)
    King of the Road's Blaster Redux by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways (the better version)
    CW Datsun Trio Upgrades by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways (will be retired in 3 days from this post)
    CW Smokescreen Weapons by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways (the individual CW Smokescreen weapon set)
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/P59VRC7SV/cw-bluestreak-prowl-weapons (the individual Bluestreak/Prowl weapon set)

And with that, I'm off - but here's a sneak preview the next item I'm currently working on and hoping to release!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  13. DualDiac84

DualDiac84 Clearing out, Buy my stuff!!

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sorry for hijacking your thread sledgehammer, but when you made the shoulder cannon for side swipe what where the dimensions for the peg?

14. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

I'm surprised this hasnt been requested.. Some new blades for Siege optimus axe.. Printed in clear.. Looks burny... Can be painted clear orange.

15. GMANPRIME

GMANPRIME till my collection is done

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Please do a Transfromers Prime style Star Saber for Siege Prime. It would be magnificent

16. TheSledgeHammer

No hijacking happening here man - you're good. That peg for the shoulder cannon is 5mm long, and 2mm wide, and for smoother fit and easier removal, I rounded all the corners. Height can be how ever short/tall it needs to be based on the item you're making. An image quickly done in paint:
    [​IMG]

Do you mean Siege Optimus' Axe included with the figure? If that is what you are wanting, I don't own that figure, and currently don't plan on getting it, so you might want to ask another designer about this. Otherwise if you're just looking for a different Axe for Siege Prime and/or The White Cab portion of Ultra Magnus - I do have this item available:
    Transformers WFC Siege Axe by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

Similar to the above user's question, I don't own Siege Optimus Prime, and don't plan on getting him for now, however I could add a "generic" TFP Star Saber for figures with 5mm hands to my list of things to make. Just so we're clear - are you asking for the version seen in the show (image 1) or the one seen in some artworks of Prima Prime (image 2):
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...(Prime).jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180629094834
    https://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/b/b5/TransformersVault-Prima.jpg

With those questions out of the way, I have a new item, technically two, to reveal today!
    I present, Siege Ironhide's Arsenal!
    Ironhide: Eat Liquid Nitrogen Flywheels!
    Flywheels: Why does this seem to be becoming a recurring trend!?!?!?
    [​IMG]

This item is a set of accessories for Siege Ironhide, all based on weapons he used in the G1 cartoon, which were also included with Ironhide's Masterpiece figure. The set includes 3 Blasters, 2 identical ones, and the third also features a 5mm peg on top so you can stack weapons together.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 Liquid Nitrogen Cannons, which the ones included in this arsenal set feature a single standard 3mm peg in front for effect parts, while also being sold seperately with peg configurations set up like Siege Lionizer and Pteraxadon for those that would prefer that style of set up. Just to note though, Lionizer's effect part is a bit too long for these items, so it doesn't look that great.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A Shoulder cannon, which can mount either the included missile, or mount an effect part. Up to you!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last but not least, the "Forearm Radar". A custom peg is used for this one to fit right into the breather hole on Ironhide's forearm.
    [​IMG]

Feel free to go crazy with effect part attachments, as all of the blasters feature the 3mm pegs for them!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Lastly, all of the weapons store well in vehicle mode - however the "forearm radar" and the Liquid Nitrogen Cannons cannot store in vehicle mode. They work well with my previously revealed Ironhide vehicle cover as well!
    [​IMG]
    MORE EFFECT PARTS!!!
    [​IMG]

These items are now available here!
    Ironhide's Arsenal: TF WFC Siege - Ironhide's Arsenal by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

Liquid Nitrogen Cannons with the Lionizer/Pteraxadon peg set up: TF WFC Siege - Ironhide Liquid Nitrogen Blasters by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

That's all for today folks!

• Like Like x 6
  17. GMANPRIME

GMANPRIME till my collection is done

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah a generic one would work great. Yhat way other figures could hold it as well. Yes I meant the first one, the show model. Thanks for the reply!

• Like Like x 1
  18. DualDiac84

DualDiac84 Clearing out, Buy my stuff!!

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks! Also those nitrogen guns look awesome!

• Like Like x 2
  19. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

definitely looking at some of these:thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  20. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    FYI, Dr. Wu did this already. Search eBay for DW-TP08, DW-P35, and DW-TP09.

For that matter, @Trentulas did a version of the Dark Star Saber.

Don't mean to derail the thread...I just feel like designers don't need to be repeating and redoing unless they can substantially improve on what's been done.

• Like Like x 2